Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 10/11/2007 6:22:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2007 6:22:39 AM EST by NCPatrolAR]
1. Buy a blue light for your vehicle
2. Install said light inside vehicle
3. Drive down the Interstate trying to pull people over with blue light
4. Try to pull over off-duty police officers (especially ones just getting off of work)
5 Act surprise when you get pulled over by the real police and are arrested for impersonating an officer and ccw

That is all
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:23:16 AM EST
ok.. IM ready.. what sthe story ..

did he get beat down .. ?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:23:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:28:43 AM EST
Tagged for "CCW Permit Badge" goodness!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:29:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By cluster:
ok.. IM ready.. what sthe story ..

did he get beat down .. ?

Pretty much how I explained it. Off-duty officer was headed home on the interstate when he radios in (on hand-held radio, no take-home car for him) that a pick-up truck pulled in behind him and blue-lighted him. When he failed to stop, the traffic switched lanes and passed him. Officer begins to follow the truck while calling in updates of his position. Truck exits interstate and heads down into a neighborhood where marked units catch up to him and get him stopped. No beatings occured... just an arrest and someone getting ready to lose their CCH permit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:36:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By DzlBenz:

No CCW permit badge was involved. Only rampant stupidity (not the first time we've seen this either)
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:38:12 AM EST
What is the perp's goal? Money?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:38:47 AM EST
Hey I did that once, it was good times!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:40:09 AM EST
Maybe they should forget to tell his future cell mates the "pretend" part when they say he used to be a cop?

What??? They want all the benefits but none of the shit??
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:40:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

No CCW permit badge was involved. Only rampant stupidity (not the first time we've seen this either)
Dang.

The M.O. for this type of activity in these parts usually involves rape. I've never heard of it involving a CCW in the KC metro area, but then again CCW is pretty new here.

Several years ago, I called the police on a kid in my neighborhood that had an ex-KCMO PD Crown Vic. He thought it was fun to drive around at night and spotlight into houses. Fucker.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:41:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2007 6:47:30 AM EST by SmilingBandit]

4. Try to pull over off-duty police officers (especially ones just getting off of work)
5 Act surprise when you get pulled over by the real police and are arrested for impersonating an officer and ccw

That is all

I have number 1 and 2. Have done 3 and have had on duty officers pull over.

I have, however, refrained from doing the same the few times I've been driving PD cruisers.

ETA: I'm a volunteer firefighter, it's legit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:43:47 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:43:56 AM EST

That is all

Learned your lesson huh
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:44:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By JCKnife:

I wasnt there for the interview. I was busy helping knock the windows out of a guy's car in order to extract him and 27 ounces of Crack
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:45:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By rcsguns:
When I first took my class in Texas (1993 I think) the old timer was adamant about buying and displaying a CHL "badge" complete with Leather holder up on your dash. Of course he had a box of them for sale too. He also preached that you should flash that badge when the cops show up so you won't get "shot".

Of course I thought he was full of shit. Displaying that badge on your dash is a sure fire way to
a.) attract somebody to your car and get your stuff stolen
b.) get a beatdown with a 6D maglight from the POPO
c.) be the laughing stock of the local PD guys

I told him that the best way to not get shot when the POPO shows up is to RE CONCEAL your weapon (after the threat is gone).

When we teach CCH classes, we threaten to pull people's certificates if we see them with a CCH badge. Of course we cant do this, but we are trying to stop the stupid people from doing something even more dumbier.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:47:00 AM EST

I wasnt there for the interview. I was busy helping knock the windows out of a guy's car in order to extract him and 27 ounces of Crack
Holy shit!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:48:05 AM EST

Holy shit!

It was obviously evidence he had confiscated.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:46:37 PM EST
Dying to know - did he try to "cite" the cop? Or was it a female cop he targeted for rape or something?

Either way, I'm glad he got caught. Probably many people he victimized before he got caught.

We had some wannabees where I grew up, CB antennas, buzz cut, emblems on the car, etc. Would play cop on you. Though I supposed the one could actually have been off-duty, it just didn't ring true.

I got red-lighted on a deserted two-lane highway one night, probably some teen-agers. I about the same age at the time, but in my rea-view, from the dim red light that seemed to be at dashboard-level, and in the center, it looked fake as hell 9no siren, either), so I just kept going. I figured if it was a real one, others would soon arrive to prove the point.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:12:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By prk:
Dying to know - did he try to "cite" the cop? Or was it a female cop he targeted for rape or something?

It was a male officer he tried to stop. When the officer wouldnt stop, the suspect sped past him and tried to get away.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:39:27 PM EST
The really important question though... Is his dog ok?
Top Top