Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2015 1:58:43 PM EDT
link

Portlanders apparently upset with the direction of the local housing market are slapping "no Californians" stickers on For Sale signs in the city, real estate agents say.

"A lot of these homes are going into bidding wars and going over ask price," Irvine said. "And a lot of these guys are getting outbid. And I think they're going around to agents who have properties that have sold over ask price and putting anti-California stickers."

"People think that our signs magically appear," Fenwick said. "But they don't. We pay money for them, and it's none of their business to be putting stickers on them."

Irvine eventually sold the house where the sticker appeared for $450,000 – to a man from New York, he said.

"I'm dealing with a couple of San Francisco buyers," Irvine said. "One guy's cash."

"There's the lowest inventory we've had in over 10 years, and people are frustrated," Irvine said. "They're basically blaming Californians for raising their real estate prices."
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
How does the free market work again?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

it still a pain in the ass when people drive up the prices of homes that dont deserve the price tag. You see it in AZ a lot.

but at the same time i dont disagree with your statement
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It's like the early 80s all over again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothings changed...
This man, Governor Tom McCall, served Oregon from 1967 to 1975...part of his legacy,

A few decades ago, Californians started pouring into Oregon and setting up permanent residence there. Petrified at the prospect of becoming "California II," then-governor Tom McCall uttered those famous words: "You're welcome to visit Oregon, but please don't stay."

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nothings changed...
This man, Governor Tom McCall, served Oregon from 1967 to 1975...part of his legacy,

A few decades ago, Californians started pouring into Oregon and setting up permanent residence there. Petrified at the prospect of becoming "California II," then-governor Tom McCall uttered those famous words: "You're welcome to visit Oregon, but please don't stay."

<a href="http://s85.photobucket.com/user/outdoorgb/media/TomMcCall_zps5fc19875.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k50/outdoorgb/TomMcCall_zps5fc19875.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
PDX has a pretty firm Urban Growth Boundry which is one of the reasons prices are skyrocketing.  Supply vs. demand and all that jazz.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's like the early 80s all over again.
View Quote

I was just about to say, this has been going on a long time now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
PDX has a pretty firm Urban Growth Boundry which is one of the reasons prices are skyrocketing.  Supply vs. demand and all that jazz.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  The morons complaining probably dont want to live outside of PDX, and are complaining because prices are higher than they "think" they should be.  Typical leftist butthurt.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]

i like oregon.  i think i'll buy a place there.  

hell getting to Bend and back though, issues both ways, missed connecting flight through SFO coming and going.

ps
don't know what's up with their downspouts either.  never saw that before.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#11]

I lived in Bend for several years, and miss it every day; my wife and kid are there right now for the long weekend.

Crux is a great brewery, but I'll always have a soft spot for Deschutes. I sacrificed many brain cells there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Looks like someone lives in NW Crossing.

Howdy Neighbor (not in NWX, but close)

ETA: I am an Oregon native. I don't mind Californians, as long as they don't bring California with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top