Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 5:28:23 AM EDT
[url]http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/news/local/states/texas/northeast/3730946.htm[/url]

IRVING - Thieves terrorized a 90-year-old woman for two days, twice breaking into her house,
                                  the last time to cut off her finger and steal the wedding ring she had been wearing for almost 70
                                  years.

Mary Tucker was listed in fair condition Wednesday at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, a
                                  hospital spokeswoman said.

The ring had a custom clasp, which made it easier to remove, said longtime friend Becky Smith.
                                  Tucker, who is about 5 feet tall and weighs about 80 pounds, has arthritis and the ring had been
                                  modified so she could keep wearing it, Smith said.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:34:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Back a few years ago when I was a kid, I remember a story of two thieves removing a man's hand with a chain saw just to steal his Rolex watch.

Bunch of savages.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
A 'custom clasp'?

That should make it pretty difficult for the thieves to fence. Hopefully, they have already tried to fence the ring at pawn shops in the area, and their mugs caught on store security tapes!

Gee, I hope they're not taken alive! [:D]

Eric The(FryTheBastages!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:44:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Sierra 168 [thinking]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw it on the local news last night.
The segment reporter said "police say the description of the two men involved was too vague to even mention, but please contact the Irving Police Department if you have information".

Well, that give us allot to go on!
Granted the poor lady is 90 trs old, but...
Were they black, white, brown, purple?
Long pants, shorts?
WTF! Throw me a bone here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top