Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/14/2007 2:55:07 PM EDT
I was just watching the scene from 300 where Leonidas puts the Persian emissary in his place, delivering the line, "This is Sparta!"

I think what we need in this country is a leader who will stand up to our enemies, or those who would erode and weaken our republic, and say,

"This is AMERICA!!!"

No appeasement.

TR style diplomacy.

Reaganesque commitment to principle.

To be the best friends or worst enemies to other nations, in response to their actions toward us.

Pax Americana.

It is our Constitution and traditions that have set us apart from other nations. Not just geography or the color of our flag. With that historic document setting us apart, there is no moral equivalence with other countries. Everybody gets one vote at the United Nations, but that does not mean that we are no better than Zimbabwe or Russia. They aren't our equals.

The President of the United States is not just the leader of this country, but is also the leader of the free world, if he so chooses to be. Reagan was a leader. Clinton wanted to be liked.

How rational is this rant? I'm not losing sleep over that question.

I've just been so frustrated at the direction of our country. Millions of criminal aliens within our borders. Unwillingness to root out Islamic extremism here because we might offend those who desire to slaughter us. The trivialization of our traditions. Pressing "1" for English. Not being able to communicate with the guy nailing shingles on my roof. This freak show referred to as "presidential primaries (are those people the best we have???). The price of ammo going up. Uncritical sheep believing this ethanol scam is going to be our salvation. Our president genuflecting to the president of our corrupt neighbor to the south. The unwillingness to secure our borders after 9/11. The list goes on.

I fear that one day I will tell my grandchildren stories of America's greatness and they will think it all a fairy tale...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:57:54 PM EDT
+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:05:47 PM EDT
+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:07:17 PM EDT
What they said
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:10:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Brohawk:
I was just watching the scene from 300 where Leonidas puts the Persian emissary in his place, delivering the line, "This is Sparta!"

I think what we need in this country is a leader who will stand up to our enemies, or those who would erode and weaken our republic, and say,

"This is AMERICA!!!"

Unwillingness to root out Islamic extremism here because we might offend those who desire to slaughter us. ...

do not worry about the muslims... by the time all of south and central america and mexico gets here.. there wont be any place for the muslims... a few million muslims dunnot stand a chance against several hundred million la raza.....

im sorry but there just isnt enough room in amerika for all of your nightmares...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:15:51 PM EDT
I agree...however, "This is AMERICA!" doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well as "This is SPARTA!" does.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:54:09 PM EDT

I fear that one day I will tell my grandchildren stories of America's greatness and they will think it all a fairy tale...

America's greatest days are already behind her.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:56:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:07:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:

America's greatest days are already behind her.

It doesn't have to be this way. That ink isn't yet dry. It is up to our generation to correct this course.
Top Top