Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/21/2008 11:03:03 PM EDT
Good bye low 13's and high 12's in the 1/4...... hellllllooooooooo mid- low 12's

Just for approx. size reference it's a 75mm compressor wheel.

What you are looking at is a twin (compound) turbo kit for a 6.6L Duramax diesel. It uses the stock variable vane turbo as the small charger and this one as the big one.

Should be good for around 640 rwhp with the race tune. About 50psi of boost at that level. Around 580 rwhp with a street tune. Getting a little sketchy on a stock bottom end, but we'll see

Build the motor, add another CP3 and it'll be good for 700+ hp with around 80psi of boost.

Should be fun. There will be Youtube drag racing videos......in the spring.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:11:56 PM EDT
Is that the Idaho Rob setup?

That's what he was doing when I bought my turbo, just curious if he's up to the same shenanigans
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:16:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DuraToTheMax:
Is that the Idaho Rob setup?

That's what he was doing when I bought my turbo, just curious if he's up to the same shenanigans

Yeah it's the same setup he's running. It's an MPI (Maximized Performance) kit... they are also out of Idaho.

Those boys seem to grow big potatoes and make a lot of diesel hp for some reason.

Rob ran 11.7 @ 115 a few weeks ago with 30% over injectors His truck is for sale. Lightly used

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:30:45 PM EDT
He's selling his truck? man... I need to catch up.

Anyway OSU, I'd love to see a writeup on the twin install, haven't seen one yet. It's not that hard with some good instructions and a few tools, if you have the time .

I strongly recommend a PPE intercooler, if you haven't already done so.

My next prediction for you is the straight pipe...

I'm 1 for 1 so far
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:41:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 11:43:09 PM EDT by OSUBeaver]
Originally Posted By DuraToTheMax:
My next prediction for you is the straight pipe...

I'm 1 for 1 so far

I think I'll be able to hold out on the straight pipe. I really like the quiet sleeper sound. Unless some really evil plans I have on the back burner come to life

As for the writeup, I'm not going to do the install. You're right, it's not rocket science. I just don't like wrenching on my daily driver. That's where the evil plans could come into play.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:05:56 AM EDT
Right on man, you've got an amazing setup.

I can't wait to read about your reaction on the new turbo.
Top Top