Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2009 4:03:36 PM EDT
Just looking for a little truck to screw around with out in the desert....currently have an Isuzu Hombre - its kinda a POS and more and more things keep failing...I'd like to upgrade.

The specimen at hand looks really clean.  
4x4
Auto
4.0 V6
Extended Cab

Only issues I noticed were a whining power steering pump - when I checked the fluid it was a little low.  I've heard whining PS pumps were common, but I am wondering why its low?  
Wouldnt imagine it to be an expensive part.

Anyone with one of these care to chime in?  a ranger variant as well.

Asking 3100

I understand the mileage is supposed to be pretty poor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:08:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2009 4:08:30 PM EDT by Izzman]
$3100 for that truck seems waaaay out of line.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:08:40 PM EDT
That is alot of $$ for a 15yrs old ford ranger. The power steering may have a leak, and the whining is usually just air in the system (needs bleeding).
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:15:59 PM EDT
Just buy a fucking Ranger. Same thing.  

What is the deal with the Mazda's and the Rangers??  Did Mazda buy the design to use or what??  What is the point of rebadging a ford ranger??

I'm curious, I own a 2004 Ranger BTW
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:17:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jnk556:

What is the deal with the Mazda's and the Rangers??  Did Mazda buy the design to use or what??  What is the point of rebadging a ford ranger??

Ford had a share in Mazda back then, but now iirc not anymore.

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:17:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jnk556:

Mazda is owned by Ford.

The B-series and the Ranger have had some cross-over (in both directions) for some time...

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:40:22 PM EDT
Too much you say?  ...  

After looking at my local Craigslist....I found 98+'s in the 2-3k range...  hmm   Maybe I was pricing out Tacomas too much :)  

It IS really clean though, always an AZ truck, origional owner, etc..   The bad mileage and auto is not exactly what i want, and the PS whine made me worry...  Other than that Its exactly what I'm looking for.  

Any suggestions for a reliable, small truck/SUV around that price?
Top Top