Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 2:25:15 PM EDT

Marion Hammer
Former President
& Current Board Member
of the NRA

"We don't want government to know who has the guns. If the government knows who has guns and where to find them, they can ban them and then confiscate them."
--Miami Herald

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]

This is an extremist comment??  

Truth hurts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Extremist: yes

but Barry Goldwater once said this: "Moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue and Extremism in the persuit of liberty is no vice."
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Who said it was extremist? The Miami Herald?

Shove the whole fucking spoonful in your mouth! Typical thought process by the Herald ass-monkeys!

HS1
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Extremist, in that Barry Goldwater "defense of liberty" sort of way.

I agree with that statement. 100%.

ETA: WI_Rifleman beat me to it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have nothing to say about the original thread post. However, I just wanted to comment on how I admire HighStrung1's signature :)

GRH - God's Right Hand - "Hold No Quarter. Feel No Remorse."
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
They may call it extremsit, but I call it common sense.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#7]
No the Brady Camp calls it extremist and racist.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Contrast it with:

In 1975 testimony before the House Subcommittee on Crime, anti-gun advocate Charles Morgan, director of the Washington, D.C., office of the American Civil Liberties Union stated: "I have not one doubt, even if I am in agreement with the National Rifle Association, that that kind of record-keeping procedure is the first step to eventual confiscation under one administration or another."
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Statement of fact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top