Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 10:02:10 PM EDT
On top of all the bullshit in NY, this really awesome guy at work died today.  He was a Vietnam vet, avid gun collector.  I can't believe it, I just talked and joked with him yesterday.

He called and asked for the day off.  He went to his deer lease with his father(80+) and a friend.  He got stung by a wasp or something and was alergic, had no medicine.

It really upset my boss, who let him take off.  I think she maybe blames herself.  We're all really close in our department.

His name was Jerry Snyder, he was about 50, and he was one hell of a guy.  I'm gonna miss him...
[url]http://www.reporternews.com/2001/obits/0912.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry man,

Always tough to lose a friend.  [:(]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I am sorry for your loss.  A life is a life no matter how it was lost.  Remember him in your heart and he will live in eternity.

Sydwaiz
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't mean to detract from the trauma on a national level, it's just that on top of my personal loss is almost too much.  Thanks for your sympathy...
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for your loss today.  
We all need to remember how precious and fragile life is.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The loss at a national level still hasn't truly hit us.  To me it's like watching a really personal view of "die hard 6".  

Losses at a personal level hit us everytime we think of them and the good times shared.  But mostly at those times when we wish they were near.

Sorry to hear about your loss.  God Bless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top