Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/15/2007 5:08:06 PM EDT
Yup, still truckin' on it. Having fun, gettin' better. Just slapped a set of D'Addario silks on it, and I really like the sound. Starting to really understand chord progressions and relationships, can now play (chords for) many of my favorites, and sit and strum for a good long while, all the time making sense, and making "good" music. My daughter just told me I rocked. Why have I waited this long to actually learn how to play these things? Here's my rig: an Alvarez RF20SC.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:10:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:13:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2007 5:16:08 PM EDT by The_Camp_Ninja]

Originally Posted By TC6969:
Learn how to play a shuffle and the 1-4-5 progression and you automatically know several thousand songs.

Yes, but I will remain quite handicapped until i can get these bridged chords down. I can't finger an F if my very little life were to depend on it. I believe F was made by devils.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:13:47 PM EDT
Keep it up! I've been trying for 4 years and still haven't gotten very far on mine.

Maybe it would help to practice...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:15:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VACaver:
Keep it up! I've been trying for 4 years and still haven't gotten very far on mine.

Maybe it would help to practice...

I lay out chord cards and try to practice 1/2 to 1 hour per day, when biology and the prejudices of others do not conspire against me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:47:45 PM EDT
The more you learn, the more you will find out how simple songwriting is. You will figure out songs without even realizing it. Rock on Camp Ninja...
Top Top