Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 3:31:02 PM EDT
This pistol since it coming into my possession in Az.( I lived in Az for a couple of years in the early nineties) has stirred up more conversations than any other firearm I have ever owned. It is always referred to as the HEAT pistol.

It is just a simple Commander with aftermarket grips and a Wilson Combat full-length guide rod. Please note: I installed the grip panels on it approx two years before the movie was released in theatres.

Numerous times at the range, some guy will come up to me and comment on the HEAT pistol, or he saw Al use a similar pistol in HEAT type comment. I have to tell them, Al had a Officers slide on a Commander frame. This is a straight up Commander.

So, just for public clarification, it is not the pistol from HEAT.

Thank you for your understanding
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice pistol. Looks a lot like mine.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone call me?

Nice pistol!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This pistol since it coming into my possession in Az.( I lived in Az for a couple of years in the early nineties) has stirred up more conversations than any other firearm I have ever owned. It is always referred to as the HEAT pistol.
hometown.aol.com/tacticaljew/myhomepage/colt1_1.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US

It is just a simple Commander with aftermarket grips and a Wilson Combat full-length guide rod. Please note: I installed the grip panels on it approx two years before the movie was released in theatres.

Numerous times at the range, some guy will come up to me and comment on the HEAT pistol, or he saw Al use a similar pistol in HEAT type comment. I have to tell them, Al had a Officers slide on a Commander frame. This is a straight up Commander.

So, just for public clarification, it is not the pistol from HEAT.

Thank you for your understanding

Absolutely awesome 1911!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
al pacino used a pitbull to be specific. it's a pistol that used to be made by auto-ordnance, it has a officer slide on a full frame... pretty nice looking gun, but weird at the same time. I dunno if auto-ordnance still makes it or not, but, as I said, it was referred to as the "pit bull" FYI

there's a pic of one.

this is one of the later ones hence the slide serrations are slanted. the earlier pit bulls actually had vertical slide serrations if you look in the old modern gun value books at the pics. I'd get my cousin to take a pic of his but dont have a digital camera unfortunately =[.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top