Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 1:15:42 AM EDT
Hey guys. I'm thinking of building a deer blind to put on my property. It's either that or buy one, and some of those damn things are freakin expensive. Have any of you guys ever built one before? What kinda cost for materials are we talking? (for both a single and double). Do any of you guys have the building plans/blueprints you'd be willing to share? pictures of your blind?? any help would be muchly appreciated!!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:29:49 AM EDT
Use camoflage clothing and be still. Save your money. Building a blind limits you to one area. I use a homemade ghillie suit and stand with my back to a tree. A deer hunting ghillie suit doesn't need to be as elaborate as the tactical type suit. If deer aren't moving by the blind area you are out of luck.

In my 40 years of deer hunting, I've never climbed a tree to hunt. It would make me feel too restricted and unable to move to the deers location. YMMV Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:36:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Use camoflage clothing and be still. Save your money. Building a blind limits you to one area. I use a homemade ghillie suit and stand with my back to a tree. A deer hunting ghillie suit doesn't need to be as elaborate as the tactical type suit. If deer aren't moving by the blind area you are out of luck.

In my 40 years of deer hunting, I've never climbed a tree to hunt. It would make me feel too restricted and unable to move to the deers location. YMMV Good luck!

i myself usually hunt on foot as well.....but when on a small piece of unwooded property, which, the spot i have picked out sits higher than all of the surrounding area...i think a blind would work better, not to mention it might actually help make illegals think twice before coming down my draw if theres a "tower" there. then again, it may backfire and i may have illegals sleepin in it, LOL.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:43:50 AM EDT
Illegals. Hunting blind. Heck yeah! Do you trophy hunt or eat 'em? Could you imagine the surprise on their faces if you were to snipe them with a paintball gun from a blind?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:55:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Illegals. Hunting blind. Heck yeah! Do you trophy hunt or eat 'em? Could you imagine the surprise on their faces if you were to snipe them with a paintball gun from a blind?

LOL!!!! man, you might be onto something......you wanna be my partner, we may have just uncovered a 6 figure income for us both.....charge admission "come shoot an illegal" billboard up on the highway......AWESOME!!

Top Top