Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2002 8:59:41 PM EDT
Well...my truck was burglarized tonight, while sitting in the CHURCH parking lot.  Luckily, the guy was a complete idiot, and was still working when we all came out, one of the folks saw the car pulling away.  I live in a small town, so we found the guy, id'd the car and the police were able to get him pulled over and I got my property back.  Luckily he didn't have time to find my CCW gun!  He did have time to steal paperwork with my address on it (insurance Verification), garage door openers, extra key to the vehicle, my zippo's from my center console, my cell phone.  Cool thing is...the guy was dealing and in possession, had a car full of stolen property, good bust.  Man, I'm glad they were able to find him before he got out of town.  Good reason to have a P.O. box too...lol.  Anyway...something is seriously wrong with society when you can't be safe in the church parking lot from vandalism/theft.  Luckily the only damage done was my radio, not pulled, but broken in the process of trying.  Oh well, could have been much worse.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Why was your CCW gun sitting in your car??
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad it worked out for you, you're one of the VERY VERY few who gets their stuff back.  

Anyone wondering about the wrath of God at this point?  Imagine if he got the gun what God would have done to him?  He probably would have shot his wanker off by being a bad ass and sticking it in his waist band!  

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#5]
A comment on why Churches are a target.

The Justice Dept. had put out a notice to churches in the early 90's and updates this list annually, with the warning about churches being "high" risk for vandals and thieves. Their reasoning was this...Churches have set service times that last anywhere between 1-3 hours plus there is easy access to numerous cars at one place. This gives criminals an "open" door to crawl through.

The Justice dept. backed this up with facts and figures...besides the cover of darkness at your home, you have to be concerned about shopping areas and churches. Thats why most large churches have ushers that surveil and secure church parking lots. Criminals do not sleep when it comes to ideas...neither should we.

Malls, Apartment complexes and churches...places where you think it's safe.

Hope you've got State Farm...they're good about claims like this. [:D]
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I know, I know.  It shouldn't have been there, should have been with me.  Didn't much care about the stereo, the gun was the first thing I checked.  Just never thought about carrying in church before, live and learn.  Unfortunately it stays in the car because of where I work...very gun free zone if you catch my drift.  In the truck is sort of a gray area, but on the body is a no no.  However, I commute about half an hour each way through the country, so like to be "heeled" coming and going.  Not a perfect world unfortunately, but at least I can carry most of the time.  Wow, I'm glad I'm not in Californy anymore!

BTW, I've got farmers, who has been good in the past about this...third times the charm I guess!  Unfortunately, it's a losing proposition for insurance.....500 deductible..lol.  Yes, I feel very fortunate to get my stuff back THIS TIME.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#7]
It was just yesterday that some preacher/minister/bishop/?? was shot in a church.  A guy just walked in and capped him!  

Just because you are in church, doesn't mean you don't need to carry!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It was just yesterday that some preacher/minister/bishop/?? was shot in a church.  A guy just walked in and capped him!  

Just because you are in church, doesn't mean you don't need to carry!
View Quote

The unfaithful are smitten by God, but the unintelligent are smitten by Glock.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why was your CCW gun sitting in your car??
View Quote
Some people just dont feel comfortable with a weapon in church.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]
About two weeks ago somebody broke my passenger window and stole my radar detector while I was in the bowling alley.  The bowling alley even had armed, uniformed police officers onsite doing periodical lot checks.

Lucky for me, they took the $50 seven year old radar detector, but failed to look down into the passenger floor and see my CD case (I usually hide it better but my brother left it there), which would have cost me hundreds of $$$ to replace.

I don't leave the (new) radar dectector hanging on the windshield anymore.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Back in '95, f***ing theifs broke in and stole my 1st HK91, 2 SKS, and a Mossberg shotgun.  Plus about $2000 of other stuff.  One of the pukes has been arrested and has been in and out of jail since then.  That is what I get for living alone in the northeast section of Rottenf***ingchester, New F***ing York.  My sister and her husband live in the northwest section of Rottenf***ingchester, and last year they had $1300 worth of power tools stolen out of the basement, plus yard tools and bicycles out in the garage.  I hate thiefs with a passion.  I like the torch and pitchfork idea of thebeekeeper1.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Churches are a place where people should always carry. Only a few years ago a church here was robbed by some armed thugs. When I say robbed I mean it. They took wallets purses jewelry and the tithe(sp?). They took basicly everything of value everyone in the place had on them. I don't think they were ever caught. If it was my truck and I knew who did it they would get a surprise one dark night.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Outstanding
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#14]
When I went in to get a copy of the report and photos of my dash this morning, they told me more stuff just keeps unfolding on the guy...lol.  He was in possession of drugs and selling paraphenalia, already said that above, but is also willing to help with some ongoing investigations in town...not going to say more on that while it is in the mill, but it's a good thing.  Also, property reported stolen in other surrounding towns was found in the car...so this time it looks like the good guys "Got Some!" so to speak.  Wow..miracles never cease, the justice system worked.  Well...the arrest part, we'll see what happens in court.  I'm thinking nothing, but I'll try to think positive...lol.  Sorry to hear the other stories out there of property loss that wasn't found, I've been there too.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Some people just dont feel comfortable with a weapon in church.
View Quote

And, some people can't legally carry in a church.  Here in South Carolina, a concealed carry permit holder can't.  Of course, that's not a big concern compared to how the state police for months refused to renew existing permits and has been illegally not issuing (we're a shall issue state by law) new permits for most applicants.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top