Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 5:48:24 PM EDT
Just started my new job yesterday, as counselor at a state prison up her in North Georgia.  Finished a two day intro training session today, during which I found out that 1) the training officer is a military gun nut who has three ARs now, and about to build a fourth; 2) the range just outside the prison walls is open to members of the staff gun club after hours (club dues, $10 a year), 3)the offer we put on an all brick house on a snall dead end lane, only 20 minutes from work, with nothing but deer loaded woods behind it, was accepted, so that 5) I can get the the hell out of crime and pollutuion loaded Atlanta in 6 weeks.

Am I happy?  Look at the thread title and decide for yourself[:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, since you are dead, please forward me the contact info for your executor so I may make application to have your guns?

(OK, that was pretty heartless of me. I shoulda waited at least a day or two after your "passing.")

[:D]

Nice to hear about your good fortune. ENJOY!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations [b]shamayim[/b]! Happy to hear your [s]good[/s] great news, sorry that we may not see you at future shoots. Don't forget us, come back for a visit every now and again!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
wow, at least someone has a decent life!

I'm happy for you!

[beer]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations! Sounds like a sweet deal. When I went to basic and AIT at Ft. Benning I flew into Atlanta and the part of it that I saw was pretty nasty, but when you get away from there it is a beutiful state.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Not quite heaven. Now if it was a prison for wayward show girls, that would be heaven!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not quite heaven. Now if it was a prison for wayward show girls, that would be heaven!
View Quote

Actually, one of my "almost" interviews was at a woman's prison.  The clowns had four of us, all there for the same job, sitting in the same hallway waiting for them to decide who to talk to next. After sitting there for a hour and a half past my appointment time, I said the hell with it, lodged a complaint w/ the Human Resources Mgr., and walked out.

In retrospect, I'm glad I did. Quite happy w/the lady I have at home, plus, fooling around w/a prisoner in Georgia gets you free admission to a men's prison---as an inmate[:D]

Rather have the range access anyway[:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations, Dude!
I hope you enjoy your new job/situation
Hope it pays well, too (more guns! [;D])
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:57:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a problem equating prison w/ Heaven. Congrats on your new job and subsequent move to the country.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a problem equating prison w/ Heaven. Congrats on your new job and subsequent move to the country.
View Quote

OK OK, so for 40 hours a week I'm not in heaven; but rather putting in some time in purgatory to get to heaven for the rest of it.[:D]

But at least in that purgatory I get to do the kind of work I trained for, and did for 20 years.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats, that rocks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top