Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 4:23:53 PM EDT
I've got a Springfield 1911 A1 that I'm making into a house "combat" gun. It's got Novak's low pro sites on it now but they are useless in the dark. What kind of nite sites do you guys use? I want to stay with a low profile to prevent snags on a draw if possible.

With a few bucks invested, this gun has become a fantastic shooter and ultra reliable (not one jam in over 1K rounds). It is lacking in one area though, night engagement.

Give me your thoughts
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I've got a Glock w/ Trijicons, another Glock w/ Mepros. I like the Mepros better than the Trijicons, they are brighter. And yes, the sights are approximately the same age. I have been tossing around the idea of putting some Heine Straight Eight [url]www.heinie.com/1911sights.htm[/url] sights on my Springfield 1911A1.

Hope this helps

Jamie
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I just had the Novak sights on my stainless 1911-A1 replaced with Novak's with Trijicon night sights with the white donuts instead of the bar on the rear and I couldn't be happier.  I also had the same sights put on a Kimber Pro-carry over a year ago and they are still bright as new.  Whatever you do don't send your pistol back to Springfield for the "upgrade" because you won't get the white outline around the tritium inserts and they are also very dim net the the Trijicons.
Also, the night sights that come on stock Kimbers... the ones everybody complains about, are made be Metprolight.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't the know the brand of sites that came on the Kimber CDP, but I think they kick some serious butt!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, I've got a Glock w/ Trijicons, another Glock w/ Mepros. I like the Mepros better than the Trijicons, they are brighter. And yes, the sights are approximately the same age. I have been tossing around the idea of putting some Heine Straight Eight [url]www.heinie.com/1911sights.htm[/url] sights on my Springfield 1911A1.

Hope this helps

Jamie
View Quote

I've got Meprolites on a Glock and Trijicons on a Beretta. I like them both but, I like the Mepros a little better also.

I've never seen Novaks with tritium inserts, anyone got a link?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for Trijis.

FWIW - PTs blow.

I have both

Also have 2 sets of ashleys - they are worth a look too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top