Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 6:53:12 PM EDT
the company firewall has denied everything firearms related, and pretty much every video hosting place also.
for well over a year, i've been able to view-only, coming in via www.mcuzi.com/, but, along with not being able to log on and post, i got the dreaded red X for any pictures hosted on the photoserver.
today, i'm reading along, and then it dawned on me.......I'M SEEING AVATARS!!!!!!!, could it be...
and there was much rejoicing...the firewall is down, i can see pics, i can log on.
i can get to all the online gunstores, i can see things from video hosting sites....i want to post two full pages of the happy dancing banana i'm so damn psyched out.  i don't even say that "woot" thing, but WOOT, damnit.
this may be short lived, but i'm a happy man on the job right now.
sorry, nothing of any great value here, just a rare thread of someone having a firewall lifted, instead of one put in place.
hmmmmm, and my 12 hr shift will only be an 11 hr shift tonight.....i should play the lottery or something.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
so let's boil it down:

you work at an anti-gun company that goes out of its way to block your discussion of your 2nd ammendment rights.  you are rejoicing that they have granted you the ability to exercise your right?

you should be raising holy hell regarding your company's firearm policy in the first place
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt it is a joke...

There is a ton of software that makes sure Bob in Accounting is researching CPA stuff on the web, and not ar15.com.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a trap.
Now they can fire you for accessing unauthorized sites on your work PC.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
the place is a well known biopharmacuitical company with  1,800 people, and several buildings, but they refer to it a a "campus".   they are PC like you read about.
i'm tucked away at the powerhouse, with only one co-worker, so i'm not exactly too visable, but i'm at the mercy of whatever their newest firewall will do.
i've had AR15.COM yanked out from under me 3 times so far, at least i was fortunate enough to be able to read.
the guys in the shops are cool about guns, but out in the research and manufacturing areas....i don't think there would be much like-mindedness.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Just go to this site anonymouse.org/anonwww.html and type in the url you want to go to and you should be able to view any site you want. The administrators tried to do a similar thing at my high school, but you know kids, they find ways to get around everything.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
so let's boil it down:

you work at an anti-gun company that goes out of its way to block your discussion of your 2nd ammendment rights.  you are rejoicing that they have granted you the ability to exercise your right?

you should be raising holy hell regarding your company's firearm policy in the first place

Have you ever had a real job?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
so let's boil it down:

Imagine that, a company that tries to control computers they own & trying to control what their paid employees may access while on company time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top