Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 8:29:17 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Before the year is out I would like to buy an Auto-Ordnance WWII replica tommy gun. They offer a non-firing version for 800.00.  New for 2004 is a version of the M1 that has a short barrel and it looks real close to the one used in WWII.  The current production version has a longer barrel (16 1/2),is a little cheaper, but looks a little out of place when compared to the short BBL one.

I'm having a little dilemma deciding which one to get. How much of a hassle is it to get an ok for possessing a SBR?

And for those members who collect military arms which would you choose between the two versions? I sure can't afford an original!

THX

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd save my money and move out of Maryland.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:48:09 AM EDT
[#2]
$800 for a non-firing replica?  Maybe I just don't get it, but if I needed to get rid of that much cash I'd get something I could send some rounds through.

Maybe I'm just not connecting with the motivation here.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:23:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I definitly wouldn't waste my money on a non-firing replica since the 16" non-NFA version can be had for a little more.

I recently did my first SBR (HK USC) and it only took three months to get my form 1 back. It was a long wait, but in the end I'm glad I did it. I'd say go for the SBR M1 or you could buy the 16" version and convert it yourself later on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have any interest in buying the non-firing replica. I was just mentioning itin passing.  The two versions I was thinking about only differ in barrel length plus they "work"  . Both use stick mags .

Even if a non-firing replica was "only" 100.00 I wouldn't buy it let alone pay 800.00.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Do the SBR. You'll be glad you did.

talk to local Chief LEO and make sure he will sign off.
Then need photo, fingerprints, ATF form, Chief LEO signature. Send it all in to ATF and wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top