Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/9/2003 11:53:34 AM EDT
At the end of this week, I will be moving out of the Hun Residence to begin a life separate and apart from the lovely and gracious [b]Miz Hun.[/b]

It will be the end of our [b]22 year[/b] relationship; one which has taken us from Louisiana to Texas, from mere kids to 'seasoned' citizens. From parents to grandparents.

Her sole decision, and not mine in the least.

I would not want y'all to think that I was the sort of fellow who would leave this woman, this wife, this chosen companion for the road, and take off on some jaded 'middle age' crisis of one sort or the other.

And I would not want y'all to think that [b]Miz Hun[/b] was not the sort and quality of woman that any man would fight to hold on to. She is.

O Lord, she most definitely is such a woman.

But, that is not to be.

So, as I posted previously on the Mod Forum, it appears that I will be single again, soon. And I would like to thank all of the Mods and Staff whose thoughts, and gracious replies, have already given me a good push-start back onto this life's long and winding road.  

This will be the first time in my 51 years that I will be living alone.

Well, I will have my faithful dog, Scooter, the Hun-beagle, with me. So I won't be [u]entirely[/u] alone.

Anyway, I will always have you guys and girls to talk with, right?

[:D]

That is certainly a great consolation, and I want each of y'all to know that I really do value your acquaintance, and the time I spend here with y'all.

'But, Hun, this is [u]only[/u] an Internet site!'

Oh, really? I 'spect it is, of course.

But then you will have to explain to me how it is that when I travel to other parts of this great country, I encounter friends, who I feel as if I've known all my life.

Miz Hun's decision is pretty final and, as we say at law, unappealable.

So, as one 22-year-long chapter in my life closes, another chapter is about to begin.

And I couldn't think of a better place to begin such a chapter, than with the folks that I have met on this Board!

Thank you all, again, so very, very much.

Do not worry about me, at all. I will simply devote more time to my grandchildren.

And to my friends, whom I collectively refer to as...[b]y'all![/b]

And to GUNSTOCK! See y'all there!

Eric The(FireUpTheBlender!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear this. This is indeed sad news. We will be here if you need us though. You will not set out alone, as we are with you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#2]
[wave] I'm here for ya Hunny!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You are a true gentlemen are taking this all very well.  You will always have your friends here on the board.  Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear it, Eric.

Keep your chin up, man!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish the best for the both of you. Keep that wit and sense of humor if you can, bro. Even if her lawyer gets half of your personality, you will still be a hell of a man.

Pan(I freakin hate it for you man)gea
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry.. to bad it couldn't be fixed.good luck with the rest of your life
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Eric, Sorry to hear that you and Mrs.Hun are going your separate ways.
Having been through a divorce myself, I know it can be a trying experience.
Hopefully, the two of you can part as friends.

If you and Scooter ever find yourselves in South Florida, the two of you are more than welcome to crash in the Echo family guestroom.

echo6
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Though we've had our disgreements I must say that is sad news.

No chance of her changing her mind? Maybe, take up a poll? We could probably give her a 100% petition that we think she should change her mind.

Joking aside, sorry to hear about it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to hear of this.  After 22 years, you're going to be facing quite an adjustment.  Your faith and your friends will see you through this.

Maybe after things settle down, you'll have time to work on your post count!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry to hear that.

Good luck sir.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Been trying to post a reply here but not working so I'll just say I read many of your posts and I believe you are a good guy.  Sorry to hear of this and hope all turns out well for you.  I have little to offer in experienced advice but have had my share of heartbreaks, they all heal, wear the scars proudly.

Edited to add that when you feel ready I know some women that are fun to "hang out with".  Just trying to lighten the mood.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Hang in there, bro. Being alone does not mean being lonely. If you were able to attract such a worthy woman before you will certainly do so again.

Remember to focus on what YOU need- be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up over what is history.

Personally, I'd get a good massage from some hot chick named "Misty". But that's just me...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#14]
sorry to hear that, best of luck to you!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to hear the news ETH.  Hang in there and rely on your faith.  The Good Lord will see you through.  And if you ever just want a good argument - IM me.  We have all sorts of things we disagree on I am sure.  Just Kidding.  Hang in there.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry Eric. Good time to do some traveling. We'll look forward to seeing you at Gunstock. But maybe a trip overseas would be in order? You know you have friends in a certain country with  the Mediterranean on one side and Jordan on the other.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#17]
sorry to hear it.
we don't know each other but i have an uncle whose wife did the same thing to him.  it seems he came home one evening and when wanted a divorce.  nothing could change her mind.  she wanted the house bank account and most of the furniture.  so he said fine...  he moved into an apartment.  looked at what he was making and how much was in his savings and decided to buy a a corvette.  About 3 months later she realized she made a big mistake and wanted him back.  he told her to fuck off!  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#19]
been there done that, may it get better for you both. good luck
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Eric, I am sorry to read this.
I had noticed a decline in your posting lately and wondered about it.
All of us are alone on the physical plane, anyway.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry to hear that.
Looks like you have a positive outlook.
Good luck and God bless.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Hang in there, ETH!

I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#24]
My cousin's name is Eric, he's a lawyer and he's had 3 wives leave, although the 3rd came back.  

Seems you have the kind of self-confidence to weather this experience.  I imagine you hope she comes back......and so do I.

Good luck to you both.

Gordon
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry to hear ETH. You know the Texas crew is with ya [:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh well,..............you know.

I'll continue to pray for you.

"Oh Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in Thee."  Psalm 84:12
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn, that is truly a sad and regretable trajedy.
On the brighter side perhaps a road trip to the other great "guns are our friend" state in the union, Arizona.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Thats a bummer ETH. Real sorry to hear that.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Sorry to hear this. However, my cat of the last almost 15 years has been better to me than people. I have lived with the cat for many years and would not change a thing. Animals give unconditional love. Good Luck, and see you at gunstock, John
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry to hear that, Hun.  Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#31]
I am shocked, Hun, and very saddened. From a man of faith, such as yourself, this news is hard to fathom.

I have been, and will continue to be, a supporter of the position that marriage is cemented together by a common, forthright belief in Jesus Christ. Such a bond, blessed by His hand was, and is, unassailable.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Very sad news, ETH, very sad indeed.

Hang tough. Although your wit and wisdom may not be appreciated to the degree it deserves at home right now, rest assured it will always be appreciated here.

cynic
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm sad to hear that Mr. Hun!  I do have one question though, has this been in the works for a while? I've noticed your posts on the board took a twist about a year or so ago.  I can't really explain it, it just seemed like someone else took over your account or something! I dunno.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I am really sorry to hee this. Being that Wildweasel and I will be married 20 years in Nov.
If there is anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask. I wish you the best and hope everything works out for the best.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#35]
[SHOCK]

Sorry to hear ETH...

Will there be an amicable split of property, or is it ugly?

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#36]
ETH, even if I hadn't been around here for a year and a half, and knew what kind of person you are, the way you talk about your wife in this post speaks volumes about your character.

You Sir, are a class act.  
You'll do just fine, no matter the outcome.

I wish you the very best of luck.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#37]
This sort of thing is never easy , regardless of the circumstances....

I have a feeling that you will be alright...

Good luck and take care of yourself ....

t
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Eric The(FireUpTheBlender!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

You're displaying the best atitude possible, namely, get on with life. Hard to do while you're standing in a pool of blood looking at your guts on the floor. I hope you saw it coming, so it wasn't a total shock. Irregardless, it's a hard blow! I know your sadness, but of course you and I both have a Companion who will NEVER leave us. I know Eric, that you still have that, even though you suffer such a blow. I also know our Lord will continue to guide and love you....always.

My humblest condolences Eric on your loss. It is a death you know...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
At the end of this week, I will be moving out of the Hun Residence to begin a life separate and apart from the lovely and gracious [b]Miz Hun.[/b]
View Quote

Ouch!  This is unfortnate to say the least, I hope you have protected yourself well (I assume you have).

I suspect your polite tone may be sarcastic, but if not, you seriously need a shot of malice.  The marital contract has been violated.  If you feel she is going to be as polite as you, think again, even if it's not her intent, her lawer will make it so.  If this is not your fault, Get mad!  There is a reason that emotion exists!  Otherwise, you will pine away forever...  

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Prayers sent. I'm really sorry to hear this, Eric.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry to hear about your situation, but at least you took the step and had this long relationship and are the better for doing it.  I haven't even found someone yet, and being in my late thirties, time is getting short to find a "breeder"![:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
[snip]
[red]Irregardless[/red],
[/snip]
View Quote

[:D] That is such a great word.

Sorry to hear about that Eric. I'm sure a good man such as yourself will be fine though. Keep us updated on how things go.

Where do you plan on living?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Thank you my very dear friends, for your words of cheer and wisdom.

I read each and every one with gratitude for your concern for me and for my marriage.

I would love to be able to explain precisely what went wrong and when it occurred, but I find that I cannot.

And trust me, I have tried. And tried.

And I could never bring myself to get too mad at [b]Miz Hun[/b] for being unable to explain how I have failed at our marriage so miserably.

The only sad fact that I fully understand is that our marriage is over.

[u]That[/u] fact I understand all too well.

And that is sufficient for me.

Hell, the details could prove to be mighty depressing if she did tell me, so maybe my ignorance is bliss.

By the way, I no longer have Internet access, so I can only post from the law library, the Plano Library, and from [b]lordtrader's and BrotherNick's[/b] at times.

So, I likely won't be posting again today.

That, and that alone, will prevent me from any further responses or replies until tomorrow, or so, to this thread.

Thank you all once again, from the bottom of my large and considerable heart, for the gracious and thoughtful responses all of you have made.

Prayers are always welcome.

Eric The(Grateful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#44]
My condolences.  Somehow though, I think you'll be just fine. You seem to have that kind of "bounce back personality and stubbornness about you.

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#45]
My condolences.

Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Not to be too glib or anything, but she isn't taking your guns is she?!?

[:O]

Good luck Eric, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Really sorry to hear about this. I wish you well in your adjusted life.

I didn't marry until late in life and I've only been married 4 years. (or is it 5? [:d]) I can't imagine life not beong married. Funny how quick it grows on you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#48]
My condolences, sir.

My uncle's wife of 23 years left him a few years back.  Turns out she was porking some swine she met in a chat room.  Fortunately, he managed to keep his house and farmland, but she still took him to the cleaners.  Damn womenz.

Sounds like a trip to the firing range followed by a nudie bar pilgrimage are in order.  Good luck and God bless.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#49]
You have my condolences, Eric.  I enjoy your posts very much and hope to meet you some day.  I will be praying that your pain is made less sharp in short time.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#50]
The Hun Appreciation club of Maine [b](HAM)[/b] wishes you the best.  I read alot of your posts and your consistent demeanor and knowledge tells me that you have the character to power through this fork in the road.

Hats of to ya Hun, and glasses raised.[beer]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top