Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/2/2004 1:03:11 AM EDT
Its fast, seats 4 or 5 in a pinch, can hold a corner like a sports car or go off road a little. I of course have to drive one around and see if I fit in it comfortably and all that, but tell me what you know about them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Just get a disposable car.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Nah, not my style. I don't tend to crash vehicles or anything, and I like performance.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, not my style. I don't tend to crash vehicles or anything, and I like performance.

I didnt use to.

I do like the ability to hit stuff if needed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thats what the body shop is for

I know how you feel though. I drive a truck right now, with steel bumpers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Geez and I thought this thread was going to be about 1911's. This aint no car forum!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:13:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what the body shop is for

I know how you feel though. I drive a truck right now, with steel bumpers.

Body work gets expensive and they tried to fuck me over, that explains why my one car never got  fixed at one, I did it myself except I couldnt get 1 part I needed to get it 100%.

Im just waiting to get hit again now, hopefully in the same place.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:13:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Look into a Baja, and see if you can mod it like a WRX.  Haul balls and your shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Geez and I thought this thread was going to be about 1911's. This aint no car forum!

We should have a car forum. Hell, I'll give Goatboy $300 and offer to mod it if he'll make us a car forum.

I want the other kind of STi too
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:15:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Look into a Baja, and see if you can mod it like a WRX.  Haul balls and your shit.

Dude, that thing fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! But, the top of the line model has the same engine as the WRX STI, meaning the same mods could work for it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:15:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We should have a car forum. Hell, I'll give Goatboy $300 and offer to mod it if he'll make us a car forum.

You sure you want to be in charge of lots of 6 page FordvsChevyvsDodge threads
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:16:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, that thing fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! But, the top of the line model has the same engine as the WRX STI, meaning the same mods could work for it.

Just get an old El Camino if you want that.

We all know what El Camino means right?

It means The Camino.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:18:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Lol, it means "The Road", usually I think as a rural highway. You see "The Mexican" too?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just get an old El Camino if you want that.

It means The Camino.

I do want an El Camino.  They were the shit.  Talk about something I would give my left nut for...well, maybe my right one.  But it has to be in absolutely immaculent condition...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:20:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol, it means "The Road", usually I think as a rural highway. You see "The Mexican" too?

No I never saw that.

I just call then The Caminos.

I nearly got one, but didnt like the feel of it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I could take care of that for you.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:23:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feel free to ram the car, passenger side, from the front.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heh, I had to get my plastic Honda fixed a couple of months ago..  some genius was parked on the side of the road and decided to back into my bank's driveway right as I was turning into it.  Nothing I could do but let him hit me.  

$1000 worth of damage from a <5mph collision.  At least his insurance took care of it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:30:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heh, I had to get my plastic Honda fixed a couple of months ago..  some genius was parked on the side of the road and decided to back into my bank's driveway right as I was turning into it.  Nothing I could do but let him hit me.  

$1000 worth of damage from a <5mph collision.  At least his insurance took care of it.

$7500 dollars worth of of damage to mine in 2 wrecks.  Plus $2200 of damamge to me.  Like my car Im also not 100% repaired.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:31:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Get one of these...90% of the parts on this are off the shelf. It uses a 500HP 5L DOHC V-8.

S.O.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:32:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$7500 dollars worth of of damage to mine in 2 wrecks.  Plus $2200 of damamge to me.  Like my car Im also not 100% repaired.

Ouch.  

What make of car?  And do you at least get some good pain pills for the bodily injury?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:33:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

i was like "seats 4 or 5?"  how do you seat people in a 1911?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:34:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:34:42 AM EDT
[#23]
95 Chevy Impala SS.  With a 6 day old new paint job on it.

I didnt get any painpills at all.  Take Tyenol, and I still hurt from time to time.

They could have atleast given me a bottle of Perc 10s.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:39:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Get one of these...90% of the parts on this are off the shelf. It uses a 500HP 5L DOHC V-8.

forums.pimprig.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11634
www.brothersperformance.com/newsletter/MustangGTR/images/big/GTR-005.jpg
www.brothersperformance.com/newsletter/MustangGTR/images/big/GTR-020.jpg
S.O.

Jesus, they have already riced out the new Mustang.  And all this time I thought there was a shred of hope left for humanity...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:39:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I didnt get any painpills at all.  Take Tyenol, and I still hurt from time to time.

That's terrible.  Have you considered hunting this person down and giving them some proper...  ventilation?

I've been lucky with my Hondas.  I had another one before my current ride, and in a fit of utter stupidity, I totalled it.  A couple of minor cuts, some hellish bruises across my chest and stomach (from the seatbelt), and a mild concussion.  I was fine within a couple of weeks.

I figured that the Honda was made well enough that it probably at least saved me from long-term injury, if not saved my life outright.  So, I bought another one.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:40:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:41:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's terrible.  Have you considered hunting this person down and giving them some proper...  ventilation?

I've been lucky with my Hondas.  I had another one before my current ride, and in a fit of utter stupidity, I totalled it.  A couple of minor cuts, some hellish bruises across my chest and stomach (from the seatbelt), and a mild concussion.  I was fine within a couple of weeks.

I figured that the Honda was made well enough that it probably at least saved me from long-term injury, if not saved my life outright.  So, I bought another one.  

Its not that big of a deal anymore at the time I was pissed, the 2nd hit I was really pissed.  3rd and 4th ones (on my 78 TA) just made me quit giving a damn about it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:44:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roger that.  Big let down

I'm sorry I let you down Lumpy, on a bright note, I just finished mounting my new Tacpoint on my G19 and now I'm gonna put my lasers on it!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:50:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean Sexually Transmitted infection?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:50:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roger that.  Big let down

I imagine it would be about as easy as those clips I keep hearing about being inserted into a 1911.

I would like to see the magic shoehorn that puts this:

Into this:

It would be a bitch of a fit.  God help the person who shoots it too, with that recoil and all....
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean Sexually Transmitted infection?

You can get one of those for $20 in the right part of town.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:52:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

forums.pimprig.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11634
www.brothersperformance.com/newsletter/MustangGTR/images/big/GTR-005.jpg
www.brothersperformance.com/newsletter/MustangGTR/images/big/GTR-020.jpg
S.O.

Jesus, they have already riced out the new Mustang.  And all this time I thought there was a shred of hope left for humanity...

How is that riced out? All the parts on that car have a REAL purpouse, to go around a track REAL FAST. It's a street legal race car.

S.O.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:54:22 AM EDT
[#33]
If I get something fast I'm gonna be saying "Sorry Officer" a lot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:54:56 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Its not that big of a deal anymore at the time I was pissed, the 2nd hit I was really pissed.  3rd and 4th ones (on my 78 TA) just made me quit giving a damn about it.

I've had a couple of near misses since the bank incident.  I love the Pacific NW, but before I moved here, I had no idea people could be so absent-minded behind the wheel.  At least in CA, you can expect people to drive like maniacs and cut you off, etc.  Here, you just never know when some honors student is going to decide to make a turn from the middle lane, or stop dead in their tracks to give a handout to a homeless guy, or...  the list is endless.  

eta:
Oh and for the record, my Honda is stock.  No ricer crap for me, and I hate those god damn loud tailpipes.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had a couple of near misses since the bank incident.  I love the Pacific NW, but before I moved here, I had no idea people could be so absent-minded behind the wheel.  At least in CA, you can expect people to drive like maniacs and cut you off, etc.  Here, you just never know when some honors student is going to decide to make a turn from the middle lane, or stop dead in their tracks to give a handout to a homeless guy, or...  the list is endless.  

eta:
Oh and for the record, my Honda is stock.  No ricer crap for me, and I hate those god damn loud tailpipes.

Um that happens here too.  I had them stop on the interstate then go again for no visable reason.

Plus lots of other things.

Both times my TA was hit I was sitting still, neither had insurance either
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:03:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Um that happens here too.  I had them stop on the interstate then go again for no visable reason.

At this point, I'm convinced that a good 70-80% of the population drives with their eyes closed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:05:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At this point, I'm convinced that a good 70-80% of the population drives with their eyes closed.

I saw a study once where 70% of drivers polled described their driving as "above average".
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:05:22 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ride a motorcycle.  Your numbers mentioned will seem  drastically lower than reality after your experience.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:10:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ride a motorcycle.  Your numbers mentioned will seem  drastically lower than reality after your experience.

I'm working on it. I gotta take the MSF course first. Right now I ride my old GS500E on my driveway and a short county road that has next to no traffic.

The quickest way to make a person into an idiot involves car keys
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:11:49 AM EDT
[#40]
^^^^
Boy, you're not kidding!

Almost got hit twice by the fair (Puyallup) about a month ago. Two cars, one right after the other, tried to merge into me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw a study once where 70% of drivers polled described their driving as "above average".

Yeah, and there's a bridge across the Atlantic, too!

Granted, I haven't always been the safest and most considerate driver (in my youth mainly), but with only 1 exception, I haven't done anything terribly stupid, either.  And there was no one else around when that exception occurred.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way!  Life sucks and all, but breathing still seems like a good idea.  At least for a while.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:15:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
^^^^
Boy, you're not kidding!

Almost got hit twice by the fair (Puyallup) about a month ago. Two cars, one right after the other, tried to merge into me.

I am not a threat to sport bikes. I am a threat to other cars when a sportbike is around, cause I'm too busy watchig the bike

I was following a guy on a CBR600RR today, I quit when he busted past 90 in heavy traffic. I stopped at 80. He was still accelerating.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:16:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

No way!  Life sucks and all, but breathing still seems like a good idea.  At least for a while.

Read my sig line
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:17:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read my sig line

Its not the getting killed part that bothers me, I just dont want to get really fucked up and live.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:23:38 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read my sig line

I just want the chance to do a lot of shooting before my final day, whenever it may be.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I just want the chance to do a lot of shooting before my final day, whenever it may be.

Hell, if you're doing it right, you'll be shooting right till the end
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, if you're doing it right, you'll be shooting right till the end

Pardon my French, but..

Touche!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:50:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I've been looking at those too. I like the WRX a little more because of the sunroof and that I
plan on driving it everyday.
The STI is basically a factory race car.
The Porsche guys hate those cars because they can stomp their ass and spend only 30K instead of
70K and up.
The STI is extremely fast and unless you have the money falling out of your pockets, they will probably
only let you drive a WRX, which is extremely fast too.
Subarus are good cars that Ford and Chevy should be making.
I, for one, am tired of making excuses for American car companies making inferior crap and hiding
behind the flag while doing it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:46:50 AM EDT
[#50]
I have a WRX and like it a lot, though gas mileage kinda sucks for the size of the car.  Of course my right foot may share some blame there.  The STI is a great car but I can't stand that wing on the back.  Have you looked at the new Legacy GTs.  Cheaper than the STI but much nicer and more roomy inside with 250hp.  I like those a lot.

www.modernracer.com/subarulegacygt.html
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top