Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 4:39:50 PM EDT
I figure after hunting season when it is cold and there isn't much to do, I am going to try to get a part time job to work nights on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Though the thought of working 70+ hours a week kinda sucks but I have starting thinking about all of the cool guns I could own and it suddenly looks a tad bit easier.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
are you asking a question?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Get ahead that way for sure, make sure the second job is easy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
are you asking a question?

Nahh just rambling
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quit drinking beer.  Only drink tap water.  That will save you millions.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah I am thinking waiting tables or working as a nighttime cashier at a grocery store.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
in that case get a night or weekend job doing security, its really easy and usually pays decent.

and if you work at the right place you can be a real MALL NINJA! real ultimate power not included
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Get a job that gets you tips if you're working Fri, Sat & Sun nights.  Those are good tip nights.

EDIT: My brotherwho's a normal every day office professional cube dog does pizza delivery on Friday nights.  The pizza places need the help and drunks can often give very big tips.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Get a job that gets you tips if you're working Fri, Sat & Sun nights.  Those are good tip nights.

SInce I live in a college town I figure I can try to get a job at one of the big chain restaurants and make at least $100 a night.  Working means I wouldn't have the time to waste money either.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a second job working at a hobby shop. It's a couple three hours in the morning and I don't get paid shit, but I get the discount and I get to hang out with airplane nuts all day long. And part of my job is to Demo airplanes and such...

GT
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#10]
you should just cut down trees while out out on the job and sell them for firewood
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]
there's lots of national guard and marine reserves in the area, no nobler calling than defending your country as a citizen soldier
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
you should just cut down trees while out out on the job and sell them for firewood

Actually myself and a friend are trying to set up a non-profit organization to cut firewood and deliver the wood to elderly.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually myself and a friend are trying to set up a non-profit organization to cut firewood and deliver the wood to elderly.  

I'll tell you, a firewood delivery service could make a bundle up here....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll tell you, a firewood delivery service could make a bundle up here....

No kidding?  A pickup load will run about $35-$45 bucks down here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I was going to suggest that very thing!

eta go to a sawmill and get the butts and ends. That way you wont have to stack brush and you can work on solid ground.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I am thinking waiting tables or working as a nighttime cashier at a grocery store.

A good waiter can make some serious cash. One restaurant client of mine, some of the waiters were making  in excess of $60K.

Just be sure to declare all your tips.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A good waiter can make some serious cash. One restaurant client of mine, some of the waiters were making  in excess of $60K.

Damn!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Life's too short for two jobs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Life's too short for two jobs.

Yeah but I would bet that they guys that have the most toys, also work more than one job.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Processed firewood up here goes for like $60 -$70 up a full size pick up load.

Prolly because of Wintergreen?

Danny
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!  

And that was ONLY their declared income.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!  

And don't drink the profit.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!  

Danny

What you talking about?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!  

Danny

What you talking about?

Someone else must have posted that because I'm in bed... I have to help a friend change a barrel tomorrow and I need to be my best for that.

Danny

Good Night!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!  

Danny

What you talking about?

Someone else must have posted that because I'm in bed... I have to help a friend change a barrel tomorrow and I need to be my best for that.

Danny

Good Night!

Later...........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top