Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2002 4:35:53 PM EDT
I'm not sure yet If I'm going to get the rifle I want I'm going to have to sell one of my last two firearms to get it. Earthier my Glock 22 that I have 7-10 rd mags  about 300+ rounds of ammo for.

Or my Mossburg 590A1 with speed feed stock ghost ring site's bayonet lug 500rds of 7.5 bird shot ,136 rounds of Sellier & Bellot 00 buckshot, 40 rounds of Federal hydra-shock low recoil HP slugs and last 128rds of Estate S.W.A.T. 00 buckshot load reduced recoil.

I just don't know what I should do save the 590 and hope that in the next few months I have the money to get the rifle I want? (I have been trying to save for about a year now.) Or sell the 590 and get the rifle right now ? What would you do?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Save your money and buy an M1A, best battle rifle in the world...

[sniper]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you use your Glock for self defense outside of your house? If not, then I would sell the Glock and keep the Mossberg for home defense. If you need the Glock for your car/concealed carry, I would keep Glock and sell the Mossberg. What type of rifle are you wanting to get? (preban/postban, AR I'm assuming) It would be preferable to keep the Glock and shotgun, but it you ABSOLUTELY must sell one, then look above and take the money you get and put it toward the rifle. You need to realize that when you sale a firearm (if it's for less then you paid), you will be losing money and that just makes the other guns more expensive because of this fact. Saving up for the rifle would be ideal. Maybe you could build you a budget AR from a lower and upper. Should be able to do it for less than $600 if you find some decent deals, depending on what you want. Probably not much help, just something to think about.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Save your money and buy an M1A, best battle rifle in the world...

[sniper]
View Quote

I think you meant the FAL as the best battle rifle in the world. [smoke]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
What Tayous said....

Oh WAIT FOT IT!! wait for it......it will come...

Never ever sell ever!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
GET THE RIFLE!!

Pump shotguns are a dime a dozen!

How long until the M1A or FAL gets
more expensive or harder to get?

Just think of how cheap FAL mags are now.

AR & M1A mags used to be cheap!

Many evil rifles used to be cheap.
These are still at the top of the Antis' list.
I wish I had the sense to buy more of them 10yrs ago before
all the gun grabbing liberals farcked everything up.

Get the rifle & many magazines now.

You can always get an 870/590/1300/Nova
later.  I don't think pump shotguns are high
on the Antis' lists, YET!

my $.02
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
You have to have a shotgun for home defense. Period!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info guy's on this it has helped.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#9]
If you sel it.... how much? i can always use a 590A1 in my collection.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you sel it.... how much? i can always use a 590A1 in my collection.
View Quote

I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking at least $300 for just the shotgun. It's the ammo that I think is going to pull the cost up. It's a lot of ammo about 804 rounds. So I don't know yet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top