Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 5:32:45 AM EDT
David Millican is a retired preacher in McComb, MS. I think this is good as it gets. He wrote the following:

To my friends and family:

What I have seen since Katrina:The poor and the wealthy hurt by the storm Black, white, Hispanic, oriental and Indian all hurt by the storm. Christian people giving, giving, giving. Churches going all out to minister in Jesus' name Neighbors going door to door helping one another Thugs and hoodlums going door to door looking for someone venerable. Ice and water being fought over as police tried to keep the peace. People coming up from New Orleans taking over empty houses because shelters are full. Out of town volunteers coming with food and staying for now a week still serving it. The Churches all over this part of the country doing what Christians do in a crisis. Fema doing a wonderful job in getting help to us The red Cross doing a great job in the shelters. The Salvation Army doing a great job in the community. Four Hundred crewman from everywhere bring back the power to our homes, churches and businesses. Lines at service stations a block to a mile long.

National Guardsman patrolling the streets of Mccomb along with Kentucky policemen protecting us from the hoodlums and thugs of McComb, Pike County and New Orleans (the most dangerous city in the world before Katrina.) Drug dealers working outside shelters. Doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel working tirelessly, even sleeping at the hospital to do the job God called them to do.

WHAT I HAVE NOT SEEN: The ACLU setting up a feeding line. People for the American Way helping in the shelters. The NAACP doing any work whatsoever. The American Atheist organization serving meals in the shelters. Jesse Jackson directing traffic at the gas stations.

I could go on, but you get my message. It's the Christian people with love and compassion who do the work. The gripers in Congress should come on down and get in line to pass the water and the ice. Are you listening Hillary, Chuck, Teddy and all the sorry loafers we call Senators and Congressmen? They don't have a clue as to what this life is all about here on the Gulf Coast.

Boy I feel better now.

David A. Millican
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
tagged.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
tagged.

What does that mean?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:17:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tagged.

What does that mean?

Tagola..
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tagged.

What does that mean?

It means that now, as a team member, when I click on 'my active topics' (an option non-team members don't have) this thread will show up in a list of topics I have posted in, if it has had recent posting activity.

You 'tag' a thread if the subject matter interests you.

This thread interested me - not only as a Christian, but also as someone who has friends in the area referred to by the author of the email.

Therefore, I 'tagged' it - so if it generated further discussion, I could easily find it later.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
tagged.

What does that mean?

It means that now, as a team member, when I click on 'my active topics' (an option non-team members don't have) this thread will show up in a list of topics I have posted in, if it has had recent posting activity.

You 'tag' a thread if the subject matter interests you.

This thread interested me - not only as a Christian, but also as someone who has friends in the area referred to by the author of the email.

Therefore, I 'tagged' it - so if it generated further discussion, I could easily find it later.

Cool!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I got a foward about a giant alligator that was supposedly eating people and the Army shot it and loaded it on the bed of a truck.  And now its in a fridgerated trailer waiting for an autopsy
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#8]
metagtoo

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I got a foward about a giant alligator that was supposedly eating people and the Army shot it and loaded it on the bed of a truck.  And now its in a fridgerated trailer waiting for an autopsy

Was it this;

www.snopes.com/katrina/photos/crocodile.asp
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Taguchi.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was it this;

www.snopes.com/katrina/photos/crocodile.asp

Yup.  I was pretty sure it wasn't colored right to be local to New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool!

Really cool if you're a member.

In fairness - I know what we what - you haven't seen the NRA or Republican National Committee set up a food kitchen either. The political organizations don't do food kitchens for some unknown reason. You'd figure that they'd all have an emergency food bank program as part of their political efforts too. Come to think of it I haven't seen the Boy or Girl Scouts doing anything either, I got a feeling that they're doing stuff but the national media just isn't covering that positive angle at all in the few hours of coverage I've seen.

Wonder why

I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that a LOT of the people doing the relief work ARE NRA and RNC members as well as boy scouts and girl scouts.

I'll let you go for double or nothin tha a LOT of the people standing in line with their hands out are Jesse Jackson fans, NAACP members, and/or ACLU fans.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#14]
. or tag
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool!

Wonder why

I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that a LOT of the people doing the relief work ARE NRA and RNC members as well as boy scouts and girl scouts.

I'll let you go for double or nothin tha a LOT of the people standing in line with their hands out are Jesse Jackson fans, NAACP members, and/or ACLU fans.

I agree!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool!

Really cool if you're a member.

In fairness - I know what we what - you haven't seen the NRA or Republican National Committee set up a food kitchen either. The political organizations don't do food kitchens for some unknown reason. You'd figure that they'd all have an emergency food bank program as part of their political efforts too. Come to think of it I haven't seen the Boy or Girl Scouts doing anything either, I got a feeling that they're doing stuff but the national media just isn't covering that positive angle at all in the few hours of coverage I've seen.

Wonder why

So true!!

One of the ladies I work with has done nothing but bitch about how sorry the response to NO was and how she might want to go down and help out.....

We got a mass email at work stating that the firm would give 5 extra days of paid time off if you travelled to any of the affected areas and performed work to assist....

I forwarded the email to this bitchy coworker and asked a simple question...."So when are you leaving?"

The response I got was "I'm sayin'."    

Yep, typical (no) response from a Lib when confronted with the opportunity to help out.....I am all outta give a fuck....

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I like it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Tagged
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top