Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 10/12/2005 5:02:08 PM EDT
Got this off craigslist today. It's since been pulled, so unfortunately there's no way to share your thoughts with the original poster. There was a follow-up post, however, by someone who said they emailed a copy to the Yosemite rangers office...and thanked them for spanking these bozos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and my buddies went to Yosemite, and when we drove to the top of Glacier Point, we folded paper printed with messages like, "Support our troops! Bring them home!" and "Bush lied! People Died!" into paper planes and launched them over the Yosemite valley. That way, not only motorists may find these messages, but hikers, climbers, and picnickers as well. It was a novel, organic and environmentally-friendly way of spreading the message. It only required hand power to launch them, and the air currents do the rest.

When we were half way through our ream of paper (we brought 2 printed reams. I.e. 1000 sheets), some rangers pulled up, demanded that we immediately stop what we were doing and cited us for littering. Apparently, someone in the crowd called them to complain.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SPREADING THE MESSAGE OF PEACE?

I bet the asshole who called in is a redneck neocon who sleeps with his sister.

And those fucking rangers! This is not littering!
This is activism!

Whoever called, here's a hearty fuck you!
The ticket costs each of us $1000, you asshole!

The valley is for the enjoyment of all.
Yes, that's ALL!

What is wrong with a few hundred or a thousand paper planes over Yosemite Valley?
It does not pollute, and it carries a positive message aimed at change.
It is a holistic manner of enviro-politico-activism.
It does not use the burning of fossil fuels for its propagation.
Imagine, someone hiking along the woods or the trails will encounter the paper plane, find it cute, unfold it, and will absorb the message within the sanctity of nature.
This is a great idea that does not deserve to be shot down by asshole neocons, incestuous rednecks, and power-hungry fascist nazi rangers.

I am going to check with the ACLU to see if my constitutional rights of free speech and expression were violated by those nazi rangers. I bet those rangers are redneck neocons as well.

Fucking neocons. Scum like you are the strongest argument for abortion.
I hope you are happy, your fucking phone call cost our group $5000.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:12:10 PM EDT
Too bad it only cost them 5k. I hope they were made to pick up their refuse as well.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:14:16 PM EDT

i really hate people sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:15:29 PM EDT
It's OK to throw your garbage out while driving on a road in your automobile.

Myself, when in any place that is "pristine", I pack my shit out.

I, however, have no problem chucking any piece of  rotten, stinking garbage onto the side of a road I might be traveling on.

And....I know that there are some that have no problem tossing any piece of garbage anywhere anytime anyhow.

But, I suspect that sooner or later even THOSE folks will complain about all the garbage that "those assholes" toss out their passing assholemobiles.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:19:24 PM EDT

Quoted:

I, however, have no problem chucking any piece of  rotten, stinking garbage onto the side of a road I might be traveling on.

And....I know that there are some that have no problem tossing any piece of garbage anywhere anytime anyhow.

But, I suspect that sooner or later even THOSE folks will complain about all the garbage that "those assholes" toss out their passing assholemobiles.

You're kidding right?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:20:18 PM EDT
what about the paper polluting the park?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:22:47 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're kidding right?

+1 Was there sarcasm i didn't detect?

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:24:37 PM EDT
Apple cores are the only thing that I'll throw out of a window. Only in rural areas.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:24:46 PM EDT

Quoted:

It's like, biodegradable, man!  We are sensitive to the needs of Mother Gaia!  We spread our message of enlightenment in harmony with nature.  So the rules shouldn't apply to us.  Total buzzkill.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:26:36 PM EDT
HAHAHAHAHAHA! *Points and laughs*

Would've been cool if the park ranger made them shell out $1K for every piece of paper on the ground.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:30:24 PM EDT
I would not enjoy it very much and would not find it "cute" you fuckstick. It would have taken all of my strength not to wring this little pukes neck..........

Yes, that's ALL!

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:32:22 PM EDT

Me and my buddies went to Yosemite, and when we drove to the top of Glacier Point, we folded paper printed with messages like, "Support our troops! Bring them home!" and "Bush lied! People Died!" into paper planes and launched them over the Yosemite valley. That way, not only motorists may find these messages, but hikers, climbers, and picnickers as well. It was a novel, organic and environmentally-friendly way of spreading the message. It only required hand power to launch them, and the air currents do the rest.

When we were half way through our ream of paper (we brought 2 printed reams. I.e. 1000 sheets), some rangers pulled up, demanded that we immediately stop what we were doing and cited us for littering. Apparently, someone in the crowd called them to complain.

What is wrong with a few hundred or a thousand paper planes over Yosemite Valley?
It does not pollute, and it carries a positive message aimed at change.
It is a holistic manner of enviro-politico-activism.
It does not use the burning of fossil fuels for its propagation.
Imagine, someone hiking along the woods or the trails will encounter the paper plane, find it cute, unfold it, and will absorb the message within the sanctity of nature.
This is a great idea that does not deserve to be shot down by asshole neocons, incestuous rednecks, and power-hungry fascist nazi rangers.

I guess they drove their solar-powered car to the top of the mountain to fly their home-made paper airplanes that they printed using a hand-powered printing press.  

I love to go hiking.  I would be really pissed off if I found a bunch of paper airplanes littering the trail.  I'd be even more pissed if they had some conservative statement.  I always try to pack out more than I packed in because of the morons who litter.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:32:59 PM EDT
the good thing is there's a lot of informed squirrels running around yosemite tonight.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:33:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:34:26 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're kidding right?

No kidding.  Adding to the garbage is OK?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:45:37 PM EDT
we had a bunch of weenie assholes like this holes up by Exit Glacier this summer.  They spray painted all over the road peacenik crap, littered all over the woods because they did not want to pack their crap out.  Not to mention they sh*t all over the place.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:30:16 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're kidding right?

NO! I am not kidding.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:32:23 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're kidding right?

There was some SERIOUS sarcasm that you really, truly don't even begin to understand!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:32:48 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

After reading that, yes, yes I am.  

I'd be more than happy to help them lose another $5000
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:32:49 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're kidding right?

NO! I am not kidding.

Dipshit.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:36:23 PM EDT
must...believe...this is... satire....people can't...be this...stupid....gaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:37:50 PM EDT
Someone should have thrown them off of Glacier Point.  It wouldn't require the burning of fossil fuels, the use of any evil boomsticks, carries a positive message (against stupidity), is environmentally friendly (as their remains would decompose to fuel new life), and would help maintain the cleanliness of the gene pool.

It's not homicide.  It's activism.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:38:22 PM EDT
I subscribe to the "theory" that:

I always leave a place better than when I found it.

Why do I pick up ANY garbage that some dweeb left behind?

'Cause there are so many clueless dweebs (oink oink) flatulating the Common.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:50:38 PM EDT
I smoke cigarettes.

I went to Assateague National Seashore "Park" this past weekend.

Some people seem to think that ANSP is their personal ashtray.

I cleaned up more butts than I care to say. And more than I left there meself.

How many campsites have I been to where I'm picking up broken glass and other miscellaneous garbage that some asshole left behind?

I'm sorry, but, given the level of "whatever" you want to call it that is going on here....I suspect that most of you are the perps leaving this garbage behind that I am picking up!

Am I winning friends and influencing people?

No?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:04:44 PM EDT
I hope they get more radical. It only helps us.

Its almost tempting to do some crap and pin it on the Democrats and Liberals. Nothing serious but small things to make the moderates realize that their party has truly been hijacked by the nutcases.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:07:49 PM EDT

Quoted:
I would not enjoy it very much and would not find it "cute" you fuckstick. It would have taken all of my strength to wring this little pukes neck..........

Yes, that's ALL!

Fixed it for ya.  Subtle.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:43:37 PM EDT
Waaaaa! We're liberals, therefore the laws don't apply to us! Waaaa!

Sadly, this is probably too little, too late to correct their attitude.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:34:15 PM EDT
wow, that was the most thickheaded thing I have ever read since the statistics in penn and teller's "bullshit" about PETA
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:38:55 PM EDT

Quoted:

i really hate people sometimes.

Sometimes?

wimp.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:41:42 PM EDT
Sure, but doing the exact same thing with 1000 sheets each saying, "Abortion is Murder" is littering.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:44:14 PM EDT
I had a crappy day today and really needed a thread like this!  I feel much better now.

Justice was served.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:45:34 PM EDT
Can you say PWN3D!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:50:21 PM EDT
hasn't been pulled. you can find it here and give that shitbag hell!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:17:59 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

After reading that, yes, yes I am.  

Makes me feel better.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:18:50 PM EDT
when you got othe rants & raves section...do NOT...I repeat DO NOT click on the "sex with my boyfriend" link....holy
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:22:51 AM EDT

Quoted:
wow, that was the most thickheaded thing I have ever read since the statistics in penn and teller's "bullshit" about PETA

I thought P&T were right on the money there?

http://thatvideosite.com/view/709.html
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:08:27 AM EDT
As wonderful as this is, I'm betting it's not real.  I hope it is, but something tells me it's not.    

I'd be checking snopes for the next week or so.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:19:35 AM EDT
Had I seen that I would have given them a push.....

over the edge
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:22:16 AM EDT

Quoted:

Yeah, exactly...those people are a bunch of idiots, doesn't matter wtf their message is.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:32:27 AM EDT
Sounds like something you'd read from The Onion.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:41:13 AM EDT
Just as stupid as enviro-freaks that drive cars and live in houses. They are their own worst enemies and don't even realize it.
Top Top