Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/30/2011 5:09:18 AM EDT
We have had a long running thread on Things you have found in the woods and one on Things you have learned in the woods, how about a thread on "Things you have LOST in the woods?"

To start it off, I have lost several things growing up in the woods.  First was a old buck fixed blade knife given to me by my grandfather.  The snap on the sheath never worked right and it came undone while I was on a hike.  I went over ever square mile of ground and never found it.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#1]
My virginity
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Myself.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Remington 700 in 30-06, Leupold VX II.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:15:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I lost a grunt call.  Found it the next year.

When I was about 7 or 8, I lost a swim mask in a lake.  I found it the next year.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#5]
flashlight, deer drag, turkey calls, and arrows(on a couple deer i missed)
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Jimmy Hoffa.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:18:19 AM EDT
[#7]
In 1988 i was riding my KX80,i had my wallet in my back pocket when i took off(forgot to take it out).I had $166- in it,and the wallet was nylon velcro,.CAMO pattern .
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:18:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Uco Candle Lantern on a backpacking trip.

Camo headnet for archery hunting during tracking my friends deer in the thickest rhododendron patch you'd ever seen. I found it a year later doing wetlands delineation work. Crawled right up on it and found only one small hole where a mouse chewed through.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#9]
My first Boy Scout knife at Camp Monocan way back in late 60's, early 70's.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We have had a long running thread on Things you have found in the woods and one on Things you have learned in the woods, how about a thread on "Things you have LOST in the woods?"

To start it off, I have lost several things growing up in the woods.  First was a old buck fixed blade knife given to me by my grandfather.  The snap on the sheath never worked right and it came undone while I was on a hike.  I went over ever square mile of ground and never found it.  

I musta missed the "things learned in the woods" thread? The "things found in the woods" was great.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I jumped off my Cavalry Fighting Vehicle to take a shit and my car keys fell out of my pocket.  One and only time I lost my car keys.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:27:31 AM EDT
[#12]
A small patch of skin when I pulled my zipper up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Never lost one thing in the woods....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I temporarily lost a surefire flashlight in the woods....turned off at the time...... We were doing a orienteering leg that was pretty much straight out and back and I was using the surefire to light up the area once we thought we were close to the marker.    At some point it came out of my pack.  

Well we found the marker and shot our back azimuth....so while hiking along with just my headlamp on ...I get close to our jump off point and I see it laying there on the ground......cross between luck and a good back azimuth.....

Otherwise most recently lost a nice auto knife after taking a dump on the mountain bike.....got up brushed off and continued on.  Back at the car my knife was missing from my pack.....damnit.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:36:37 AM EDT
[#15]
My old Imperial lockback knife.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:37:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I've only lost a couple gloves, but i had a buddy hang his bow on a tree, never to be seen again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Many years ago my brother lost a hard contact lens in the woods when he walked into a low-hanging limb.
When he returned home, he told me where it occurred.

I hiked up there and found it in the wet leaves. He was astonished.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:50:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Lost a maglite, found it the next year at the same tree I stopped to put my heavier clothes on, long walk so we normally carry our heavy clothes.

Lost a gun sleeve of 30-06 shells. Gun belonged to my brother and I didn't like the sleeve so I took it off.

Lost a set of truck keys.

The best one didn't involve me. My brothers son, Chris, killed a deer in 2001 and lost my brothers knife, a Puma Hunters Companion, on the way out. In October of 2002, Chris was killed in an auto accident, we didn't hunt much that year. We hunted the area on and off the next few years but In 2008 we went back into the same area to hang a tree stand. Walking out my brother steps on something and when he looks down he see's a piece of the stag horn handle sticking up throuh the leaves. The knife was in good shape, could have been cleaned up and used, my brother put it in a shadow box.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:52:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Microtech L-UDT...4 years ago. I still look for it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My virginity

First post..yada yada yada....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I musta missed the "things learned in the woods" thread? The "things found in the woods" was great.

Here toy go.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:58:37 AM EDT
[#22]
A lot of potential witnesses.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:03:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here toy go.  

Mucho gracias Amigo.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#24]
The crown for my front tooth.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#25]
several headlamps, knives, hats
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:10:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Lost an airhog toy airplane.  found it next year after a big windstorm.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:11:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here toy go.  

Mucho gracias Amigo.

De nada.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:19:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My virginity

first post nails it. That's the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:20:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

My virginity

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#30]
A marmot stole one of my fingerless gloves once.  I caught him trying to drag off a sack of trail mix.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:26:09 AM EDT
[#31]
One glove. Many, many times.

Went shed hunting yesterday for the first time. A little early but found one 4 point. We should start a shed hunting thread.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:28:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Gerber applegate.

We were out doing a fuels project a couple years back and when we got back to the shop it was gone. The next day I combed the area we were working in but could not find it....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:37:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I lost a new Timex digital watch while hunting deer with my bow.  I found the watch 8 years later and it was still running and had the correct time even though the manual said it had a 5 year battery. I wrote Timex and told them my story, figured maybe they'd like it for one of their commericials but they didn't care.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:39:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Some metal pins from my jeans jacket when my brother and I used to rough house in the woods...we searched for them right away...gone in the leaves and dirt.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#35]
My man cherry.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:47:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
My virginity
. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4LnfkdJDM

eerily accurate
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Last year I lost a 3Rivers Archery carbide sharpener.  It's dull gray and small.

When I was packing for this year's hunt I couldn't find it and wondered where it was.

When I got to camp, my cousin asks if I lost a sharpener last year.  When I said yes, he handed it to me.  He found it on the ground where I lost it.

Other people have used this campsite over the year, and apparently never saw it.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Knives, flashlights, dogs, and me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Hookers and blow?

Edit:
I did end up finding some of the hookers later, in my crawlspace, but have never found the blow.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#40]

I lost a $10 Swedish Mora knife elk hunting the high country of Wyoming one time. My father found it 3 years later and it looked just like it did the day I lost it. I still have it and use it.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#41]
my wallet
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#42]
If anyone here lost a very sharp Buck folding knife in a very  remote Chamberlain Basin, Idaho creek in the mid-Nineties, I found it in perfect shape against astronomical odds.
I had stopped to wash up and cool off, and saw it shimmerring on the creek bed under a foot of water while I was watching some small salmon swimming around.

I carried it for about ten years until a construction worker working for me stole it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#43]
This didn't happen to me personally but a good customer of mine had a camouflaged Python Hunter that he lost in some heavy brush. Apparently it somehow got dragged out of the holster when he was breaking through the brush and when he got back to his car it was gone. Poor guy never did find it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Wife... too bad she found me later on.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#46]
I was camping with my son on a very remote creek in the Missouri Ozarks.  My son wanted to use a small saw I had brought along.  He was very young and was trying to cut branches off a downed log.  We packed up the next day and headed home.  On the way home I got to thinking about it and realized I never packed up the saw.  I went back the following spring and it was sitting on the log.  It was a bit rusty but it cleaned up OK.  It had sat there all winter in plain sight and I know the creek gets visited by folks during deer season setting up deer camp, I was surprised it was still there!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Nothing more than a couple pocket knives and a glove.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#48]
my way
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#49]
I have only lost one thing in the woods my entire life. And that was my grandfathers M3 trench knife & scabbard that he carried in the ETO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Gerber applegate.

We were out doing a fuels project a couple years back and when we got back to the shop it was gone. The next day I combed the area we were working in but could not find it....

Lost a nice skeletonized stainless folder cutting firewood last year. Inexpensive but still think about it. Almost bought a cheap metal detector yesyertday at a big flea market just to look for it.
What are the odds of finding BOTH shed antlers together? I found two (a set) this year, last day of bow season.....
After I got settled in the spot I was hunting I noticed they had a string on one and were cut off, not sheds.......
some bodies rattling horns.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top