Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Tfl
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By paadams:

You have any pictures?  I'd love to see how it looks, as I get tired of mulching.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cristo11:
A little surprised to see all the mulch.

We mulched for years, switched to river rock several years ago & life has been much better since. Ended up needing 40 tons to completely re-do the landscape, that’s a lot of shoveling & wheelbarrowing let me tell you. But it’s finished now forever & the only maintenance is an occasional walk around with the weed sprayer.

You have any pictures?  I'd love to see how it looks, as I get tired of mulching.

I suck at internetting & still haven’t figured out how to posts pics here. But I’ll be happy to email or text you some of you want to pm me where to send them. Or you can just search 1-3” river rock landscaping into your favorite search engine & get endless results.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:49:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: solid] [#3]

Thanks, that's what I told her we should use.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKCory762:

It’s called polymeric sand. This “stone dust” can work up to 6” gaps so it’s great for flag stone. You sweep it in the cracks. Light blow the excess off. And water it down. Hardens like mortar and last a long time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/D995BA98-6FE6-4026-B913-409855D29334_jpe-2383342.JPG

Beware of the polymeric to a certain degree,wear dust mask or respirator if you have breathing issues. I forget exactly what the warning on the bag says but it isn't great to inhale.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By solid:

Beware of the polymeric to a certain degree,wear dust mask or respirator if you have breathing issues. I forget exactly what the warning on the bag says but it isn't great to inhale.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By solid:

It’s called polymeric sand. This “stone dust” can work up to 6” gaps so it’s great for flag stone. You sweep it in the cracks. Light blow the excess off. And water it down. Hardens like mortar and last a long time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/D995BA98-6FE6-4026-B913-409855D29334_jpe-2383342.JPG

Same with cutting any masonry really. Shit will harden in your lungs. No buneo
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I need some landscaping done
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:09:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKCory762] [#6]
Well, got the very front of my house mostly done. Now I need to build out the other half of the front.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, got the very front of my house mostly done. Now I need to build out the other half of the front.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/55012215-7E32-4ED2-A2DA-76330D6B084E_jpe-2383563.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/3E56A685-B191-4653-B132-C4B5C4A9503B_jpe-2383583.JPG
View Quote

Looks great! Nice landscaping makes an enormous difference. Relax and enjoy a beverage!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#9]
What’s a good material to separate a flower bed from a lawn? What kind cost would I be looking at per 50 feet? Right now I have a divider made up of pieces  of wooden fence post sitting on end. It’s very old and starting to fall apart.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone should tag the Japanese maple guy
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice work! As much as I have spent I yard, I respect that grind and $$.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Anybody have experience with clumping bamboo in Zone 7 (north Texas near OK)? I don't want to deal with the invasive type, but clumping seems like a good privacy screen.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
So you like stone work? This is our last house.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Sometimes it rains during your project. It doesn't help that the back yard is a water retention area. Water was half way up the skid steer at 3 AM. More water than the 20 year neighbors had ever seen back there. Delayed work for a week.

Attachment Attached File

It all comes together after a few years..

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Current house patio project we had done almost four years ago.

Starting point
Attachment Attached File

The block
Attachment Attached File

In progress
Attachment Attached File

Open for business - post deck renovation
Attachment Attached File

Current state
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
What’s a good material to separate a flower bed from a lawn? What kind cost would I be looking at per 50 feet? Right now I have a divider made up of pieces  of wooden fence post sitting on end. It’s very old and starting to fall apart.
View Quote

Why not just shovel edge it, for free.

You can also use plastic edging. Which would require you to “trench” out a small area along the bed and use metal stakes to hold it into place. It’s relatively cheap like $20 per 50ft and lasts forever as long as the mower doesn’t get it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:46:56 PM EDT
[#17]

You can also use plastic edging. Which would require you to “trench” out a small area along the bed and use metal stakes to hold it into place. It’s relatively cheap like $20 per 50ft and lasts forever as long as the mower doesn’t get it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/D943194B-389D-4D0E-8A5D-C9C0F4041FCE_jpe-2387674.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346339/D943194B-389D-4D0E-8A5D-C9C0F4041FCE_jpe-2387674.JPG

Would  the plastic edging work if the flower beds are about 4 inches higher than the lawn?
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Would  the plastic edging work if the flower beds are about 4 inches higher than the lawn?
View All Quotes

Sure, I mean even if it’s on a slight slope it’s still going to work the same right.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top