Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2002 7:57:42 AM EDT
[Chandler] OH....MY....GOD! [/Chandler]

http://www.savingamy.com/

First it was Karen, now this idiot.  I know this horse has been beaten into the ground but, is there any way we can thwart these moochers.  Why do people automatically turn to credit cards when they get canned from work?  I was always taught to keep your savings nice and fat (3 months salary) and turn to that just in case.  As far as school is concerned, its called financial aid.  There is money out there for any type of student.  Heck, at UT, there is a scholarship for those who have a C average or lower.  If you bring your grades up, you don't get it.  When it comes to working through school, Grad is much more conducive than undergraduate work.  At GA Tech they practically THROW financial aid money at you.  All you have to do is become a part-time instructor or a research assistant.  All you have to do is work hard.  I guess folks are allergic to that now. [pissed][pissed]

--20 y.o. Broke-ass college student working his ass off and succeeding
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top