Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/20/2005 4:08:50 AM EDT
www.crossville-chronicle.com/Chronicle/News/pot.html

Thinks of all the tax money the State could have gotten if marijuana was legal and taxed. It's a damn waste of manpower to go after weed when meth labs are popping up all over Tennessee and Heroin is making such a big come back. Leave the weed alone and go after the real life destorying drugs, Meth, Cocain and Heroin.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:17:18 AM EDT
Meth is a result of crackheads finding out they can catch a longer buzz for the same money, also it requires less money and easier stuff to make.

Heroin I dont know much about, but alot of the Heroin crowd likes a few heavy painkillers just as good when they can get them. If its making a comeback, buy stock in that company that makes methadone
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:22:12 AM EDT
The WOD is a sham.

I need a drink....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:19:01 AM EDT

Thinks of all the tax money the State could have gotten if marijuana was legal and taxed. It's a damn waste of manpower to go after weed when meth labs are popping up all over Tennessee and Heroin is making such a big come back. Leave the weed alone and go after the real life destorying drugs, Meth, Cocain and Heroin.

A state would never be able to collect tax money from marijuana. That's probably one of the main reasons its not legalized. Unlike tobacco, you can grow mariuana on your own. The state would never see any money from it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:30:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Flakchak:

A state would never be able to collect tax money from marijuana. That's probably one of the main reasons its not legalized. Unlike tobacco, you can grow mariuana on your own. The state would never see any money from it.

That's not true. 99% of potheads don't want the hassle of growing their own.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:37:08 AM EDT

We grow tabacco in TN? What are you failing to say again?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:40:07 AM EDT

Uh... ok
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:41:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TNFrank:

An even bigger shame?

That people have to use drugs to have a good/fun time.

Blame the drug users, not the people who help.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:44:44 AM EDT
what's special about growing tobacco?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:47:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tyman:

An even bigger shame?

That people have to use drugs to have a good/fun time.

Blame the drug users, not the people who help.

Humans have recreationally used mind altering substances literally since the dawn of time.

Any problem you or I may have with it is really only our own morals. What our parents taught us, and what a bunch of people called "Legislature" say is wrong.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with drug use.

It's the crime committed to pay for the drugs...
It's the operating of a motor vehicle while under the influence of the drugs...
The inability to use them and be a functioning member of society that is the problem.

Remember, crime and criminality are SOCIAL constructs. There are only two sources of law... God and man. A plant, of it's own accord is neither legal or illegal, it simply "is".

Besides, it is obvious to the "reasonable man" that alcohol abuse is much more of a serious problem on our society today.

I would never use marijuana, but I'm all for legalizing it and taxing it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:48:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
what's special about growing tobacco?

He's from NY.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:50:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nationwide:

Humans have recreationally used mind altering substances literally since the dawn of time.

Any problem you or I may have with it is really only our own morals. What our parents taught us, and what a bunch of people called "Legislature" say is wrong.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with drug use.

It's the crime committed to pay for the drugs...
It's the operating of a motor vehicle while under the influence of the drugs...
The inability to use them and be a functioning member of society that is the problem.

Remember, crime and criminality are SOCIAL constructs. There are only two sources of law... God and man. A plant, of it's own accord is neither legal or illegal, it simply "is".

Besides, it is obvious to the "reasonable man" that alcohol abuse is much more of a serious problem on our society today.

I would never use marijuana, but I'm all for legalizing it and taxing it.

Big Fat Hairy +1

Many Tribes and Peoples around the World still use "drugs" as a part of their culture and religion. The problem comes when you refine those "drugs" so that they're no longer in their natural state. Many in Peru chew Cocca leaves(where cocain comes from) without any problems at all, it's like us drinking a cup of coffee(which itself is a drug") but when you refine those leaves into cocain then it's stronger and will mess with the body.
Since we've made most everything illegal people have lost the way to properly use things. This just isn't true of drugs but also of firearms. Most of the problems we see with firearms are in communities where they're outlawed so people don't grow up with then and learn to use them in a proper manner. Drugs are the same way. You never hear of people in Native Tribes around the world where drugs are used in religion or cerimony of ever having a "drug problem", it's in the "civilized" parts of the world where they're illegal that we've got the problems.
Only a very few people(Mexican imigrants and Jazz muscians) really smoked pot back in the 20's, it was only after it was made an illegal substance that the problems began. People always want to try something that they can't have. It happened to alcohol with proibition, more people drank during proibition the before or after and it's happining with marijuana too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:12:27 AM EDT
I don't want society telling my children drugs are ok. I'll never vote to legalize.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:28:11 AM EDT
I can't believe those cops are posing with the weed. I would be watching my back if I were them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:36:28 AM EDT

Tennessee already taxes mj. See http://www.tennessean.com/government/archives/04/12/63433882.shtml?Element_ID=63433882

Damn shame those tax evaders weren't rounded up and shot, like they should be able to avoid paying taxes while honest folk don't.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:41:14 AM EDT
Potheads are nothing more than shitheads that are asking for the legalization of Cannabis to avoid the criminal code, if anyone believes that legalization will cure all ills of this then you need to look deeper between the lines.

The dealers have very little respect for anything other than money; absolutely no way they could ever control or track sales of it even if it were legal.

My solution is to authorize law enforcement to execute dealers on the spot if apprehended with drugs in possession and you would witness a drastic decline.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:46:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:24:33 AM EDT
Well Hell, since Tabacco kills more people each year the pot let's make it illegal too. Then we'll see how some of ya' all act when you're illegal tabacco fields get raided by the DEA. Some of ya'll just don't get it and never will. It's not so much about drugs as it is Freedom.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:29:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:07:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cmjohnson:
I say poison the drug supplies, or introduce chemicals into drug precursors that will interact in a
harmful manner in the human body when they are mixed to make the desired drugs.

For example, your antihistamine that's part of the crystal meth formula gets an additive that is by itself harmless, and all non-protected supplies of ether are given an additive that is also harmless by itself,
but when the two are combined in the making of crystal meth, a deadly or at least radically unpleasant chemical is produced that will give the meth user the worst trip imaginable.

I'd be all for that. Tannerite-type binary chemistry at work.
CJ

Read these two books:

Secrets of Methamphetamine Manufacture

Crank-Making 101

Advanced Techniques of Clandestine Psychedelic and Amphetamine Manufacture

Crank-Making 102

There are countless ways to make Methamphetamine. If pseudophed is outlawed tomorrow, or some additive introduced to make meth production impossible from OTC drugs, then it will be illegally imported in multi-ton quantities like cocaine. Or they will just use other ingredients that do not use pseudophed as a precursor.

As long as there is a demand for it, there are people willing to risk their lives to provide it at the right price.

I wanted to be a DEA chemist but took a sharp left at Med School.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:35:28 AM EDT
Ok Nationwide and Shoot-N-Scoot, very funny, har har har...

When you guys learn how to grow tobacco in your basement, you come back and talk to me. You're right though, I did fail to mention that in my post. Should have been more specific for the short bus people
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:39:21 AM EDT
I'd rather deal with a town full of pot heads than a small gang of meth users. Pot heads don't go on killing sprees, and kill to support their pot habit. Most hard core pot heads are just lazy bums.

Legalize pot, tax it with the portion of the tax being used to rehab the pot users. The street price will dive and likely, harder drug use will decline. Taxes raised will help the people who decided to use it and want to rehab and the rest of society won't have to foot the bill.

Anyone ever see an enraged person on pot?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:44:45 AM EDT

Well Hell, since Tabacco kills more people each year the pot let's make it illegal too. Then we'll see how some of ya' all act when you're illegal tabacco fields get raided by the DEA. Some of ya'll just don't get it and never will. It's not so much about drugs as it is Freedom.

Freedom??? Here is some facts about your freedom.

The changing faces of drug smugglers

The smugglers that we see on the evening news and in newspapers are usually adults in their 30s or 40s. But times are changing. Young children are increasingly being used as mules because they are perceived to be less likely to be targeted by customs officials.

Children as young as 3-weeks-old are being victimized by smugglers, who are renting the infants from their parents in exchange for money and marijuana. Cans of baby formula carried in diaper bags are filled with cocaine. The cocaine is then cooked down and the water evaporated.

On April 18, 2002, a 5-year-old girl traveling alone arrived at John F. Kennedy International Airport to visit her grandmother. She had two hard-sided suitcases with her. The suitcases contained toys, dresses, sandals, and approximately one kilogram of heroin. A Customs inspector conducting a routine examination thought that one side of the girl's suitcase was unusually thick. The inspector probed the siding of the suitcase and found the heroin.

Unfortunately, this little girl is no stranger to the drug culture. She was born in an American jail while her mother was serving time for heroin smuggling. Her father is currently serving time in a Minnesota prison on drug charges. She's not the only victim in the family either, authorities said that the mother was planning to send her 8-year-old son to New York with another shipment.

A Colombian cartel tempted students from Memorial High School in West New York with offers of $20,000 for a successful smuggling trip. The cartel paid the students to carry heroin on cruise ships in the Caribbean, through Mexico and Central America. Others boarded flights in Colombia - destination Texas, Florida, and New Jersey.

One cell of the cartel, based in West New York, tutored students in the fine art of drug swallowing. In the Caribbean, the traffickers packed condoms or balloons with heroin. The teens swallowed the heroin-filled condoms and boarded commercial airline flights and cruise ships to the U.S.

A second cell, based in Queens, packed clothing soaked in liquid heroin into suitcases that were carried by the students onto jetliners.

In Fort Lauderdale, Fla., a New York City woman strapped several pounds of heroin around her 9-year-old son in an effort to smuggle drugs into the United States. Mother and son had just returned from a 10-day west Caribbean cruise when inspectors stopped her.

They had been notified that she was linked to an investigation of a New York drug scheme and were looking for her. She is being charged under a Title 21, Section 981 violation - a first for the Southern District of Florida - utilization of a minor in a drug operation. This carries a mandatory 10-year minimum sentence.

Cartels are recruiting teenagers on the west coast as well. On May 8, 2002, the Pacific Area Integrated Border Enforcement Team (IBET) arrested five U.S. citizens, including two Blaine High School students, involved in a U.S.-Canada smuggling operation. "This is happening all the time, just last week, we caught two 17-year-olds with 52 pounds of BC bud in hockey bags," said Peter Ostrovsky, U.S. Customs Blaine Group Supervisor. "The kids think it's easy money."

A 12-year-old Nigerian boy was detained in New York after one of the heroin filled condoms in his stomach began leaking. Customs agents picked up a 16-year-old girl in Texas driving a pick-up loaded with $32 million worth of cocaine. A 13-year-old girl was apprehended in Manchester, England, with a suitcase containing 13 kg of heroin. Customs has also detained a 9-year-old and an 11-year-old for attempting to smuggle narcotics.

So go ahead and cry all you want, but anyone that uses children like this should be shot in the back of the head and burried in a shallow grave.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:51:49 AM EDT
If pot becomes legal, i'm buying stock in Frito-Lay
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:54:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PBIR:
I don't want society telling my children drugs are ok. I'll never vote to legalize.

You should tell your children what is ok and not. Not let society tell them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:54:44 AM EDT

So you support the banning of alcohol, or you just like looking like a complete idiot online?
I'm not sure which.......
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:59:32 AM EDT

Bwah ha ha ha.....You think you can't grow your own tobacco. You can grow tobacco just about anywhere thats not arid. You may need a green house or hotbox and a lot of soil suppliments. I have read some articles about people growing there own in England.

You would have to find out which species works best in your area, and it may not be the same as you normally smoke. You may need to grow different kinds to get the right blend.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:00:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:

Freedom??? Here is some facts about your freedom.

The changing faces of drug smugglers

The smugglers that we see on the evening news and in newspapers are usually adults in their 30s or 40s. But times are changing. Young children are increasingly being used as mules because they are perceived to be less likely to be targeted by customs officials.

Children as young as 3-weeks-old are being victimized by smugglers, who are renting the infants from their parents in exchange for money and marijuana. Cans of baby formula carried in diaper bags are filled with cocaine. The cocaine is then cooked down and the water evaporated.

On April 18, 2002, a 5-year-old girl traveling alone arrived at John F. Kennedy International Airport to visit her grandmother. She had two hard-sided suitcases with her. The suitcases contained toys, dresses, sandals, and approximately one kilogram of heroin. A Customs inspector conducting a routine examination thought that one side of the girl's suitcase was unusually thick. The inspector probed the siding of the suitcase and found the heroin.

Unfortunately, this little girl is no stranger to the drug culture. She was born in an American jail while her mother was serving time for heroin smuggling. Her father is currently serving time in a Minnesota prison on drug charges. She's not the only victim in the family either, authorities said that the mother was planning to send her 8-year-old son to New York with another shipment.

A Colombian cartel tempted students from Memorial High School in West New York with offers of $20,000 for a successful smuggling trip. The cartel paid the students to carry heroin on cruise ships in the Caribbean, through Mexico and Central America. Others boarded flights in Colombia - destination Texas, Florida, and New Jersey.

One cell of the cartel, based in West New York, tutored students in the fine art of drug swallowing. In the Caribbean, the traffickers packed condoms or balloons with heroin. The teens swallowed the heroin-filled condoms and boarded commercial airline flights and cruise ships to the U.S.

A second cell, based in Queens, packed clothing soaked in liquid heroin into suitcases that were carried by the students onto jetliners.

In Fort Lauderdale, Fla., a New York City woman strapped several pounds of heroin around her 9-year-old son in an effort to smuggle drugs into the United States. Mother and son had just returned from a 10-day west Caribbean cruise when inspectors stopped her.

They had been notified that she was linked to an investigation of a New York drug scheme and were looking for her. She is being charged under a Title 21, Section 981 violation - a first for the Southern District of Florida - utilization of a minor in a drug operation. This carries a mandatory 10-year minimum sentence.

Cartels are recruiting teenagers on the west coast as well. On May 8, 2002, the Pacific Area Integrated Border Enforcement Team (IBET) arrested five U.S. citizens, including two Blaine High School students, involved in a U.S.-Canada smuggling operation. "This is happening all the time, just last week, we caught two 17-year-olds with 52 pounds of BC bud in hockey bags," said Peter Ostrovsky, U.S. Customs Blaine Group Supervisor. "The kids think it's easy money."

A 12-year-old Nigerian boy was detained in New York after one of the heroin filled condoms in his stomach began leaking. Customs agents picked up a 16-year-old girl in Texas driving a pick-up loaded with $32 million worth of cocaine. A 13-year-old girl was apprehended in Manchester, England, with a suitcase containing 13 kg of heroin. Customs has also detained a 9-year-old and an 11-year-old for attempting to smuggle narcotics.

So go ahead and cry all you want, but anyone that uses children like this should be shot in the back of the head and burried in a shallow grave.

Thank you for proving my point. If it were legal they're be no need to smuggle, right. When ANYTHING is banned/illegal people will find a way around the law because of supply and demand. You don't see people sneekin' booze across the border anymore because it's Legal, when it was prohibited people smuggled it across borders, killed for it and generally caused trouble, the proibition went away and all of a sudden, no more smuggling or killing over booze. Same thing would happen with Pot. Legalize it, tax it, sell grow permits and put the money raised to good use instead of arresting other wise law biding people and spending tax dollars on em' in jail.
Firearms crimes didn't go away with gun bans, drugs crime won't either. Legalize it and teach people responsible use.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:01:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2005 8:02:58 AM EDT by Daytona955i]
Okay. I say this in almost ever marijuana thread.

Please, take whatever argument/counter-argument you have for or against pot. Insert "alcohol" or "cigarettes" into it and see if it still holds true.

You don't think pot could be taxed? Sell it in stores to people over 21 years of age. If its legal to consume and purchase, why would people try to buy it from dealers to avoid taxes if the prices weren't terrible?

You think people could just grow it at home? Well you can make alcohol at home, lots of members here do it. You just have to set limits and regulations.

I think the war on drugs is ridiculous when it comes to marijuana. The only people pot hurts are the dealers that get killed over turf. Add weed to the DWAI deal and say that it can only be used in private places. Then who is it hurting? NO ONE. It's stupid to send people to jail over.

Heroin, meth, coke, different story. They eat away your insides and poke holes in your brain.

The way I see it is that marijuana should go through all the same hoops that cig's and liquor have to go through.

Alcohol is much more destructive and a lot of people here defend it to the death because it was legal to drink before you were around.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:03:13 AM EDT

ok.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:11:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Daytona955i:

Alcohol is much more destructive and a lot of people here defend it to the death because it was legal to drink before you were around.

Yep, people don't miss a freedom that they've never had. If ciggeretts were outlawed you'd have wholesale killings and massive smuggling of tabacco products into this country and record rates. Nicotine is simply that addictive. Even the government has fessed up and said that Nicotine is more addictive then Herion and tabacco is still legal, go figure. I don't know any marijuana smokers that smoke 20+ joints a day but it's common among people that smoke ciggeretts.
More people are killed in Drunk Driving accidents then are killed by people smoking pot by any means, driving or other wise. Alcohol and Tabacco have destroy more lives each year then pot ever will, yet they're legal and pot isn't. Could it be because Alcohol and tabacco are "socially acceptable" and there are many large companies making Millions of dollars off of them so they defend their "Right" to sell these products? Anyone that smokes and drinks and doesn't think that marijuana should be legal too is a hypocrite, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:52:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

So you support the banning of alcohol, or you just like looking like a complete idiot online?
I'm not sure which.......

Actually from where I'm sitting you are the one that looks like an idiot. It's a shame you had to drop out of the third grade when you obviously had such a bright future.

Pot and alcohol have very little to do with each other. Pot and tobacco would be a closer comparison. At any rate, lets try and follow your logic:

I am concerned about product A and my kids. Product A is legal. I put a lot of effort into countering the advertising effort the companies that sell Product A spend millions on. I am also concerned about Product B, which is illegal. Why in the hell should I want Product B to be made legal so I would have to expell even more effort to counter the marketing of it? Unless you can prove to me a valid reason for doing so, you have no arguement.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:43:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By akethan:
I can't believe those cops are posing with the weed. I would be watching my back if I were them.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:57:23 PM EDT

I would love it if Tobacco were banned.

Then, members of my family wont have died from lung cancer from smoking.

And yes, it was/is their choice. But if the drug isnt available, you cant use it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:10:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2005 9:14:12 PM EDT by FortyFiveAutomatic]

Originally Posted By thatsmyjob:

You should tell your children what is ok and not. Not let society tell them.

Actually from where I'm sitting you are the one that looks like an idiot. It's a shame you had to drop out of the third grade when you obviously had such a bright future.

Pot and alcohol have very little to do with each other. Pot and tobacco would be a closer comparison. At any rate, lets try and follow your logic:

I am concerned about product A and my kids. Product A is legal. I put a lot of effort into countering the advertising effort the companies that sell Product A spend millions on. I am also concerned about Product B, which is illegal. Why in the hell should I want Product B to be made legal so I would have to expell even more effort to counter the marketing of it? Unless you can prove to me a valid reason for doing so, you have no arguement.

Society not only endorses harmful products, but also destructive behavior and homosexuality, too. You don't have to go through any more effort to tell your children that pot is harmful than you would by telling them that alcohol, tobacco, and fucking members of the same sex can all be potentially harmful. It's just another item to put on their list of things to watch out for. You make it sound like you have parenting curricula and damn it to hell if some other problem in society comes up that you have to append to it and "expell so much more effort" to be a good parent. Get a fucking clue.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:15:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2005 9:16:49 PM EDT by FortyFiveAutomatic]

And yes, it was/is their choice. But if the drug isnt available, you cant use it.

My condolences to your family, but I think your statement is largely erroneous. Hence the giant drug problem. As all of us here know, banning something doesn't make it disappear. That's the fallacy that Feinswine, Brady, & Co. are all under.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:30:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:

If someone destroyed $100 million of your product, I'm pretty sure you'd want that person dead. Meaning whoever grew that weed probably wants those cops dead.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:34:49 PM EDT
The war on drugs is nothing more than prohibition with a different name.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:39:17 PM EDT
The potheads keep trying to legalize it here with ballot propositions. The assholes can't seem to take no for an answer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:45:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By walrus:

Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:

If someone destroyed $100 million of your product, I'm pretty sure you'd want that person dead. Meaning whoever grew that weed probably wants those cops dead.

OK I understand now. I'm very sure. Should have use the black (secret) bars in the photos. I would not be comfortable having those photos floating around un-barred like that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:48:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FortyFiveAutomatic:

My condolences to your family, but I think your statement is largely erroneous. Hence the giant drug problem. As all of us here know, banning something doesn't make it disappear. That's the fallacy that Feinswine, Brady, & Co. are all under.

No, but it makes it harder to get.

As you can see with Class 3 weapons, not all of the population has them. Only a select few with money and whatnot.
And if they banned them completely, no one would have them.

And thats just one example that pertains to us.

I'm not one of those people that thinks, "omg, ban it and it wont be used". However, law-abiding folks arent going to be using illegal substances.

Take away one of the mediums, you take away an avenue of approach.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:09:46 PM EDT

As you can see with Class 3 weapons, not all of the population has them. Only a select few with money and whatnot.

I'm not one of those people that thinks, "omg, ban it and it wont be used". However, law-abiding folks arent going to be using illegal substances.

Then how do criminals still acquire them?

I see your point, a ban does make getting something more difficult, but it also creates black markets and people willing to commit crime to trade in those markets. In the case of people addicted to drugs, you're not going to decrease the demand -- you're just going to require them to break more laws so that they can get their fix.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:33:19 PM EDT
Look up all the possible uses for hemp someday. You can use Hemp to make more paper per acre than with trees. Tons of other possible profitable, evironmentaly saving uses for it, not just illegal activities.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:38:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nationwide:

Uh... ok

+1
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:40:09 PM EDT

nother +1. Our dtf guys have taken shit for trashing reporters cameras after they snuck out and took pics of them in fields or crack/meth houses.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:41:01 PM EDT

I see your point, a ban does make getting something more difficult, but it also creates black markets and people willing to commit crime to trade in those markets. In the case of people addicted to drugs, you're not going to decrease the demand -- you're just going to require them to break more laws so that they can get their fix.

But it would still decrease the amount of them out there.

How many "automatic weapons" that were obtained legally are used in crimes? I can think of only a handful of incidents.

Yes, you're never going to completely "ban anything". But banning things gets them off the street and makes it a lot harder to obtain.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:42:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AZ-Dave:
If pot becomes legal, i'm buying stock in Frito-Lay

another +1. I'm on a roll.....
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:53:46 PM EDT
This is sad. Some of you need to think for yourselves. It's obvious that not a lot is going on. No one can ever EVER justify any drug being illegal as long as alcohol is legal. Alcohol kills 6 times more people than all other drugs combined. And it's legal. Do I think that means all other drugs should be legalized? no I don't. But if your going to get riled up over other drugs, then you have to get riled up about alcohol too. Falling back on the law in this debate is a cop out, and requires no thought at all. The only thing legalizing it will do is create more tax money that can be spent on hookers and blow for politicians and maybe, just maybe some money for our fire depts and police depts. And if some people sell, use illegal marijuana, then there is some more fine money, it'll still be less people hurt over it, and less people in prison over it if it's legal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:34:40 PM EDT
Legalization will only turn druglord millionares into...........BILLIONARES.

If you really want an effective war on drugs you only have to do 2 things:
1) Lace a few tons of coke & heroin with ipecac....they'll think twice before trying it again after they spend the night throwing up their toenails.
2)First time users get to find out what Singapore Bamboo can do.

Lungs do NOT like ANY type of burning vegetation << re-read that. Jeezus, even small forest animals have figured that one out.

Heavy pot smokers have the same disgusting phlegm-ball cough as do cigarette smokers.
Today's pot is not the same as the wimpy stuff your parents used during the Woodstock era, today's THC content can be up to 3x-4x higher.
Legalize it and industry will add in the same carcinogens (formaldehydes/ flavorings/enhancers) that they do now for tobacco...and voila, you're back to square one with a generation fighting lung cancer again, only now they're too stupid and stoned to give a shit about it.

The majority of laws are to help protect stupid people from themselves, drug laws fall squarely into this category.

As for kids, no sense in screwin' the up anymore than we already are. "Legal" = more accessable.
Think for one minute....these kids are going to be the same ones making laws when you're old and feeble and crapping in your pants. Do you want a bunch of burned out stoner dope addicts deciding on what to do with your Social Security and Medicare? Or maybe the NORAD operation specialist "ooohing & ahhing" over all the cool lights flashing on the control panel when China finally launches?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:37:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
This is sad. Some of you need to think for yourselves. It's obvious that not a lot is going on. No one can ever EVER justify any drug being illegal as long as alcohol is legal. Alcohol kills 6 times more people than all other drugs combined. And it's legal. Do I think that means all other drugs should be legalized? no I don't. But if your going to get riled up over other drugs, then you have to get riled up about alcohol too. Falling back on the law in this debate is a cop out, and requires no thought at all. The only thing legalizing it will do is create more tax money that can be spent on hookers and blow for politicians and maybe, just maybe some money for our fire depts and police depts. And if some people sell, use illegal marijuana, then there is some more fine money, it'll still be less people hurt over it, and less people in prison over it if it's legal.

"Tobacco"?

And the only "reason" alcohol has killed more people than the other drugs is from "driving" and other activities like that.
That doesnt mean it shouldnt be legal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:20:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 1:29:38 AM EDT by FortyFiveAutomatic]

But it would still decrease the amount of them out there.

How many "automatic weapons" that were obtained legally are used in crimes? I can think of only a handful of incidents.

Yes, you're never going to completely "ban anything". But banning things gets them off the street and makes it a lot harder to obtain.

I would agree with you, but there's a problem -- you can't grow automatic weapons. Not only that, but just because auto weapons are not utilized in the commission of a crime doesn't mean that they are not transferred illegally within our country. Moreover, semi auto weapons can (and have been), with some effort, be retrofitted to fire automatically, further illustrating the weaknesses of an outright ban.

And the only "reason" alcohol has killed more people than the other drugs is from "driving" and other activities like that.
That doesnt mean it shouldnt be legal.

So let me understand this: all the deaths that alcohol directly/indirectly leads don't mean that it should be illegalized, but you feel just fine banning tobacco b/c it indirectly claimed the lives of your loved ones?

I think you need to rethink your position here. You have what appears to be a very obvious double standard and are using your emotions and personal experiences rather than facts and reason to dictate what you think should be legal and illegal. No disrespect, friend, but that sounds very liberal and I have to disagree with your logic.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top