Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 3:00:17 PM EDT
Anyone here got one?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]

nice looking dogs
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My neighbors have one.  She is black and brown, kinda tiger striped.  She can get under my gate and in my dog door.  I like her but she makes a lot of noise.  Very snorty and snores.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Had an English.  

Wife and I want a Frenchie.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
how much are they?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
how much are they?

Here in Da ATL (Atlanta), they run around $1500.00
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
wow thats alot, they run about the same cost as a english bulldog

a neibor has one and it makes alot of noise and tries to go after my husky, oh well,
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Go the shelter and adopt a dog.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]
does it have a reverse gear?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.frenchbulldog411.com/photos/french8.jpg

nice looking dogs

Must be one of those eye of the beholder things.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#10]
An old guy that lived around the corner from us had two.  During the winter, he would dress them up in what looked like leather S&M outfits - I guess to keep them warm - when he took them for walks.  They were cute dogs, but the three of them together was quite a sight.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#11]
a dog with french in it's breed?

What... does it come with a white flag draped from it's tail?

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1

Best dogs I've ever owned were strays or on death row in the pound.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

well this'll be my first so I dunno bout that....  also have a max size limit in my apt, and I dunno how many dogs within that limit, that can live in an apt, will be at a pound....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Get a Brooklyn dog.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Is that like a normal bulldog, only that it won't fight?

Sounds good from a liability standpoint.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

well this'll be my first so I dunno bout that....  also have a max size limit in my apt, and I dunno how many dogs within that limit, that can live in an apt, will be at a pound....

Lost Dog Rescue in Fairfax is where we got one of ours:

DEFINITELY ADOPT!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Lost Dog Rescue in Fairfax is where we got one of ours:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=32918

DEFINITELY ADOPT!

good link.  I actually have lotsa time tomorrow I'll head out there and talk to some people there...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a 100lb German Shepard.  Maybe my dog play with your dog.  My dog will take over your yard and have his way with all your dogs.

Just kidding.   I love those little dogs, two next door, they are cute.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#19]
wha'ts up with that website having a million beagles?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
wha'ts up with that website having a million beagles?

Every family wants a beagle because they are "cute".

They don't realize that:

1.) They are sporting dogs and need TONS of excersize.
2.) They kinda smell.

GREAT dogs though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]
chapperjoe,

Yep, my wife and I have a Frenchy named "Bubba". He will be three years old in April. Looks very much like the pic.

I have to tell you, he is one of the best dogs I have ever had. What a personality!  As far as apartment dogs go, they are great for that as they don't need a whole lot of room and exercise.

They can be very expensive and really research the health problems inherent in flat faced dogs, bulldogs in particular. We didn't know a thing about this until we got him. Take a look at the French Bulldog Club of America - there is a lot of information on their website and many others I am sure.

I really never thought I could become so attached to a dog like I have. He is one great dog.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
chapperjoe,

Yep, my wife and I have a Frenchy named "Bubba". He will be three years old in April. Looks very much like the pic.

I have to tell you, he is one of the best dogs I have ever had. What a personality!  As far as apartment dogs go, they are great for that as they don't need a whole lot of room and exercise.

They can be very expensive and really research the health problems inherent in flat faced dogs, bulldogs in particular. We didn't know a thing about this until we got him. Take a look at the French Bulldog Club of America - there is a lot of information on their website and many others I am sure.

I really never thought I could become so attached to a dog like I have. He is one great dog.

I've got no less than three vets within walking distance cause dogs are really popular here...  before I do anything, I'm gonna head on over to vert to talk about potential breeds....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#23]
The French Bulldog looks like a Boston Terror, that’s what we have. There a great dog and a lot less money.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:45:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Is it true they run when confronted by cats?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Frenchies are cool, they are like a Boston Terrier on Steriods
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Is it true they run when confronted by cats?

I figure with the word "french" in their name, they'd start to shake and tremble at just the mention of "cat".

MLW>"<
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top