Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 3:23:13 AM EDT
When I return to the states I will be moving to Idaho.
I am a Florida resident. It is my understanding that I can carry in Idaho with a FL permit.

How long does it take to get a permit in the gunshine state?

Can I get a Florida permit through the mail while I am here in Korea?

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:51:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Electronic fingerprinting can get you your permit in as little as a week and a half. I got mine before they did that, and it took nearly 80 days.

I cannot comment on the intercontinental part, though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:01:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I just looked up the info...
I will be coming back to Florida.
I sent away for the application package.
It may be best for me to fill out the forms and go to the local sherrif's office for the fingerprints when I get back.

I could probably get the cop shop on base to the fingerprints if I had to, and send in the card.
A notary is available at the legal office on base too, if needed.

I think being in the military automatically cuts out the training requirement. I am also an NRA certified range safety officer.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I just sent in a request for an application package for the wife and myself.  She surprised me when she told me that she also wanted one when I told her I planned on getting a CCW when we get to Tyndall.

pv74 where are you headed after Korea?

76 more days to go.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:04:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just sent in a request for an application package for the wife and myself.  She surprised me when she told me that she also wanted one when I told her I planned on getting a CCW when we get to Tyndall.

pv74 where are you headed after Korea?

76 more days to go.

I will fly into Palm Beach, Florida to pick up my truck at my parent's house.
Drive to NJ, where I stashed my wife....
Then it's off to Mountain Home AFB, ID

Outa here in April
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#6]
01 Apr 06
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I strongly urge you to NOT get a CCL permit!!!!  Why? Because you'll spend a not-so-small fortune on the following: better/different holsters, better/different CCWs, etc. etc.    
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just looked up the info...
I will be coming back to Florida.
I sent away for the application package.
It may be best for me to fill out the forms and go to the local sherrif's office for the fingerprints when I get back.

I could probably get the cop shop on base to the fingerprints if I had to, and send in the card.
A notary is available at the legal office on base too, if needed.

I think being in the military automatically cuts out the training requirement. I am also an NRA certified range safety officer.

Did mine a couple years back all by mail. Send a DD214 to satisfy training requirements.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I strongly urge you to NOT get a CCL permit!!!!  Why? Because you'll spend a not-so-small fortune on the following: better/different holsters, better/different CCWs, etc. etc.    

So I'm not the only one with a box full of slightly used holsters...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Get it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Get it.

+1

I live in AZ where open carry is legal too, it's just nice to not have to worry about your gun being in plain sight all the time
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I swear, I will never again make fun of a woman's shoe collection!!!!!    
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Mt. Home is a great duty station! Great fishing, hunting, and lots of places to shoot!

Thanks for your service!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I swear, I will never again make fun of a woman's shoe collection!!!!!    

My S&W 66 4" is one of my favorite handguns.
I am thinking of this little number for the holster..

www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=6D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top