Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/23/2014 12:44:52 PM EDT
Damn...forecast for next week is back to 0 for the lows.    It's almost March, for cryin' out loud.

I'm fucking tired of this shit.  My furnace runs like a Ferrari on the Autobahn with a fuel tanker behind it.  The checks to the power company could pay the monthly note on that Ferrari.  My truck feels like it's going to explode every time I start it in the morning.  I can barely keep the driveway open at the street; only to have the village idiots plow it back in.  My mail lady is bitching because she can't get to the mailbox through the plow drift.  I've forgotten what titties in tube tops look like - all I see are babushka-mommas.

Al Gore, you won the Nobel Prize for Global Warming.  Now deliver & bring it to me!
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone, somewhere believes that this wacky winter is caused by global warming.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
When you run into a Global Warm-Monger, ask her to imagine how cold it would be WITHOUT global warming.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I know what you mean.  We went to the beach yesterday and had to leave early because it was only 70 degrees.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone, somewhere believes that this wacky winter is caused by global warming.
View Quote

I don't know if thats true or is it just that the weak minded accept everything they're told w/o question
and they actually have no beliefs, other than what their collective mind tells them. (?)
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#5]
you must've missed the memo
it's climate change

CLIMATE CHANGE ya hear??

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#6]
8/10..

Good rant, use Internet for boobies, or come to LA.. It's 78 today.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#8]
It's called winter and it happens differently every year.  There are three other seasons and they tend to be somewhat different each year too.  The weather while I was in Hawaii for four years was different as was the weather in Japan during six years, Sicily for a year and Iceland six months.  My hometown was in Kansas and that weather changed every fifteen minutes...

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/02/22/4843012/al-gore-brings-climate-change.html

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not global warming, it's climate change and it's already occuring.
Hence the extra effed up winter everywhere.

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would love to see some real scientific proof of what you just posted.  Got any?
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

This may be the dumbest thing I've read today.  Nope, hold on.......Definitely the dumbest thing I've read.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a great winter.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would love to see some real scientific proof of what you just posted.  Got any?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't need proof. They have faith. If you don't share their faith, they will cut off your head.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#15]
70 here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Tell me about it. Im in the process of moving. I have a 3 day period to transfer the crap out of my house and into the new one. That also means my entire big ass driveway needs to be absolutely clear for our moving pod to get transfered. Right now theres almost 3-4 feet of snow on the sides of our driveway and I still need to clear out the end of it so they can back the moving trucks up. Fuck winter.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's that whole 13er thing isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#18]
This has been the warmest winter in my memory, along with very little snow.  Ya'alls and youse guys stole our snow.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They don't need proof. They have faith. If you don't share their faith, they will cut off your head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda like the Spanish Inquisition.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's called winter and it happens differently every year.  There are three other seasons and they tend to be somewhat different each year too.  The weather while I was in Hawaii for four years was different as was the weather in Japan during six years, Sicily for a year and Iceland six months.  My hometown was in Kansas and that weather changed every fifteen minutes...

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/02/22/4843012/al-gore-brings-climate-change.html

View Quote

Even for us hearty Northern Plainers this winter has been different. Most snowfall in recorded history and right now at #3 for coldest, although that could change and we could end up at #2 with what is still coming. So don't go telling me this was just a bad winter. This was about the worst winter in hundreds of years, and it still will not let up its grip.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
you must've missed the memoit's climate change
CLIMATE CHANGE ya hear??

View Quote

That's right.  When global warming fell flat on its face they changed the mantra to climate change.  Now anything that happens, hot or cold, they've got covered.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
you must've missed the memoit's climate change
CLIMATE CHANGE ya hear??

View Quote

Well, the climate certainly seems like it's changed, hasn't it
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Global warming only hit West of the Rockies.   Our snow pack is so low this year some farmers are going to be on rationed water I think.  Only those with old water rights will grow much of anything.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't think this was as bad as 1977-1978. I walked from Ohio to Kentucky in Cincinnati with out a bridge.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, another one outed themselves!

It's called winter, and there have been harsh ones and mild ones for as long as humans have lived here. This one is no worse than many others.

And lets not forget about the times that the entire planet was ice-free (even at the poles), and the times that much of North America was covered in glaciers, including the spot where I am now typing this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#26]
It has, we are above zero today..
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This has been the warmest winter in my memory, along with very little snow.  Ya'alls and youse guys stole our snow.
View Quote

Don't blame us, blame Arctic Oscillation. It causes changes in the jet stream pattern every year, and this year just happened to get stuck for a long period of time. The idea that weather and climate are EVER stable on this planet is even more ridiculous than the idea that trace amounts of CO2 have altered the climate. And yet the libtards will use every cold spell, warm spell, tornado, hurricane, etc as evidence that their warming theory is true.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#28]
looked at forecast into late next week...lows pushing -20 again....fuck me sideways
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, the west has been fairly warm and dry this winter.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Come on man get with the program.  It's climate change now.  

Was global cooling, then warming, now climate change.  What will it be next?
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah I know what you mean.  We went to the beach yesterday and had to leave early because it was only 70 degrees.
View Quote

My goodness the weather has been spectacular lately. I have been working outside for the past coupla days...........it has been, literally........HEAVEN !
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I can personally assure everyone in the northern hemisphere that global warming will reappear this summer.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I love pointing out data from the last 10,000 years on climate fluctuations.  Blows their fucking minds that there were warming and cooling periods before man ever had any industrial complexes and the current trend is towards a cooling period.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im sure some can be manufactured.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#37]
It will start warming very soon you'll see.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Well here it is the warmest winter as far back as I can remember.
go figure....
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Don't averages have to include extremes as well. Some winters are worse than others. Some summers are hotter or cooler than others. Climate change happens whether humans are here or not. Oh yea, I heat with coal so bring it on winter.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I wish we had some of that cooling stuff.
Just a few days of "cold" weather this lame ass winter season.
Hell, at this rate, it will be over 100 in a couple of weeks and top out over 120 this year.

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Don't averages have to include extremes as well. Some winters are worse than others. Some summers are hotter or cooler than others. Climate change happens whether humans are here or not. Oh yea, I heat with coal so bring it on winter.
View Quote

I don't know why what you said is so hard for some to understand.  Climate has patterns, it fluctuates, it has trends, and it has since the formation of our earth.

Coal is far cleaner than the nickle production process used to make the batteries for electric cars that the eco nuts love so much.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#42]
It's Obama spin called climate change,,,,,,    meaning ice age........
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Amen, OP!  I am sick of this snow and cold weather.  In all fairness, I don't think it's been this bad in 30+ years.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#44]
If the obama said it must be true. Or youre a racist.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#45]
check the global temperature maps over at NOAA.  that tells a very different story from what we have been getting.  here in North America we got a mega kick in the nuts in the temp and snowfall charts. very few other regions on the globe were affected as badly as we were,  the majority of the planet was either above or much above average temps.  anyway, with or without global warming winter sucks, and al gore and david suzuki can 69 each other.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#46]
One cold winter is not significant regarding climate change. Much like how a recent trend in slightly increasing temperatures is not significant in the very long cycles of climate change.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Global warming actually results in more extreme weather. So when it is cold it will be really cold, and when it is warm it will be really war.
If the polar ice melts sweet water will change the oceans so that the northern parts will have a new ice age, and the places at the equator will be getting hotter and hotter.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Global warming actually results in more extreme weather. So when it is cold it will be really cold, and when it is warm it will be really war.
If the polar ice melts sweet water will change the oceans so that the northern parts will have a new ice age, and the places at the equator will be getting hotter and hotter.
View Quote

I would love to see some real scientific proof of what you just posted. Got any?

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I had a great winter.  
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
This may be the dumbest thing I've read today.  Nope, hold on.......Definitely the dumbest thing I've read.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I second this. I read about a guy who screws cows and his siblings, and you still take the cake.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top