Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/2/2015 12:18:50 AM EDT
This guy was a hero of mine growing up, still is sorta. I just can't fathom that he's a rapist. I mean it does not compute....

I have lost count of the hours I spent listening to his cassette tapes in the car back when it was a thing.
The TV shows, the enthusiasm for him telling black teens to quit being thuggish & educate themselves, all are things I found so admirable.

I do believe that there is a deliberate attempt made by the media to destroy any & all heroes, like John Wayne, etc. Yet I also worry that my sentiment could be clouding my judgement.

"Why would the women lie?" you ask. well I've been around long enough to know that we share this planet with some true pond scum, women not all being immune to this.

Just wanting to state this aloud, I am really bothered by all this.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:20:34 AM EDT
I am in the same boat... I'm not a believer or a denier... one of the few "fall from grace" situations that actually bothers me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:20:54 AM EDT
There's a lot of stuff in his early comedy records that, with the rapist allegations, are even more hilarious.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:21:36 AM EDT
He wants personal responsibility and needs to be silenced.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:21:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2015 12:23:09 AM EDT by Greggo556]
I understand that there are gold diggers out there that take advantage of a situation, but this thing is way too deep at this point to hold much lingering doubt.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:22:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:22:40 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By irishtech:
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:23:51 AM EDT
I suspect lots of gold digging.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:24:09 AM EDT
Rapist no. Chase tail yes. He is the new Clarence Thomas for the libs. Women looking for a pay day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:24:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2015 12:27:41 AM EDT by nightstalker]
Theory is he was able to get liquid Ketamine through vets as he had world class show dogs.
The drug is used to calm dogs when traveling.

Source: Available by prescription only, and is commercially available as a veterinary anesthetic. It is difficult to synthesize clandestinely and is usually stolen from veterinarian offices or diverted from legitimate pharmaceutical sources in liquid form. Ketamine is currently a schedule III controlled substance in the US.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:27:15 AM EDT
I heard enough about how racist he is off screen that I never had a high opinion of him.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:28:54 AM EDT
I honestly don't know how anyone can not see the guy is a rapist. . . I mean when one girl comes forward I hold my judgement, but the numbers crazy now. Has to be in the 30's.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:31:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By glockluv:
I honestly don't know how anyone can not see the guy is a rapist. . . I mean when one girl comes forward I hold my judgement, but the numbers crazy now. Has to be in the 30's.

View Quote

Payday.How can you rape 30 + and not have a least one accuse you when it happened ?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:31:31 AM EDT
View Quote
This. It is all a liberal controlled lie to discredit what he has said. All trumped up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:32:14 AM EDT
I don't believe any of it and won't until there is some credible proof.

He's said a lot of things that don't line up with the typical liberal left wing playbook and I'm sure it's earned him some enemies.

We've seen this before, Herman Cain anyone?

Anyone can file a lawsuit and if they have the right benefactor it costs them nothing to do so.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:33:43 AM EDT
View Quote

I agree, but even if said charges are true....
Is what he said not true?
And that's the point
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:33:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By knoxtnshooter:
I am in the same boat... I'm not a believer or a denier... one of the few "fall from grace" situations that actually bothers me.
View Quote

Well put.... I feel much the same...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:34:24 AM EDT
Don't make heros out of men. All men are flawed. Respect a man for a deed but making a hero out of a man can be risky business.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:35:47 AM EDT
It's disappointing when someone who has cultivated a "safe" image, like Bill Cosby had, totally shits the bed with something so atrocious. If he was just "some guy" who raped (or was accused of raping) so many women, ARFers would be calling for his head. Rightly so, if true! If I may, I'd suggest that you use things like this to remind yourself that ANYONE could be a complete nutcase, and to keep a wary eye out always, everywhere.

Don't get attached to celebs, no matter how clean they makes themselves appear. The NFL has been similarly tarnished over the last while - an American institution with all of these community programs, and breast cancer month and the like - exposed to be as dirty and underhanded as anyone else. It could probably truthfully be said that the commish and his colleagues turned so many blind eyes that they were virtually complicit in the abuse of innumerable women.

People are fucked up, man.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:51:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Theory is he was able to get liquid Ketamine through vets as he had world class show dogs.
The drug is used to calm dogs when traveling.

Source: Available by prescription only, and is commercially available as a veterinary anesthetic. It is difficult to synthesize clandestinely and is usually stolen from veterinarian offices or diverted from legitimate pharmaceutical sources in liquid form. Ketamine is currently a schedule III controlled substance in the US.

View Quote

I have wondered about that, there should be some records showing he had access to some heavy drugs if the allegations are even close to true.

Maybe a few of the alleged victims are liars looking for a settlement, but I strongly doubt all of them are.

No criminal charges so far, it is looking more like a class action civil suit by his alleged victims.

Cosby's best bet now would be to drag this out, delay, make counter accusations...and hope he dies of old age before their suit can be settled.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:53:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Greggo556:
I understand that there are gold diggers out there that take advantage of a situation, but this thing is way too deep at this point to hold much lingering doubt.
View Quote

Agreed.

I'm sure that some of his accusers are lying and just looking for a payout. All of them?....probably not.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:54:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Spartanatheart:

"Why would the women lie?" you ask. well I've been around long enough to know that we share this planet with some true pond scum, women not all being immune to this.
View Quote

Famous people, people, who by all appearances, seem to be wholesome, and famous people, who by all appearances, seem to be wholesome are not immune to this either.

I don't know what to think about it either, so I don't.

I like his point of view about some things, even if he is fuck up, it doesn't mean he is wrong. There's lots of people in this world who are brilliant or admirable in many respects, but fucked in another.

How many people do you know who are admirable in one respect (intellect, skill, personality, etc.), but lose your respect or admiration in another regard?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:01:17 AM EDT
What a shame. And a disappointment, if it's true. I,however, don't believe anything I hear or read these days. Give him the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty, or not.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:05:58 AM EDT
This is kinda a tough one.

On one side... a ton of accusations is hard to fathom.

On the other side... the fact that NONE of them came forward, and they all have basically the same story, is equally hard to fathom.

The only thing I'm pretty solidly sure of is that, barring additional evidence, there's reasonable doubt as to him committing a crime. Which means, as always, 'Not Guilty' does not equal 'Innocent'.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:06:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Spartanatheart:
This guy was a hero of mine growing up, still is sorta. I just can't fathom that he's a rapist. I mean it does not compute....

I have lost count of the hours I spent listening to his cassette tapes in the car back when it was a thing.
The TV shows, the enthusiasm for him telling black teens to quit being thuggish & educate themselves, all are things I found so admirable.

I do believe that there is a deliberate attempt made by the media to destroy any & all heroes, like John Wayne, etc. Yet I also worry that my sentiment could be clouding my judgement.

Just wanting to state this aloud, I am really bothered by all this.
View Quote

Well, it's unfortunate that he shoopty do'd his bippity-beebop with those women when they didn't want to zippity-do bebop shibbly-dibbly doo, but only time will tell whether he's actually guilty of zippity-dee dingity do bebop dingity-danging those women or not.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:06:05 AM EDT
Hollywood is chock ful of scumbags nothing surprises me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:06:08 AM EDT
Whether the women lied or not, he's fucked. That accusation doesn't go away, and for the rest of his life he will be "Accused rapist Bill Cosby".
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:07:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By stevem1a:
[

Cosby's best bet now would be to drag this out, delay, make counter accusations...and hope he dies of old age before their suit can be settled.
View Quote

At which time Jesse Ventura will step in and sue his wife.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:16:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shack357:
Whether the women lied or not, he's fucked. That accusation doesn't go away, and for the rest of his life he will be "Accused rapist Bill Cosby".
View Quote

He could sue them.

Like Bill Clinton did....
Top Top