Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2009 4:03:36 PM EDT
Just looking for a little truck to screw around with out in the desert....currently have an Isuzu Hombre - its kinda a POS and more and more things keep failing...I'd like to upgrade.

The specimen at hand looks really clean.  
4x4
Auto
4.0 V6
Extended Cab

Only issues I noticed were a whining power steering pump - when I checked the fluid it was a little low.  I've heard whining PS pumps were common, but I am wondering why its low?  
Wouldnt imagine it to be an expensive part.

Anyone with one of these care to chime in?  a ranger variant as well.

Asking 3100

I understand the mileage is supposed to be pretty poor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
$3100 for that truck seems waaaay out of line.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
That is alot of $$ for a 15yrs old ford ranger. The power steering may have a leak, and the whining is usually just air in the system (needs bleeding).
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Just buy a fucking Ranger. Same thing.  

What is the deal with the Mazda's and the Rangers??  Did Mazda buy the design to use or what??  What is the point of rebadging a ford ranger??

I'm curious, I own a 2004 Ranger BTW
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What is the deal with the Mazda's and the Rangers??  Did Mazda buy the design to use or what??  What is the point of rebadging a ford ranger??

Ford had a share in Mazda back then, but now iirc not anymore.

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Mazda is owned by Ford.

The B-series and the Ranger have had some cross-over (in both directions) for some time...

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Too much you say?  ...  

After looking at my local Craigslist....I found 98+'s in the 2-3k range...  hmm   Maybe I was pricing out Tacomas too much :)  

It IS really clean though, always an AZ truck, origional owner, etc..   The bad mileage and auto is not exactly what i want, and the PS whine made me worry...  Other than that Its exactly what I'm looking for.  

Any suggestions for a reliable, small truck/SUV around that price?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top