Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 8:20:15 AM EDT
I've been coming up on post 20k for some time now, and I couldn't come up with anything good to do with it. Until this morning when I went to the post office to pick up a package. I had made a deal with a guy from another board to trade him a rifle I have for two gold coins he had. He had sent me photos of the coins, but only of the coins, not the holders the coins was in. I just figured they were two nice gold pieces.

I was wrong. This really sent shivers up my spine. And I don't usually get that way.

When the planes hit the twin towers, there was a number of companies who had vaults in the towers that held assets for the companies. A number of these vaults had coins. I had heard of the coins before, some were found, and the companies had them sent out, numbered, and certified by a coin grading service that they were recovered from ground zero. I had seen photos of them, but never seen one in person. Now I have two. I don't know. Just of all days to get these coins sent to you. The guy I traded with had never said anything about what they were, other then the weights of the gold coins.

So for 20k, here it is. Two coins that were there. Never forget.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]

That's a good guy. Instead of trying to use the tragedy as a way to make a buck, he sold it based on the value of the coin and, when you got the coin, you got a big surprise.

Good guy.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow! Very cool. Too bad they weren't American Eagles... But that's still incredible.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wow! Very cool. Too bad they weren't American Eagles... But that's still incredible.

Yeah, I would have liked some eagles, but gold is gold. And I was shocked when I opened the box. Esp today of all days.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's a good guy. Instead of trying to use the tragedy as a way to make a buck, he sold it based on the value of the coin and, when you got the coin, you got a big surprise.

Good guy.

This.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good guy.

This.

Whichever member that was, thank you for being an upstanding and good person.  It's good to see guys like you still exist.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]

When I saw that it says "Krugerrand" I immediately thought of Lethal Weapon 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top