Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2004 10:46:06 PM EDT
More blog excerpts from my ex-co-op roomie, an early twenty-something UT undergrad coed.

What makes it funny is I know her, and she is definately hittable, as you all put it. Smart too.

Oct 29, 2004
I have been in a bizarrely good mood as of late. I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to have any kind of optimistic outlook. I can't pay my tuition, all the semi-attractive men I know are Players to the Nth degree, I don't have a firm idea of exactly what I'll be doing come graduation time and when you get right down to it, I don't know if I'll be graduating at all. My future is muddy and confusing, my circle of friends keeps getting smaller, my grades are pathetic, my academic life is going down the tubes, I believe I lost whatever job I had left at the movie theater, I haven't had a real boyfriend in three years, I never seem to make enough money, and I missed an opportunity to work at the fair today because I couldn't get the right number from my boss.

And in spite of all this, I've felt really, really good about life in general. I've been cracking jokes in class, talking with actors I've never cared to before, sharing secret smiles in seminar with the boy who looks like he just walked out of a Diego Rivera mural. In short, I'm feeling like Camus and Hemingway probably did in the cafés of occupied Paris, like one of those musicians on the Titanic as it sank.

Their world was going to hell around them, but the music went on.

Oct 26, 2004
GOD DAMNIT I CAN'T SOLVE YOUR 30 YEAR CRISES.

I am SO SICK of guys telling me I'm beautiful and asking for my number out one side of their mouths and then telling me they're "emotionally unavailable" and "kinda weirded out they're 10 years older" than me from the other. Then hooking up with someone else all the while saying they think I'm "a cool girl" and they "would really like to hang out" anyway.

THIS HAS HAPPENED MORE THAN ONCE.

What's a girl to do? What's a girl to do when the only guys who don't take a close look and run away screeching are consistently older and consistently going through whatever crazy bullshit "emotional thing" they do when they hit 30, break up with their longtime girlfriends/fiancées, examine their lives and find they don't fit the mold society has laid out for them? What, then?

I was having such a good day.
Now I'm listening to This is Hardcore.
Oy.

Oct 26, 2004
That's it.
I'm convinced.

Earlier today, I had this laid on me: Yeah so I've been seeing this other girl and things were getting kinda intense but I'd wanted to ask you out and so I did but she's like thirty so you know it seems better for me to do this.

FUCK THIS. He was the only person I had any semi-realistic leanings toward and now I'm left with no one nothing and honestly I'm better off for it.

So what am I convinced of?

I am roquefort in a world of men who crave mild cheddar.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Oct 22, 2004
What I miss, what I cling to.

Those calm blue-grey pools, remembering them fuller, more than possible. Widely spaced, brimming with deft intelligence, with views of the Mediterranean, cold Northern winters and words recovered from the dust of generations.

The lips generous, pink and perfect, through which one glimpsed small and even teeth, classically trained tongue, the worlds men walked in at the brink of Western memory.

His body, square and sturdy and accustomed to leaning into the wind, into crumbling academic pages. Hands the embodiment of stillness attached to the arms of a prizefighter, all under finely tuned control of a master violinist.

I see bits of him in other people. The shape of an eye, the cut of a tricep under a soft grey shirt, the turn of a lip. I look harder. I hope.

But the lips do not reveal ancient footprints, nor the triceps a still hand. The eyes never hold the bright, incise inquiry, the insatiable curiosity, the intelligence neither mentioned nor questioned, its presence doubtless.

Why did I meet him so terribly inexperienced? Wet behind the ears, still a virgin and just learning how to fight for myself. How to live by my wit, pay my rent, all of it.

What I wouldn't do for a few minutes. A few unhurried minutes to reminisce.
To test the myth.

Oct 21, 2004
The dog's owner came by two hours later. Nice woman. Would have liked to talk but was discussing house sitting with a friend and I've never been much good at juggling phone and real conversations.

Went to the Vanity Theatre yesterday for an hour or so, did a little work. Was called back the very same day by none other than the boy who passed my number along, asking if I was free to work this Friday. Why yes, yes I believe I am. I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Or at least a better one than what I've got working at the little theatre right now.

The surly redneck character actor hasn't called. Surprised? Not I. For two whole days I thought maybe... maybe this is something to really look forward to. Maybe this one'll fly. Ha! Good one.

Just returned from Alfie, the Michael Caine version. Not the kind of movie a girl should watch when she feels stood up.

And for my next trick, I will listen to Pulp.

Oct 18, 2004
A dog followed me home.

No, not that kind of dog, but thanks for asking.

A dog. Four legs, paws, big teeth, long fur, you know... woof. Followed me home. It's laying in my living room panting slobber on my floor. I called the number on its collar about half an hour ago, no response yet. I don't need a dog. Especially a dog that seems to have eye problems. I hope, really hope, that this Louisa person calls me back about her dog because as cute as it is, a dog is the last thing I need.

That's not true. There are worse things than an unwanted pooch. Like an unfinished project looming over my head.

I have an interview-of-sorts tomorrow morning at the One World Theater. Should be innaresting. My dear acquaintence Brian gave them my number. He's good people, I must say.

Cross your fingers for me, folks. Between the dog, the job, and the Otis, I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Edit 10/21:
Well, two out of three ain't bad.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a female version of you.

No wonder you like her.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No wonder you like her.

SGatr15

I agree  with sarge on this one
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
She is such a nutcase. I don't know whether to feel sorry for her, or to avoid her altogether.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
She is such a nutcase. I don't know whether to feel sorry for her, or to avoid her altogether.

Like I said...............

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]
the Oct 29 entry rings quite a few bells here.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I feel kinda bad for her.........I know how it is....she needs to lay off the metaphors though...gives me a headache.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Man Im glad this ignorant cunt doesnt think the world revolves around her!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel kinda bad for her.........I know how it is....she needs to lay off the metaphors though...gives me a headache.

Another example of overeducated, underemployed. That's Austin for you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#11]
She's got a nice bod, I can attest to that.

Now how long would you put up with that for the bod.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:05:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You live in Austin right???

You have a tendancy to insult the education of those that don't like you.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I don't selll my values for sex.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Cash only right?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Cash only right?

Credit too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No wonder you like her.

SGatr15

edit to add this post is useless without pics.......preferably naked
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, this little lady has too goddamn much time on her hands!  I rarely advocate the following position but SHE NEEDS TO STOP THINKING!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

2 weeks, max
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#19]

2 weeks, max

+1

(add 4 months if she has an oral fixation)

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:13:04 AM EDT
[#20]
This thread is worthless without pics.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:18:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Is she one of the chicks in the other thread?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:20:12 AM EDT
[#22]
I think it sounds like she going to trim the dogs claws.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:21:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

So, I ask you again, how long will you put up with that for the bod.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:27:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

Which chick?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:29:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

Which chick?

First pic.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#26]
One word:

Co-dependancy
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:09:56 AM EDT
[#27]

J
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:26:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Probably alot longer then alot of other guys.  I mastered ignoring things.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:40:37 AM EDT
[#29]
She sounds pretty neurotic... but then I think all women are.  I bet if every woman had some way to vent like that blog, most would, and it wouldn't make much sense to us guys.

I'll volunteer to go hit it and post pics, since I'm in the Austin area...
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:31:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Chicks who think they are intellecutally superior to most men piss me off.  Nine times out of ten they're self-deluded ...

Women looking for the "perfect man" piss me off too ...  Stop being so pretentious and settle ...
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

It counts how often pie is served.

Pie a great dessert, and some women forget that quickly, unfortunately...
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
One word:

Co-dependancy

+1
obsess much?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:16:54 AM EDT
[#33]
just stick it in her pooper and post pics.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

How is a high school grad "overeducated" ?  

So are you stalking her, or just reading her blogs obsessively and sharing them with anonymous strangers on the internet and asking their opinions about your non-existent relationship with her?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Cause 'super model' means voluptuous but is also is synonomous with 'super dumb'
Ya see I'd be a good listener so she'd treat me like a sister and soon I'd become
That trusted friend that cares that rubs her back and braids her hair
No it wouldn't be a week before I'm in her underwear

"I Wish I Was Queer So I Could Get Chicks"
The BLOODHOUND GANG
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#36]
You should have taken her to Gunstock where she could have met no end of men.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How is a high school grad "overeducated" ?  

I think he really means pretentious. Which this chick is, definitively.

Reading her blog entries, I experienced both a tingling of the pimp-hand, and an urge to vomit.

CC, this one is nuts. Known a few just like her.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Well I don't care what you do, but um please do hook a borther up, I like the caryz chicks, crazy chicks need to get laid too

SO HOOK A BROTHA UP
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Go Camping with her.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#40]
You know what you have to do.  Now go forth... and don't forget to post pics.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Seems to me like she'd make somebody very happy....for a week or so.

Huge potential here for a first class nagger. That type of girl qualifies for a "hit and run."
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#42]
I like her..
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Yep... clean_cut and this chick - a match made in idiot heaven.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Where's the pooper pics?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#45]
If you treated her decently and didn't mess around on her she would probably do anything for you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#46]
ASK.

HER.

OUT.

damn dude.  Smart, hittable, looking.  And you have to ask yourself about it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Have her read Dr. Laura's book, "The Care and Feeding of Husbands", just so she can't say she didn't get a good line on things.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#48]

I could not read past this: "I'm feeling like Camus and Hemingway probably did in the cafés of occupied Paris."  

How do people make up stuff like that?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Yep... clean_cut and this chick - a match made in idiot heaven.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
You should have taken her to Gunstock where she could have met no end of men.

Are you at UMR?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top