Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 7:26:14 PM EDT
We can fly a plane faster than a bullet, launch men into space and return them safely to the earth, we have mapped the human genetic code, harnessed the power of the atom, yet we cannot figure out how to kill a fucking microscopic virus!  Pardon me while I drink this cup of Lysol!

P.S. Yes I am very sick.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm not mistaken, we have never been able to kill a virus. Something to do with their ability to mutate. But who knows, with the cracking of the genetic code, some day....
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
On the plus side, we can make a clone of you that isn't sick.

[BD]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It is not killing one virus. As ar10er said, they mutate, so you are actually trying kill many different virus'. There will eventually come a point in which pharmaceuticals no longer work, then we will be back to letting our immune system do it's job.

P.S. Get well soon!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You know if this were Star Trek I could be sent through the transporter and the computer would filter out all the little fuckers!  No, the Lysol didn't work.

I remember an SNL skit where they did a Nyquil spoof and you actually took the medicine to hibernate through the flu season.  I wish I could do that now.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We can fly a plane faster than a bullet, launch men into space and return them safely to the earth, we have mapped the human genetic code, harnessed the power of the atom, yet we cannot figure out how to kill a fucking microscopic virus!  Pardon me while I drink this cup of Lysol!

P.S. Yes I am very sick.
View Quote

Don't feel too bad. We can't make a translatable  drive-thru speaker either.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
are viruses even alive to be killed?

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I sucked down two bottles of Nyquil in 5 days, plus the wife just got a new one today[BD].

Quoted:
I remember an SNL skit where they did a Nyquil spoof and you actually took the medicine to hibernate through the flu season.  I wish I could do that now.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I sucked down two bottles of Nyquil in 5 days, plus the wife just got a new one today[BD].
View Quote

A new bottle of Nyquil or a new husband?  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Lemme finisssh offfff thit bottllll ani'lll let you nooow..hic..hic

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

A new bottle of Nyquil or a new husband?  [:D]
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
are viruses even alive to be killed?

View Quote

That's just it. A virus is basically a strand of DNA. And DNA is a molecule (althought a very complex molecule). How do you kill a molecule??
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top