Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 7:20:21 PM EDT
It seems this guy was an accident waiting to happen, but who could know.....

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,48851,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
This sort of crap is utterly beyond human understanding.

And of course some @$$f**k will blame the gun instead of the unhinged person who used it.

I can't see how a totally reasonable solution to this sort of problem can ever be reached, unless we find a way to accurately predict who's going to go over the edge, and when, and why.

If you're totally miserable, put yourself out of your misery.   But don't take others with you as an honor guard.

CJ
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the guy I REALLY feel for:
[img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/51374/2_22_225_slain_kids.jpg[/img]

the man in the middle between the Sheriffs deputy and the woman in purple.

He is Tom Willis the father of the three teenage children, who is probably ripping himself up right now for not having his children with HIM instead of in his ex-wifes care.

I would be very interested in knowing what the custody situation was like in this first marrage.  I dont know about you all, but if I had found out that my wife was having to take out a restraining order on her new husband and throw him out, I would be in court the next morning DEMANDING custody, at least temporaraly.  Poor Mr. Willis is probably thinking the same thing tonight...

I am interested in knowing if the judge gave McFadden custody of the three Willis kids simply because she was the MOM- and that happens MOST of the time in California divorces- perhaps some legal action may be needed against the State of California.?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The mom is not without blame.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The mom is not without blame.
View Quote

Perhaps. If this breakup was this rocky, why weren't the three older kids with their father?
Now maybe he is living in a apartment, or worse, and couldn't care for them, we don't know the whole story yet.

But if your ex-wife was having to take out a restraining order on her new man, cause she feared violence from him, wouldn't you at least consider going back to the judge and at least bringing up the question of the custody arrangement?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]
in a heartbeat
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Gees I thought we had more divorced men here. Why so little comment?

Don't any of you worry about what kind of person your ex is shacking up with? Especally if she has the custody of your children?

Quoted:
How can anyone EVER fathom hurting their own children.... Sick
View Quote

Well the thing here is that only ONE of these kids was HIS. The other three were children of another man, and that made them just targets for his vengance against his ex wife.

Or perhaps he thought that the older kids came between him and his wife?

But dont you divorced guys out there ever worry about stuff like this?  Or sexual abuse?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I came through my divorce on the verge of bankruptcy, but, with full custody of my daughter. It was all worth it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#10]
MERCED, Calif. — A retired sheriff's deputy shot and killed his 5-year-old daughter and his three stepchildren.

He would have been one of the ones allowed to keep a firearm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Don't any of you worry about what kind of person your ex is shacking up with? Especally if she has the custody of your children?

But dont you divorced guys out there ever worry about stuff like this?  Or sexual abuse?
View Quote

And what would you like them to say about it? That "we're agin' it?" We are. Or were you looking for a Jerry Springer talk show gut-spilling? If so, try again, we have plenty of tough situations to deal with without somebody wanting a little vicarious thrill.

More to the point, what would you like them to DO about it?  Since divorced men rarely get a fair shake in a divorce, either on child support, or in custody, they are faced with putting up and shutting up, going postal, or trying to sustain a lop-sided court battle on drastically reduced resources, while trying to get their life going again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#12]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=104216[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top