Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2002 10:03:03 AM EDT
I talked to a DOJ rep yesterday about the status of a letter I sent them a few weeks ago.  The letter was addressing how the DOJ validate permits for Assault Weapons and Machineguns.  I will be getting the official written response in a few more weeks but he told me that unless you’re a ‘special’ person, the DOJ will reject your request of either permit even if you meet the requirements and FBI background check.  Special = prop master, security and other legitimate business that can justify the need for these weapons.  Troy was right about the Kali-bans position about issuing these permits.  I’ll post what they send me when I get it.
[:(]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
sulaco, have you received a copy of the permit request form?  This would be the form filled out requesting issuing of a permit.  I have yet to see an actual copy of this, even though the law states they are to be made available upon request.  Has anyone seen or have an image of this actual form?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't apply for the permit, you won't get one.  You will have to go to court to force the issue on it, though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Your right Dave,
If you want I could scan in the form and post it .  The requirements are a little unfair if you ask me.  The machinegun permit is the exact same thing as the AW permit, just says machinegun at the top.  

You know, if 80% of all voters in PPK decided to enact slavery again I don’t think the courts would let that happen.  If the Department of Justice won’t fallow there own rules, and the senators keep passing more and more BS then the only avenue left for us is the court system.  It’s not good enough if I qualify to buy those types of weapons I need to go to court just to force them to issue me a permit.  I should not have to go to court in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#4]
sad day ? try sad existence

this not getting permit news is nothing new, it has ALWAYS been that way.
you would have to be close personal friends with GOD to get any type of permit out of the DOJ.
its been this way for well over 30 years or more, its not like something that just happened over night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top