Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:23:19 PM EDT
In 2008 there will be a lot things that will be banned. This is what I think they are.
High capacity
.50 caliber weapons (even muzzel loaders fuckin retards)
"Assault Rifles"
Hand Guns

This is gonna suck.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do youthink these things willbe banned?

Just curious, incase I need to buy a Barret .50 BMG.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Why? Because right now the presidental race appears to be between McCain and Senator Clinton.Regardless of who wins gun owners will suffer increased legislation, I fear.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Vote from the roof tops
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
McCain won't get the nomination, neither will Guilani. I don't know who will, but the Republican party core is not going to let these guys win.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
It's going to be really fuckin sad to watch all what we've been doing go away in a few days.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Additionally on the chopping block at a Federal level if things get real bad-

Hollow point bullets-  Stock up now.
Mail order ammo- Stock up now.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#8]
At least my collections value will go up and I can make some money.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#9]
It'll be Newt Gingrich/Condi Rice.  Too bad Tancredo/Weldon won't be the ticket.  I'd vote for those 2 in a heartbeat.

HH
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
McCain won't get the nomination, neither will Guilani. I don't know who will, but the Republican party core is not going to let these guys win.

+1
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#12]
It'll only happen if "We the people" let it happen.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It'll only happen if "We the people" let it happen.

Hell yeah !!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Why do they want to ban guns? They never told me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Who is a good canidate for us gun guys?  And not Condi, she won't run.  So who then?  I keep hearing about Mit Romney, is pro he RKBA?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Who is a good canidate for us gun guys?  And not Condi, she won't run.  So who then?  I keep hearing about Mit Romney, is pro he RKBA?

Romney is the Gov. of Mass, and is a Republican in name only.  In the south he'd be considered a flaming Democrat.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Allen
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]
what about non firearm stuff? as we get more and more regulated, i wonder about common things not being there any more.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Scary isnt it
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#20]
We need to come up with a good canidate and vote in the primaries for this person en mass.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Vote from the roof tops

If voting at the polls fails us,this soon may
be our only alternative.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Penn & Teller should run for prez/vice prez

seriously.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't give them up.

ETA, Sean Hannity is a good man. I would vote for him.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

seriously.

That would make the VP's press conference really interesting.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#25]
We haven't even got to the mid-term elections and there are people who are believing the media machine as it props up it's latest "winner" for this and the '08 campaign. This is the first year that I can remember that right after President Bush was elected the media was focusing in on '08 and it was still '04!

There's a long road ahead and alot of politcal shuffling is bound to take place between now and November, not to mention '08. If I remember hearing correctly there aren't that many seats up for election this year. The Demo's are still trying to sort out which direction the party should go while the Rep. are riding the statis quo. Throw in Iraq, the growing problem with Iran, the Immigration issue, the Economy, etc. and things could change rather quickly. Elections have a way of taking some unique turns.

Just keep the Boy Scout moto in your back pocket.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#26]
It would be nice to have a "We the people canidate" that had average citizens and there kids future on there mind. It is amazing what we will satisfy for, given a hand full of our own Rights!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I most likely will be leaving this country if things go to Hell in 2008...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Like Alec Baldwin did in 2000?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I'd say Mitt is a "moderate" pro-rkba supporter.  He supported the renewal of the MA AWB when the federal ban expired (but Bush also supported the renewal also).

He dissed GOAL (Gun Owners Action League), by not inviting them to speak about the compromise bill that extended the MA AWB (which could have been much worse). Then again, he ordered the MA State Troopers color guard to attend the annual GOAL banquet (the MA State Troopers  ASSociation and brass is as non-RKBA as you can get).

FWIW... the candidates running for the MA legislature and exectuvie branch is scared shitless about the
influence and power of  the police unions and CLEOs.

There's a few bogus anti-RKBA bills in the MA legislature right now that will easily pass (.50 BMG and FN FiveSeven ban).  There's a bill that would ban the transfer or sale of pre 94 configured EBR's, mandate insurance for gun owners, ballistics database, mandating "smart gun" technology, registering "hi-cap" magazines .

Variations of some of those bills have been proposed before, but didn't go anywhere. In this state, that doesn't mean that it won't happen on another go-around.

If any of the latter garbage does make it out of the legislature, he'll most likely veto it (IMHO, he would sign the .50 BMG and FN FiveSeven ban... no question there).

I'm taking a wait and see stance with regards to Mitts RKBA issues.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Nobody's leaving and nobody's going to the roof top.  Let's face the facts.   Those of us who would actually fight an evil tyrannical govt. (kinda like the one we have now) are too fragmented to put up any real resistance.  Yeah, there will be a Ruby Ridge or two but 99.99% will hand over their weapons.

Try to organize something now and before you could get any traction the media would make us out to be worse than the KKK and the Birchers combined.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It'll be Newt Gingrich/Condi Rice.  HH

Please give me some of what you are smoking.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Alec Baldwin did in 2000?

Dual citizenship all ready.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Gov Huckabee from Arkansas is pro-gun and pro-hunting. I have no idea where he stands on anything else.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#35]
It seems to me that Frist is the front runner. Anyone have any opinions on him?
ETA; Hillary is unelectable, sure she might win the primary but it would guaranty the dems a loss in Nov 08. They want the presidency bad and will not allow ger to lose it for them.
Just my $.02 worth.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#36]
What the hell happend to the second amendment????
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Students being to play before eating lunch in their school cafeteria.

Common citizens eing allowed to criticize elected officials before an election.
Oh wait, they already banned those.

-K
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Vote for The Nuge' in 2008
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I think Bill Frist will be in the running, at least. Not at high profile as Condi or McCain yet, which is good, doesn't get into media scandals like Tom Delay, and I'm pretty sure he's relatively pro-RKBA. I know for a fact he won't sign any AWB legislation.

He also has good funding.... Mark my words.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
What the hell happend to the second amendment????

Do you mean that thing that died about 72 years ago
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I think Bill Frist will be in the running, at least. Not at high profile as Condi or McCain yet, which is good, doesn't get into media scandals like Tom Delay, and I'm pretty sure he's relatively pro-RKBA. I know for a fact he won't sign any AWB legislation.

He's in the lead at this point according to this article...

msnbc.msn.com/id/11782578/
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Geez, what a bunch of sticks in the mud.

Don't bitch about it, do something about it.

A-fucking-men.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#43]
up for grabs in 2006:

1/3 of the Senate Seats as always
All of the House Seats as always
22 governors: 8 are retiring Republicans and only one retiring dem

It is going to be an interesting year I think and when you look at the border situation, the protest in Chicago by illegals, etc, well, I just don't know what is going to happen. If the Republicans don't pull their head out of their ass soon 2008 is going to be a disaster. Since I have yet to see politicians pull their head out of their ass, ever, I have little expectation of great things happening in our short term future.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Frist straw poll yesterday was about as meaningful as the "internet polls" that both ARFCOM and DU flood.

Reason:  it was held in TENNESSEE.  Memphis, to be specific.  Frist packed the place with his supporters.  That's why he got such a high percentage of the vote.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Frist straw poll yesterday was about as meaningful as the "internet polls" that both ARFCOM and DU flood.

Reason:  it was held in TENNESSEE.  Memphis, to be specific.  Frist packed the place with his supporters.  That's why he got such a high percentage of the vote.

I noticed that as well after I posted it.  

"Frist won 36.9 percent " while "Frist enjoyed a home court advantage since about 40 percent of the delegates attending the event are from his home state".
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Vote from the roof tops

If voting at the polls fails us,this soon may
be our only alternative.

I'm starting to feel that way now, too.  With a great sense of fear, I might add.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it was held in TENNESSEE.  Memphis, to be specific.  Frist packed the place with his supporters.  That's why he got such a high percentage of the vote.

I noticed that as well after I posted it.  

"Frist won 36.9 percent " while "Frist enjoyed a home court advantage since about 40 percent of the delegates attending the event are from his home state".

No worries, a lot of news articles buried that little tidbit.

Personally, I think Frist is pretty decent overall.  I wouldn't mind seeing him in office, although I honestly wish Rice would run.  Not because she's black, not because she's female, not because she's hot, not because she drives the liberals insane;  but because she is very pro-gun, she is very articulate and intelligent, I've found myself agreeing with every personal position of hers that I have heard about, and I've never seen even the slightest hint of scandal or corruption touch her.  She's one of the finest people in politics today, IMHO, and it will be a true loss to the USA if she chooses to go back to the private sector or academia in another three years.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:35:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

seriously.

That would make the VP's press conference really interesting.

Think of that debates...

{Penn walks over to Hitlery}"Mrs. Klinton, we have it under good authority that there is a stick up your ass." {Gooses the Biatch: makes 3' pine log appear out of nowhere}  "And there it is folks, but as you can see, "Stick" is not an appropriate term for this behemoth."
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:50:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Vote from the roof tops

Aren't you in Jr High?  Come back when you reach legal voting age.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
It seems to me that Frist is the front runner. Anyone have any opinions on him?
ETA; Hillary is unelectable, sure she might win the primary but it would guaranty the dems a loss in Nov 08. They want the presidency bad and will not allow ger to lose it for them.
Just my $.02 worth.

Left of GW, right of McPain & Guliani...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top