Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/6/2004 8:57:38 AM EDT
www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/05/06/loc_moment06.html

Whatever his policy flaws, and there are plenty of them, this is a good man.  

Edited to fix title.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
this is exactly why we must do everything we can to get him re-elected.  this could literally be the most important election in our nation's history
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think he has many policy flaws.  I certainly don't agree with him on everything, but mostly I do.  At least he seems honest & sincere.  I'll take that any day in a leader.

I used to live only about 1 or 2 miles from the Golden Lamb in Lebanon, Ohio.  It's a great place.  I loved it there.  Now I live in Atlanta (aka Hell on Earth).
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
That really got to me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't think he has many policy flaws.  I certainly don't agree with him on everything, but mostly I do.  At least he seems honest & sincere.  I'll take that any day in a leader.

I used to live only about 1 or 2 miles from the Golden Lamb in Lebanon, Ohio.  It's a great place.  I loved it there.  Now I live in Atlanta (aka Hell on Earth).

Atlanta is NOT that bad

I couldnt imagine Lurch...errr Kerry doing that

if he did, the person getting hugged may need to make sure their wallet is still there
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#5]
GW is da man!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#6]
president bush looks tired. real tired.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Ya know, look at that photo.  Take a look at the president's face.   He cares.  He's genuinely emotional.  None of this horseshit bite the bottom lip crap that Clinton did when he was acting like he "felt your pain."  

I tell ya, I'm thinking thats why so much of the nonsense they've been shucking at him isn't sticking.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
this is exactly why we must do everything we can to get him re-elected.  this could literally be the most important election in our nation's history

It very well could be.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I love those warm fuzzy media attention grabbing moments.

Ought to be good for a couple of votes. Especially that stare straight into the camera lens as he's hugging the girl.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I love those warm fuzzy media attention grabbing moments.

Ought to be good for a couple of votes. Especially that stare straight into the camera lens as he's hugging the girl.

It was the girls father that took the pic. I doubt Bush was haming for the camera. I've got tons of photos where people are looking into the camera. Not because they did it to make sure they were seen but because of where I was when the picture was taken.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#14]
During election season, any and all candidates for any and all offices in the United States are 'on stage', every waking moment they are not in the confines of their own home.

I'm not criticizing GWB in this instance. I am simply highlighting the fact of life that as soon as that pic was take, genuine or contrived, Karl Rove and Co. got ahold of it and had a long conversation about how many compassion votes they would get from it.

Don't think for a second that doesn't go on 24/7.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#15]
wow.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Atlanta is NOT that bad

I couldn't imagine Lurch...errr Kerry doing that

if he did, the person getting hugged may need to make sure their wallet is still there

Hey RodeoFan and any other Georgia(or close to Atlanta) member, check out the Georgia Forum. We are getting together in the Atlanta area for a (good) Gun Show on the 15th and a shoot near the end of the month. We have a good group of guys and it may help adjust your feeling toward Atlanta.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
wow.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Atlanta is NOT that bad

I couldn't imagine Lurch...errr Kerry doing that

Hey RodeoFan and any other Georgia(or close to Atlanta) member, check out the Georgia Forum. We are getting together in the Atlanta area for a (good) Gun Show on the 15th and a shoot near the end of the month. We have a good group of guys and it may help adjust your feeling toward Atlanta.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Thanks for the invite.  The country around Atlanta is pretty, but it's too crowded.  About the only thing you could do to adjust my feeling toward Atlanta is to have about 90% of the people move away.  Great googly-moogly, I've never seen so many people!  Oh, and if you could get summer to last for less than 9 months, that would help, too.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Know what? I don't care if it was completely scripted from the start. We all know that politicians are scum. But this is one guy that gets it. He knows that everything he does is going to get scrutinized and torpedoed by the Libs. (this is part of why I like him).

The article was well done. I don't care if nobody else sees it. It was a true, genuine seeming moment, and the expression on his face was absolutely genuine. This is a guy that doesn't show a lot of emotion.

You watch; the Libs will now scramble to orchestrate something like that for Kerry to do. But he'll do something to screw it up, like telling the girl not to blubber on his Vietnam Hero suit or something.

jim
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#19]
He's a politican looking to be re-elected - there's no well to tell if it's genuine or not.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Bush is a real class act, you can't fake that photo, although Cardboard man wishes he could.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Thanks for the invite.  The country around Atlanta is pretty, but it's too crowded.  About the only thing you could do to adjust my feeling toward Atlanta is to have about 90% of the people move away.  Great googly-moogly, I've never seen so many people!  Oh, and if you could get summer to last for less than 9 months, that would help, too.  

I really don't want to hijack this thread, so one last post...

Damn, RodeoFan, you don't ask for much! Come on over to the Georgia Forum, you'll fit right in.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dupe, thank you.

We liked his title better--it's way cooler.  

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I think you miss the point I was making.

There's a phenomenal amount of analysis that goes into the 'vote counter' effect of such things. Political campaigns are guerilla marketing 101.

I did a lot of work for SAMI/Burke Marketing a while back. Those analysts were pretty scary with their ability to actually manipulate social behavior.

Nothing appears in the media without an agenda or intent for it being there.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
That really got to me.

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I think you miss the point I was making.

There's a phenomenal amount of analysis that goes into the 'vote counter' effect of such things. Political campaigns are guerilla marketing 101.

I did a lot of work for SAMI/Burke Marketing a while back. Those analysts were pretty scary with their ability to actually manipulate social behavior.

Nothing appears in the media without an agenda or intent for it being there.

I don't think anyone missed the point. I think most here are mature enough to realize what it takes to persuade the great unwashed to pull the handle in November.

But I have a hard time imagining Bush as disingenuous in this situation. Why? Because the only places I ever see this stuff is here, or unearthed from some other internet site. You never see this type of Bush stuff on the networks, MSN or CNN. Hell, I never see it on Fox! So if this is just another photo op, why bother? It's sure getting minimal airplay. How many times does he have to demonstrate that he has a heart and a mind before the naysayers actually believe it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

But I have a hard time imagining Bush as disingenuous in this situation. Why? Because the only places I ever see this stuff is here, or unearthed from some other internet site. You never see this type of Bush stuff on the networks, MSN or CNN. Hell, I never see it on Fox! So if this is just another photo op, why bother? It's sure getting minimal airplay. How many times does he have to demonstrate that he has a heart and a mind before the naysayers actually believe it?

exactly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Attached is a picture of Mike McNaughton. He stepped on a landmine in Afghanistan Christmas 2002. President Bush came to visit the wounded in the hospital. He told Mike that when he could run a mile, that they would go on a run together. True to his word, he called Mike every month or so to see how he was doing. Well, last week they went on the run, 1 mile with the president. Not something you'll see in the news, but seeing the president taking the time to say thank you to the wounded and to give hope to one of my best friends was one of the greatest/best things I have seen in my life. It almost sounds like a corny email chain letter, but God bless him.

www.snopes.com/politics/bush/jogging.asp
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Doubt you would see J. F. Ketchup doing this...

W is the heat.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Attached is a picture of Mike McNaughton. He stepped on a landmine in Afghanistan Christmas 2002. President Bush came to visit the wounded in the hospital. He told Mike that when he could run a mile, that they would go on a run together. True to his word, he called Mike every month or so to see how he was doing. Well, last week they went on the run, 1 mile with the president. Not something you'll see in the news, but seeing the president taking the time to say thank you to the wounded and to give hope to one of my best friends was one of the greatest/best things I have seen in my life. It almost sounds like a corny email chain letter, but God bless him.

www.ramtek57.com/pics/bush%20running.bmp

www.snopes.com/politics/bush/jogging.asp

All I can say is....wow.    Funny how I never saw this on the news.  Wonder why not?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Doubt you would see J. F. Ketchup doing this...

www.mattandpamazon.com/images/matt/PRES.JPG

W is the heat.

Of course not.  Our Army is composed of war criminals according to Kerry.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Two of you have said he "gets it."

Gets what?

Scott
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn!!! Just when I get to thinkin that everyone from DU and Kerry's campaign are members on this site, you guys go and put up this thread. It's good to know that not everyone is cynical to the point of sitting at home on their 500 pound ass and thinking that EVERYONE ELSE is the problem.

Bush ain't perfect. WHO is? He's had to make some comprimises that make me shake my head. He's done some things that make me wonder. But I still think he's a good guy at heart, in a difficult time in the world's history and that generally, he's trying to make things for America BETTER. Does ANYONE really think that J F'n Kerry gives a damn about ANYTHING other than himself and his cronies? For those who can't see ANY difference between GWB and JFK... give me a freakin' break! You  say that anyone who believes Bush is a dupe. I say that anyone who can't see that one is better than the other is the dupe. Life in the 21st century is all about making choices between imperfect scenarios. If you think that is a cop-out then throw the Tea Party or STFU.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Call me gullible but whatever else anyone can say about President Bush and his administration I believe he is at the very least a good and decent man.

That's sure a hell of a lot more than I can say for Kerry, Clinton, Gore or the rest of them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Are you joking?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Would you let Bill Klinton hug your daughter like that? No.

Thats why Bush has more credibility than the Dems, simple trust issues.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
During election season, any and all candidates for any and all offices in the United States are 'on stage', every waking moment they are not in the confines of their own home.

I'm not criticizing GWB in this instance. I am simply highlighting the fact of life that as soon as that pic was take, genuine or contrived, Karl Rove and Co. got ahold of it and had a long conversation about how many compassion votes they would get from it.

Don't think for a second that doesn't go on 24/7.

Do you do your job while on the clock??  They do theirs....yes 24/7....

I don't believe for a second that GWB was being disingenious with this interaction.  The spin attached from various sources might be, but I think to cut all the bullshit when I can and like to see the underlying emotion.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Would you let Bill Klinton hug your daughter like that? No.

Thats why Bush has more credibility than the Dems, simple trust issues.

You guys make me laugh with statements like this!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Predictably, they're having kittens about this over at DUh.  

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x534908
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you joking?

absolutely not

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top