Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2004 2:30:42 AM EDT
Run!  He's got a baseball bat!

Third Sydney home invasion in three days
May 8, 2004

Seven people were threatened with a baseball bat and forced to lie on the ground after a home invasion in Girraween in Sydney's west.

Police are searching for three men after the home invasion last night, the third such incident in Sydney in three nights.

The men, armed with a baseball bat, pistol and knife, broke into the house at about 9.30pm.

The seven occupants of the house were threatened and made to lie on the ground while thieves stole personal property and electrical equipment, including games consoles, a video camera, DVDs and computer games.

None of the occupants was injured during the break in and investigators were trying to establish how the offenders arrived and left the Girraween home.

One of the men was described as being of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern appearance, with a slim build and possibly a goatee.

The two other men might have been of Pacific Islander appearance and had their faces partially covered.

Police canvassed the area overnight and have asked anyone with information about the incident to contact Merrylands Police on 9897 4899 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

The invasion follows a similar incident in inner-city Alexandria yesterday, in which three men broke into a house.

Armed with a firearm, they threatened the two residents before stealing a laptop computer and escaping in the couple's BMW.

A day before, a 93-year-old woman was hit on the head with a hammer during a break-in at her son's Annandale home.

The three offenders also threatened the son and his wife with knives, before stealing jewellery and making off in the family's Audi coupe.

www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/08/1083911442723.html#
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Run!  He's got a baseball bat!

Third Sydney home invasion in three days

The men, armed with a baseball bat, pistol and knife, broke into the house at about 9.30pm.

I thought pistols were banned to stop crime?  Obviously they should ban hammers and baseball bats, to go along with pistols and swords.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Pathetic is appropriate.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Baseball bat? They should feel lucking it wasn't a board with a nail sticking out of it!

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
lucking???
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Solution to the home invasion robberies, ban baseball bats and hammers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Gun control in Australia is working wonderfully, for the criminals!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]
If the occupants would just reason with the buglers,
these misunderstood persons wouldn't have stolen anything and left peaceably to seek counsling.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Run! He's got a baseball bat!

By law, thats what we have to do when attacked.

I take it some people didnt notice that they were armed with a pistol and knife as well.

I thought pistols were banned to stop crime?

No, they banned some and regulated the rest more.

Gun control in Australia is working wonderfully, for the criminals!

Aint that the truth.

This occured a few suburbs over too... My cousin used to go to the High School there
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#10]
<The two other men might have been of Pacific Islander appearance and had their faces partially covered.>

somelike "he happened to be African American" over here?

Fucking PC assholes!

Dave
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
<The two other men might have been of Pacific Islander appearance and had their faces partially covered.>

somelike "he happened to be African American" over here?

Fucking PC assholes!

Dave

yes.  "pacific islanders" are the "african americans" of Australia.  There are really nice ones out there, but alot of troublemakers.  They are also HUGE so you dont mess with them.  They are usually the bouncers for clubs and pubs
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

By LAW, you are required to be a PUSSY?  

Surely, I misunderstood what you wrote.

By LAW, you are to comply with a CRIMINALS UNLAWFUL demand?  WTF??

And what happens if you beat the shit outa' the guy with the bat?  Let me guess, are you then the more evil of the two?  

Man that's WRONG.

It goes against all that is Holy, and nature itself.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By LAW, you are required to be a PUSSY?  

Surely, I misunderstood what you wrote.

By LAW, you are to comply with a CRIMINALS UNLAWFUL demand?  WTF??

And what happens if you beat the shit outa' the guy with the bat?  Let me guess, are you then the more evil of the two?  

Man that's WRONG.

It goes against all that is Holy, and nature itself.

By law, we are supposed to avoid confrontation, which means running.  We can only defend ourself if there is no other option.  If you do lay the smack down, you will get charged.  I know of a few cases where the person defended themself and they got charged
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top