Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 7:39:27 PM EDT
A featured blogger on Daily Kos, (a liberal blog that has significant influence among Democrats and their politicians) is upset at the mainstream media, because they're finally getting a little defensive against charges that their coverage of Iraq is so overwhelmingly negative, that they rarely if ever report anything positive that happens in Iraq. And the media has been chastened, because they know that is the truth.

So check out this Democrat blogger's post about this sudden taciturn character of the media and how they're lamely saying that this criticism of their coverage is a case of attacking the messenger.  She's hurling invective like this:  "Why aren't you doing your job?"  "Why are you getting defensive suddenly?"  "We had them on the run!  Bush's poll numbers are in the sewer!" "Blood! Blood! Blood! Death! Defeat! Hopelessness!  How come you're letting up?"

It's just so....so....the media's realizing its critics might have a point, and this partisan maniac is screaming at them for not keeping up the relentlessly pessemistic narrative, because it was so politically useful to her party.  It's just kind of amazing to witness.

www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/3/24/213049/105

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone who does not believe the media is left wing is too far gone to save anyway.  

no matter what happens 30% of the population will always vote dem, 30% will vote rep, and 40% will close there eyes and stab the ballot with the pencil.

none of the networks will/can make a difference and they know it.  that is why they just try to get you tune in with some "teaser" that gets your attention.  

headlines like BUSH LIED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!  gets sheeples attention, doesn't matter if it is true or not, it gets ratings.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
anyone who does not believe the media is left wing is too far gone to save anyway.  

no matter what happens 30% of the population will always vote dem, 30% will vote rep, and 40% will close there eyes and stab the ballot with the pencil.

none of the networks will/can make a difference and they know it.  that is why they just try to get you tune in with some "teaser" that gets your attention.  

headlines like BUSH LIED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!  gets sheeples attention, doesn't matter if it is true or not, it gets ratings.

I have a friend that honestly believes CNN is totally right wing.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
99% of what is on TV is bullshit.

Have you ever seen a reporter try to get even the most basic local story right?  They ALWAYS fuck up the details.

That's before the spin-bias machine gets turned on.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I have no trouble believing that.  Look at Judith Miller and the Valerie Plame case.  One minute she's a hero for going to jail to protect bad sources who lied to her in the Valerie Plame leak case (that in itself made no sense at all).  Then suddenly she's a villain for helping BushCo make the case for illegal war for Halliburton.  A complete 180 turnaround.

These people see reality in a different and often inconsistent way.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's no shit.  I lurk on DU every now and then and it amazes me the numbers of people that think the MSM is in Bush's pocket.  I'm thinking to myself, these people really are delusional.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Lesson one on how to work in the press:
Using quotes out of context:

For example:

Quoted:
..<snip>....................."these people really are delusional."

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
i've said it in several threads, but it bears repeating every chance i get:

the media is by far the biggest enemy we face in the GWOT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i've said it in several threads, but it bears repeating every chance i get:

the media is by far the biggest enemy we face in the GWOT

Do you ever sleep?

You are correct of course, at least in the present situation on the homefront.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Television programming rots your brain. The real entertainment *is* CNN and the major news outlets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top