Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 7:43:37 AM EDT
God@#$ned thieves.

Got up this morning to go to work.  Truck parked out front.  Wing window broken.  You would think the tweek assgoblin that wanted in the truck would break out the wing, open the door and do his thing.  NOOOOOOOO... this friggin pro tried to punch the doorlock (tore it all to shit),  broke the wing window, AND smashed the passenger window.   To top it all off, it looked like he tried to actually pry the door open between the lock and the pillar...WTF?

Once he got inside, he tore the dash to hell trying to get the $150 cd player out (got it), took the airbag from the steering wheel and tried to pry the airbag out of the passenger's side dash (unsuccessfully.)

Im figuring $1800 worth of damage for an airbag and piece of junk radio.  Jesus, I would have given him the radio...    Luckily, nothing of real value was in there.   Rant over.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks, you should call the cops.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

SGtar15

Beat me to it.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

SGtar15

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Garage.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell no, I hate cops!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Only in the USA do people fill thier garages with useless junk and leave their automobiles worth thousands of dollars outside in front of the house.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Only in the USA do people fill thier garages with useless junk and leave their automobiles worth thousands of dollars outside in front of the house.

Now I have to clean Dr. Pepper off my keyboard and monitor.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

very true
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#10]
are air bags worth money? didn't realize they were worth stealing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate theives
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:22:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

lol...true.

Ya, stolen airbags bring some $$ from unscrupulous body shops.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Oh yeah. BIG bucks.  Esp for late model imports.

Came home late from work one night, one of those "too tired to remember the drive home" type of deals.

Left my duty bag in the truck, along with my backup,  a Lightweight Colt Commander.  Some asshole during the night smashed the rear window,  (even though both doors were unlocked)  and stole my bag.  I hope the dirty underwear and soggy under armor T-shirt poisoned his ass.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yea, it's a big racket. Replacing an airbag in a vehicle is expensive, so there is a whole black market out there for them.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, it's a big racket. Replacing an airbag in a vehicle is expensive, so there is a whole black market out there for them.

Dittos on that. What happens is a body shop gets paid full MSRP to replace an air bag on a wrecked car, then they buy a stolen one for less and pocket the difference. Some air bags cost a small fortune from the dealer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You must have met most of my neighbors!

Sorry to hear about the break in.  Getting violated makes you angry for sure.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Once he got inside, he tore the dash to hell trying to get the $150 cd player out (got it)

Im figuring $1800 worth of damage for an airbag and piece of junk radio.  Jesus, I would have given him the radio...    Luckily, nothing of real value was in there.   Rant over.

Ain't that the truth. My friend just got his car broken into - approximately $1,200 worth of damage done to the car for a $125 radio:

I hate thieves...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Came home late from work one night, one of those "too tired to remember the drive home" type of deals.

Left my duty bag in the truck, along with my backup,  a Lightweight Colt Commander.  Some asshole during the night smashed the rear window,  (even though both doors were unlocked)  and stole my bag.  I hope the dirty underwear and soggy under armor T-shirt poisoned his ass.

Dang!   are you telling me another police officers weapon has gone missing?

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dang!   are you telling me another police officers weapon has gone missing?

In 1988.  Ser # CLW 0005561. It's not "missing", it's stolen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
God@#$ned thieves.

Got up this morning to go to work.  Truck parked out front.  Wing window broken.  You would think the tweek assgoblin that wanted in the truck would break out the wing, open the door and do his thing.  NOOOOOOOO... this friggin pro tried to punch the doorlock (tore it all to shit),  broke the wing window, AND smashed the passenger window.   To top it all off, it looked like he tried to actually pry the door open between the lock and the pillar...WTF?

Once he got inside, he tore the dash to hell trying to get the $150 cd player out (got it), took the airbag from the steering wheel and tried to pry the airbag out of the passenger's side dash (unsuccessfully.)

Here's a brief summary of my recent experience:

November 11, 2003, 9:30 pm: arrived home, parked car in driveway.
November 12, 2003, 7:00 am: went outside, car gone.
November 12, 2003, 9:00 am: car recovered

After removal:

$27,000 PLUS in loss - had to buy a new car, net of insurance proceeds.

Hey, be thankful at least you still have the truck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#22]
An alarm system would have helped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top