Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2002 2:01:10 AM EDT
[url]http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/syrnewspapers/index.ssf?/sportsstories/20011230_skelly.html[/url]

I grew up, like more than a few of my friends, shooting a Crossman 760 that had many, if not all, of the characteristics of the Daisy models that are cited in this article. This is a load of [puke]

These guns have been on the market for over a decade-and-a-half, and [b]now[/b] the CPSC decides to take a smack at Daisy??? Pardon me, but shouldn't the CPSC be held accountable for neglecting to deal with this so-called [i]problem[/i] for so long[?]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Ah, but as Paul Harvey says, here's the REST of the story:
The head of the Consumer Protection Agency, can't remember her name, was a Klinton appointee. She was named to finish out the term of her predacessor (sp?) who resigned/quit/fired/whatever.

Now that a Republican is in office, this stupid @#$%^&* female dog says when she was appointed, it was NOT to finish the term but to a NEW 6 year term!!!!

The Klinton gall apparently rolled on down to the unelected, as well.

Anyway, she's clearly anti-gun, anti-Republican so why would she stay after the administration change? Because she's a !@#$%^&* female dog.

I wonder if she ever heard someone's mother exclaiming, "Be careful! You could put an eye out with that thing!"
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Bob,

The CPSC chairperson did the Daisy thing days before leaving office.  She's gone now.

You're thinking of the Civil Rights Commission.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top