Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 6:59:33 PM EDT
I went to www.jeep.com/

It was made before Mt. St. Hellens (sp?) but it is kind of funny.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Liberty, Proof that Cherokees and Wranglers shouldn't procreate!

You ever see what happens to Liberies at Jeep Jamborees? They are the vehicle most likely to be declared a piece of shit!!

Ahh! But alas the Soccer Moms love them though, all REAL Four wheelers go  to other models though!!

In my area the the Liberyt owners don't even get the "Jeep wave" from fellow jeep owners!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope CavVet doesnt see this
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

In my area the the Liberyt owners don't even get the "Jeep wave" from fellow jeep owners!

Eltist Snobs.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I dunno, me and some friends abused his Liberty, it got around okay....

It wasnt mine, nor his... he stole his Mom's as his 71 Cutlass Supreme was an obvious bad choice for the trails

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I miss the Jeep wave. I miss my Wrangler. I WILL get another one, hopefully an old skool CJ-7 soon.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You ever see what happens to Liberies at Jeep Jamborees?

I guess once if you get spelling down pat, we will consider what you have to say.

Also in your area I hear.....nahhhhh neva mind.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have drove one Jeep that was enough.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Renegade is the only Jeep other than that they are just cars............
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#10]
What's this?

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What's this?

I'll take "Broken Third Member" for $500, Alex!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#12]
It looks to me like the front differential in an IFS truck.

ETA:  Broken, of course.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What's this?

wazny.com/images2/Libby_05.jpg

broken
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What's this?

DOH!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What's this?

That, my friend, is quality breakage.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What's this?

Yessaahh!  

I'm putting a Pontiac 455 in my Jeep ... I gonna need some frame stiffening ...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#17]
As much as I dislike the "soccer mom" image of the Liberty, my next vehicle will probably be a Diesel Liberty 4WD.  I'd prefer the Cherokee with the diesel but it's not to be.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eltist Snobs.  

Jeep Wave:  Hitchiker thumb?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What's this?

Nothing that a little duct tape won't fix .....................
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Right down the middle, damn.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I my area no Jeep owner gets the 'Jeep Wave' - I guess too many yuppies bought them..

Damn I'm sorry to hear that Liberty's are a POS.  In a few years I'm sure I'll have to replace my Cherokee but I'm not crazy about the Grand Cherokees and the Wranglers are just too small.

I may have to look at a Land Rover then
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It looks to me like the front differential in an IFS truck.

ETA:  Broken, of course.

+1
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Renegade is the only Jeep other than that they are just cars............

Which Renagade?  Not the 92-94 abortions with the covered bumpers and bumperettes?

I'm actually likeing the TJ Xtreme.  I always had a thing for the Scramblers.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Damn I'm sorry to hear that Liberty's are a POS.  In a few years I'm sure I'll have to replace my Cherokee but I'm not crazy about the Grand Cherokees and the Wranglers are just too small.

And before you go buy an import, where did you hear Liberty's are a POS?

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
And before you go buy an import, where did you hear Liberty's are a POS?

Posted above - but he's not the first.

Don't worry when I need to buy I'll do my research first.  If the Liberty is a POS today I'm sure (hopefully so) that it will be improved by the time I need to replace my Cherokee.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I musta missed that. I only saw this.....

Quoted:

and this.....

Quoted:
my next vehicle will probably be a Diesel Liberty 4WD.

plus my +1...

Now where is the above proof they are a POS????

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I musta missed that. I only saw this.....

Quoted:

and this.....

Quoted:
my next vehicle will probably be a Diesel Liberty 4WD.

plus my +1...

I think it is just the fanatical purist element that feels any 4WD vehicle with an Independent Front Suspension is automatically a POS.  However, IIRC only the Wrangler retains the solid axle set-up.  Too small for me, I need a four door.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think it is just the fanatical purist element that feels any 4WD vehicle with an Independent Front Suspension is automatically a POS.  However, IIRC only the Wrangler retains the solid axle set-up.  Too small for me, I need a four door.

You mean the Boomer theory?

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I just picked up a '99 Cherokee Classic. High mileage, all highway and I don't think it was ever put into 4-wheel drive. The thing is cherry. I love it! I'm a GM guy but this JEEP has converted me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean the Boomer theory?

Hmmm, I hear Boomer has owned an IFS 4WD Suburban for over 10 years now. So much for your assumption theory

Additionally, I don't believe he's ever said the Liberty was a POS. In fact, he has said it would make a fine smaller sibling to the Dodge Durango. He has also said that in general independent suspensions are inferior in both strength and capability to leaf or coil sprung solid axles. An opinion of which he is FAR from being alone in holding.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#31]
The Lib is most definitely not a POS.

When I worked as a tech at a Jeep dealer, this was the frequency of models serviced, starting from most to least:

1. Grand Cherokee

2. Wrangler [usually top problems/leaks, electrical, and trans]

3. Cherokee

4. Liberty

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The Grand Chrokee still has the solid front axle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I don't think anybody had proof either way - just people giving their opinions.  The POS opinion I'm interested in.  Everytime the subject of the Liberty comes up I hear these POS comments - much more than when I see disucussions on the Cherokee or Wrangler.  So I've got to think were there is smoke - more often than not there is fire.

I sure hope this is one of those cases the smoke is all hype.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, I own Both a Wrangler Rubicon, and a Jeep Liberty Renegade...

I wheel the SHIT out of both of them and the Liberty is NOT a POS!!!

Infact, it is the only car that I feel I will own for a Long Long time. Easy to work on and zero troubles for two years now.   Good Machine.

The Rubicon is the same way and I have dropped that thing on th rocks so many times it would make a normal person sick.

Jeeps are DA Bomb!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Grand Chrokee still has the solid front axle.

I'm pretty sure that the 05 which is in production now has replaced it with an independent.  Makes sense since it's upmarket of the Liberty.  I've never liked the GC anyway, too expensive and not the best in quality.  I would have simply updated the Cherokee, go to the split lift gate with the spare on the gate like the Liberty has.  A diesel Chreokee with the spare mounted on the outside would be my ideal.   But they never asked me...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I have heard nothing bad about Jeep Liberties.  In fact, I have heard such glowing reports as to their capabilties and durability in various 3rd world shitholes (apparently marketed outside the US as the Jeep Cherokee Sport) that I regret not buying one last year when got my new car.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
A diesel Chreokee with the spare mounted on the outside would be my ideal.  .

Add 1" of drivers seat travel to the rear and I'm with ya!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Cool!  I have a 95 black Wrangler that I wouldn't trade for nothing.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm waiting on my '05 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. They don't start building that combination until 11/8/04.

The Wrangler manual transmission was changed from a 5 to a 6 speed for 2005. Same 6 speed as the Mercedes M class 6 speed, so no worries about it handling the torque.

Suppsoedly 2005 is the last year for the inline 6 engine in the Wrangler, and it will be the V6 in 2006, or possibly a v8 option, and possibly a Diesel option.

If I could wait until 2006 to get a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a Diesel, I'd wait, but I can't wait, and I don't have prrof that it will actually be an available combination.

But I'm certainly looking forward to the Unlimited Rubicon. Only alternative to it would have been a Land Rover Defender 90, if they were still available as new.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#40]
I drove a Liberty once (rental car) and it surprised me on how well it did off road. I still would take my 93' Wrangler over it for serious 4 wheeling though.

The only Jeeps that get the "Jeep Wave" from me are the ones that you can take the top and doors off of!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm waiting on my '05 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. They don't start building that combination until 11/8/04.

The Wrangler manual transmission was changed from a 5 to a 6 speed for 2005. Same 6 speed as the Mercedes M class 6 speed, so no worries about it handling the torque.

Suppsoedly 2005 is the last year for the inline 6 engine in the Wrangler, and it will be the V6 in 2006, or possibly a v8 option, and possibly a Diesel option.

If I could wait until 2006 to get a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a Diesel, I'd wait, but I can't wait, and I don't have prrof that it will actually be an available combination.

But I'm certainly looking forward to the Unlimited Rubicon. Only alternative to it would have been a Land Rover Defender 90, if they were still available as new.

They had an Unlimited Rubicon at the State Fair this year. Man, it was sweet.

If they do offer the diesel option with the Unlimited Rubicon, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That would fucking rule.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's this?

Nothing that a little duct tape won't fix ..................... hr

That'll buff out!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top