Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/16/2001 2:06:46 PM EDT
Today while at work, my wife called me, and I could tell instantly by the tone in her voice that she was upset and had been crying.  Assuming the worst and fearing something has happened to one of our kids or one of our parents, I immediately ask her what's wrong and she tells me that something happened to one of our cats who has recently been living at my mother-in-law's house.

Today the cat limped home after being gone for the last day or so with his face completely smashed in.  At first my in-laws assumed he had been hit by a car, but the vet said it's not characteristic, as there are no tire marks, skin tears, or other signs indicative of a hit and run.  [B]He said it looked as if someone beat on the cat with a baseball bat or other club, shattering his jawbone and breaking/knocking out the majority of his teeth.[/b]  The damage was localized only to the front of his face and his jaw, and the vet believed it was deliberate.  So, they took the cat to the vet, who said the damage was too extensive to fix.  When my wife found out she drove to the vet and told them that she's pay anything if they could fix him, and they told her there was nothing they could do.  They sedated him, and she spent 10 minutes petting him before they put him to sleep.  She had this cat since she was 8 years old, and his brother still lives with us.  After losing her best friend last month and now one of her favorite pets she's really upset.

What's more disturbing, is not two months ago my in-law's cat Tiger had the same thing done to it, and at the time they assumed she had been hit by a car as well and had the cat put to sleep.  So, someone in their neighborhood is torturing and beating these cats.  I told her to file a police report and at the very least someone else might have had it happen to their pets.

We have our suspicions as to who it is, but no firm evidence.  The son of a bitch just better hope he and I don't run into each other.  I'm not much of an animal lover, but I don't believe in abusing them either.  And he's hurt a member of my family now.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for the loss.  I hate when people abuse animals, but pet owners have to keep their pets on their own property.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
i am very sorry....i would track the bastards down and do the same to them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It makes me sick when I see people abusing animals.  If that happened to my cat and I found out who did it they would be beaten up hardcore with a bat.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Eye for an eye, find the person responsible and bash their face in with a bat.  I cant stand people who do this to animals.  Better hope I never come across someone doing that!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry for the loss.  I hate when people abuse animals, but pet owners have to keep their pets on their own property.
View Quote
It doesn't matter if the cat was on their property or not.  There is not excuse for this crap.  This isn't hunting.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry about the loss, but I still hate fucking cats.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes it does matter Larry.

The cat would be alive & well if it wasn't where it wasn't supposed to be.  You can't wander on other people's property and neither should your pet.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
A person that would do that is certainly an evil person. The guy(or kid most likely) should be beat to within an inch of his life.  There is just no excuse for it. You know that statistics show that the 2 things most serial killers did when they were young was abuse animals and set fires. That's not a good sign.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
It doesn't matter if the cat was on their property or not.  There is not excuse for this crap.  This isn't hunting.
View Quote

I think he ment that if you kept them on your own property they have to tresspass to commit such cruelty. If you are in Texas, that can have serious reprocussions for the tresspasser.

Watch out if you have kids in school GBT. Most schoolyard shooters start out with animal cruelty.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel sorry for your loss. I have lost cats also, but neraly so tragicaly or cruely.
I hate I-Luv-Carrots
BP
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes it does matter Larry.

The cat would be alive & well if it wasn't where it wasn't supposed to be.  You can't wander on other people's property and neither should your pet.
View Quote

The cat may not even have been on the person who beat it's property.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

I love animals also, but keep them on a leash or in the house.  It is not right and it is not fair but it is the only way to keep them safe.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to hear that, GBT.  I second the opinion that people who inflict such cruelty on animals often turn out to be very nasty later in life.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#17]
iluvcarrots=*hole....oops...i meant to say...*hole
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I still find it odd that there are still those here, who not only justify the cruelty, but try to lay the blame of someones obviously wrong actions on the owner of a pet.  There are too many ways of keeping a neighbors pet out of the yard without maiming it.

The person who did this is twisted.  Sorry for the loss of a pet.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry for the loss. I hope you find the ones who did it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I still hate fucking cats.
View Quote

I'm kinda' partial to girls myself. I don't think I'll bother trying cats, though. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm kinda' partial to girls myself. I don't think I'll bother trying cats, though. [;)]
View Quote

LMAO!
[:D]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Beating a cat with a bat is cruel.  If I had a problem with a trespassing cat, I would capture it on my property with a trap.  Then I could ransom it back to the owner for $$$.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

He said he hates it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#24]

i don't much like cats and even get irritated when the neighbor's cats are hunting squirrels and birds and such on my property. but, i have never come close to even wanting to injure a cat. talk to the owners or call animal control at least.

to somehow blame GBT for this is no different then blaming the US government for the WTC attacks. hurting and killing an animal for pleasure is horribly sick. to me, these types of people are a bigger danger to society then most  "criminals" and should be dealt with accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is absurd. That suggests that we know with any certainty that it happened on this person's property. It also suggests that we're returning to the concept of a crime being the victim's fault.

But let's assume, for the sake of this argument, that it was on this miscreant's property. The law in most states in most situations requires a measured response. Even if you need to destroy a feral animal that poses serious threat to your life or safety, you cannot beat it as savagely as this animal was beaten. Cats, in general, are easy to chase off. I've got a water gun for just that purpose.

Also, in many states and municipalities, cats are not subject to leash laws or ordinances(i.e. they are ALLOWED to roam). So property issues are about the same as chasing a deer or raccoon off your land. It's your right to do it but it's still the animal's right to roam.

NOTHING allows cruelty of this nature. Whoever this apparent serial abuser of animals is, he's a potential threat to human safety. He deserves to be put under a microscope for serious observation and, if you believe in the God of the Old Testament, a fitting and measured punishment.

Sorry for your and your wife's loss.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#26]
 Sorry for your loss , a pet does become part of the family over time .

We had a problem with someone shooting our cat with a bb gun when she went outside our yard . We started keeping her inside and do not have to worry now .
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm not a big fan of cats as pets but if someone in the neighborhood is beating cats it would be important to know for certain before they go off another way on a person.

Making sure who is responsible is the problem.

You:  "I know you are the one who beat our cats"
Him:  "Get outta my face, you are %$#* nuts"
You:  "if I ever catch you messing with our cats..."
Him:  "You & who else"
[chainsawkill][flame][grenade][shotgun][flame][rail]

Police:  "So let us get this straight, you kicked the crap outta this guy because he got upset at you accusing him of beating pet cats?"

You:  "well no, I said, He said, I said, he said..... took a swing....."

Jail, bail, prosecution, defense....

It really would be nice to know for certain who is doing it & then act (covertly??) overtly.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

This is absurd. That suggests that we know with any certainty that it happened on this person's property. It also suggests that we're returning to the concept of a crime being the victim's fault.

But let's assume, for the sake of this argument, that it was on this miscreant's property. The law in most states in most situations requires a measured response. Even if you need to destroy a feral animal that poses serious threat to your life or safety, you cannot beat it as savagely as this animal was beaten. Cats, in general, are easy to chase off. I've got a water gun for just that purpose.

Also, in many states and municipalities, cats are not subject to leash laws or ordinances(i.e. they are ALLOWED to roam). So property issues are about the same as chasing a deer or raccoon off your land. It's your right to do it but it's still the animal's right to roam.

NOTHING allows cruelty of this nature. Whoever this apparent serial abuser of animals is, he's a potential threat to human safety. He deserves to be put under a microscope for serious observation and, if you believe in the God of the Old Testament, a fitting and measured punishment.

Sorry for your and your wife's loss.
View Quote

Look,

My Grandpa was a farmer.  He killed stray cats and dogs all the time.  He loved animals, but he would kill a stray in a heartbeat.  The bottom line is keep them on a leash or in the house.  If you believed your philosophy, you would leave your house unlocked and your keys in your car at night.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#29]
There is a vast difference between a stray, and a white cat with a large contrasting blue collar with contact and shot information on it.  Furthermore, my mother-in-law filed a police report and there appears to be a pattern of animal abuse in the neighborhood.  Unfortunately, short of seeing someone doing it, there's not much they can do.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I believe the texas legislature passed a law recently making animal cruelty a felony. In addition to the normal punishments ( jail time, fines, etc... ) the law requires convicted individuals to undergo psychological evaluation and treatment.

This law came about when a guy's dog dissappeared for a few days and eventually returned with its eyes gouged out. The dogs owner took his dog to Austin and helped to push the new law through.

Has anyone heard anything about this? I remember seeing this story on the local news.

I have 3 cats myself and because of shit like this happening I never let them out. If someone ever hurt one of my cats they better pray I not discover who they are. As the old saying goes... "Revenge is best served cold"...[}:D]

Edited to fix smiley face.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorry for your loss.  I share your outrage at what this sicko vermin did.  I hope you locate the responsible individual and take appropriate action.

I love cats and mine are as much my family as any human.  They are a damn site more loyal than most people I know, my X wife in particular.  Screw with my pet(s) and the consequences will be VERY SEVERE!

Been a couple pukes around here done 60 days for less in the cruelty department.  I certainly hope Bubba extracted HIS brand of justice!

Remember astory about a friend and his cat.  "Big Kitty" was a huge 25 LB Tom cat.  Lazy, friendly and very tame.  Lived indoors and loved everybody, even kids.  One evening a neighbor knocks on the door and is all pissed.  BK had clawed hell out of his two boys - made a real mess outta them.  Owner asks"what were they doing, and where?"  Reply was kids had "borrowed" BK and tried to skin him!!  Upon examination, a few minor cuts on his ample belly.  Owner came back and punched father of the retards in the snout and praised BK for teaching the kids a valuable lesson.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Animal tortures like you stated are probably kids going down the wrong road.  It is not right and I hope you catch them the legal way or another.[spank] [kill]

I see cats hunting in the rural woods behind the house frequently.  We used to have pheasants and other game birds out back.  A domestic cat can upset the balance of nature and does impact the hunting.  Nature does strike back.............Coyotes...

Keep your domestic cat domestic.....in your yard or home.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#34]
terrible,terrible,terrible. not long ago here at the college in the city where i live, two of the baseball players got arrested by police for skinning a cat alive!!! can you believe it?? they got caught in the act by the police!!  what the fuck is the matter with people?????
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This is absurd. That suggests that we know with any certainty that it happened on this person's property.
View Quote

No, you're absurd.  The only suggestion made is that you keep your animals on your own property.  Is this concept really that far over your head?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I am sorry to hear about this.  My wife would lose it if someone did that to our kittys.  It is a totally pointless pursuit, and it reveals a lot about the absence of character on the part of the perp(s).

Jim
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm sure i'll get torn a new one for this but I give cats one chance. If a cat gets caught on top of my car or using my garage as a bathroom it gets chased off once. The next time it gets dead. Never beaten, just one quick shot. I love my dog but I trained it from birth not to leave the property without me. If a cat is just walking across my property then its no big deal but if it is on my cars or using my garage as a toilet then sorry but it will die. Torturing it is wrong but so is a cat screwing up others property. I'm not saying that your cat was doing anything wrong, the sick punk who did this probably didn't need a reason.

Sorry about your loss.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Have you contacted the local media they love to investigate things like this around here. There were a few incidences around here like that one a kid set a cat on fire . Any way they pushed this story for so long they found out who did it  ( a kid ) . The parents had sent him out of state but had to bring him back to be tried for animal cruelty.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone doing that to either of my cats would be tracked down and without getting specific, let's just say that afterward they'd run like hell whenever they so much as SAW a cat. There's a special place in hell for sick f**ks like that.
I feel for your wife.
Pit
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey jackass, why don't you pull your head out of your ass? That is the most moronic thing I have heard. If I subscribed to your theory of things being kept on their own property then I should have taken my baseball bat to the neighbors kid who was climbing in my tree. Because I HATE KIDS. Even if the cat was shitting on your porch, there are other ways to handle things.

I'm sure you’re the type of person that has a 20' concrete wall with alligator filled moat around you house so WILD house pets don't tread on your prize lawn. Better yet, if you see someones dog on the road, do you aim for it because it wasn't keept on its own property? Either lean a little tolerance and compassion, or move to a remote location in Montana.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey jackass, why don't you pull your head out of your ass? That is the most moronic thing I have heard. If I subscribed to your theory of things being kept on their own property then I should have taken my baseball bat to the neighbors kid who was climbing in my tree. Because I HATE KIDS. Even if the cat was shitting on your porch, there are other ways to handle things.

I'm sure you’re the type of person that has a 20' concrete wall with alligator filled moat around you house so WILD house pets don't tread on your prize lawn. Better yet, if you see someones dog on the road, do you aim for it because it wasn't keept on its own property? Either lean a little tolerance and compassion, or move to a remote location in Montana.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you post your property with no tresspassing in cat language let us know. As far as tresspassing as soon as you touch someone elses cat your on THIER PROPERTY
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry to read about your loss GodBless Texas find the a$$hole who does this to animals.

Quoted:
The only suggestion made is that you keep your animals on your own property.  Is this concept really that far over your head?
View Quote

No, but this might be over yours: people don’t own cats; they just care for them. Unlike the domesticated canine, domesticated felines do not attack people even when they trespass or come to close to “their” territory.

This might be a hard one also: I’ve given every animal that has lived with me the same freedoms that I have, I don’t hit them when the meow constantly, I don’t de-claw them, and if they want out I let them out. The reason I won’t get a dog is that I don’t have 100+ acres to let one run around.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#44]
You people crack me up!  Post signs in cat language!  HAHAHAHHA!

Ever hear of the "training your pet" concept?  It works for dogs.  Cats can be kept inside or fenced in, among other choices.

How about caring for your pet enough to ensure it's safety?  There are morons out there who like to kill animals.  Therefore don't let your animals leave your property!

This is not disputable!  You can try all you want to argue this but you can't!  It's too simple!  Just think:  Keep your own animal in your own yard!  WOW!  That's a lot to chew for some of you!  You sound like a bunch of fools.

Keep your own damn animal on your own damn property & it won't get killed unless the "killer" comes to hunt your animal down at your house which would be an entire different issue.

Also, just for you SexualChoc, did you ever stop to think that besides humans there are natural enemies to cats like dogs & coyotes?

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh- and SDavid: Freedom isn't free.  Even for cats.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I guess you can't reason with an unreasonable person.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former."

Case and point PaulieWalnuts
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I am sorry for your loss. I know how attached a person can get to an animal.

To other posters, no matter what you think of cats, dogs, whatever, there is no excuse for torturing or abusing an animal. Having to dispatch one for good cause is not the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I guess you can't reason with an unreasonable person.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former."

Case and point PaulieWalnuts
View Quote

And just what makes you the high-and-mighty judge of reasonableness?  There's quite a few posts here that agree with me but you don't attack them.  Did someone here get a bug up their ass & e-mail there butt buddies to attack?
Just look at the timing of the posts.

What a joke.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ever hear of the "training your pet" concept?  It works for dogs.  Cats can be kept inside or fenced in, among other choices.

How about caring for your pet enough to ensure it's safety?  There are morons out there who like to kill animals.  Therefore don't let your animals leave your property!

This is not disputable!  You can try all you want to argue this but you can't!  It's too simple!  Just think:  Keep your own animal in your own yard!  WOW!  That's a lot to chew for some of you!  You sound like a bunch of fools.

Keep your own damn animal on your own damn property & it won't get killed unless the "killer" comes to hunt your animal down at your house which would be an entire different issue.

View Quote

Give it a rest. Most areas allow cats to roam. Most areas do not allow people to mutilate animals. I have a neighbor who sounds a lot like you. He always said, "If I see an animal on my property, Im gonna' shoot it." Well, he shot several things and eventually the police came out to his house and caught him shooting at a muskrat (the area is on a lake in a city area). Since it is illiegal to discharge a firearm in city limits and he was poaching, he got burned. The dumbest thing he did was not to drop the gun when he was asked to. Two cops had to draw down on him with .40's.

Take a deep breath and go make sure nothing is trespassing on your "property".
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
That was meant to be humorous, in response to a moronic concept, now you've out done yourself again. Next you'll be saying that people should be able to train their trees to shed their leaves in piles.

View Quote
I should have remembered that morons have no responsibility for their actions and we must all act in a responsible manner to keep them from "acting out". And you wonder why we have the Nanny State.

View Quote

If this was described as a cat being shot you might have some point. However this cat was up close to whoever did this. Either lured or because the cat was taught to trust people. If the person hadn't wanted the cat on their property the could have squirted it with water. But to beat it with a blunt object........ and of course you are assuming that it was on somebodies property. Waht if the cat was in it's owners front yard when some %&*)()_ walked by and hit it?? or set a trap so it could have a cat to torture??

View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top