Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:33:36 PM EDT
Someone stole my Trek mountain bike from my garage today while I was cutting the grass. I live on a corner lot. I have no real drive way, my detached garage faces the street on which my home does not. I have only an approach, sidewalk then the garage.

That is the only time I had it open, I was cutting the grass while the kids from high school got out (I live two blocks away from the school).

I called the local PD, they guy cared about as much as an Eskimo hearing about a weather forcast in Zambia.

Shame on me for not closing my garage while I am no more than 135' away from it at any point.

I am going to pray tonight that the good Lord touches that thief's heart.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess thats why they are thiefs
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:27:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I posted two reward signs on the garage this morning, and two on a elec pole on the easment.

$150 no questions, etc...

I am going to be looking at the schools today and the 7-11's. I will be going to the bike shops as well to let them know it was stolen and to be on the look out. I called the PD again, got a much nicer guy and he told me what to do and apologized for the lack of help I received before.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
It is all your fault for having such a nice bike.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:37:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I posted two reward signs on the garage this morning, and two on a elec pole on the easment.

$150 no questions, etc...

I am going to be looking at the schools today and the 7-11's. I will be going to the bike shops as well to let them know it was stolen and to be on the look out. I called the PD again, got a much nicer guy and he told me what to do and apologized for the lack of help I received before.

did he say he would get CSI on it?  
i hate it when they say shit like that.  
hope you get your bike back.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Take a bike lock with you, so you can secure it if you find it. And then wait until the thief gets out of class.

(Does this sound like the voice of experience?)  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:39:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had 2 bikes stolen in my lifetime.. never a good feeling.  Hope you get your's back... does your insurance cover  the loss of your 2005 Canondale Prophet 2000 ?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:40:50 AM EDT
[#7]
You should have donated your expensive mountain bike to the hurricane relife... a Hip Ubranite™ family of 4 could have rode out on it and avoided the racial treatement the received by the white devil slave master Haliburton

Seriously, hope your get your bike back in good order!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:42:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Take a bike lock with you, so you can secure it if you find it. And then wait until the thief gets out of class.

(Does this sound like the voice of experience?)  

The cop I spoke to the 2nd time told me to do the same thing. And to call them if I find it on school grounds. There are seriously hundreds of kids through out the day walking by. I am hoping someone drops a dime or the thing just shows up.

My son goes to one of the schools, he is going to be an extra set of eyes for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:45:03 AM EDT
[#9]
sorry about your bike being stolen by thieves. hope your search pans out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:50:57 AM EDT
[#10]
When I was younger we witnessed someone go into a neighbors garage while they where mowing and carry out some bikes.  Other neighbor pursued them and ended up crashing their car.  

This someone there where a lot of news reports of people waling into people's houses and carroying away purses, guns, etc when they are out weeding their garden.

It seem to be common in the suburbs, yet my kids think I am an ass when I tell them to always shut & lock the door when they go out to mow or whatever.

Now they watch the news enough to get it.

I hope you get you nike back in good shape.

Dan
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:53:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I go away for four-day airline trips and don't bother locking my door. (What, someone might break in and clean up?)

You guys are making me appreciate my neighborhood, grouchy old guy and all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#12]
it's sad that a man can't even do chores at the house without having to lock each and every door upon egress/entry.

i feel for you man.  had a thief in my home once.  stole a nice beretta 9mm 92sb, swapped it to some dopehead for a bag of weed.  best pistol i ever had.  broke my heart to turn the guy out on the street because he was confined to a wheelchair.  next morning, the back window of my mercedes was busted out and a big old rock was on the front seat...

still makes me sad...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Police report on file, everybike shop and play it again shop knows about it.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Police report on file, everybike shop and play it again shop knows about it.

Good.  Don't forget eBay and craigslist in your area.

Thieves are hi-tech these days.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Found your bike!

Seriously, though, sorry about your theft. Thieves suck.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I think when I get a decent bike I am going to get one of those anti thief seats that shoot a spike up th eass when armed... that'l teach em
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I have no idea how one would go about this, but it seems like there should be a way to give notice to the parents of school kids in the area. You know, to be suspicious if junior comes home with a new bike, supposedly paid for with money he made at his summer job.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Someone stole my Trek mountain bike from my garage today while I was cutting the grass. I live on a corner lot. I have no real drive way, my detached garage faces the street on which my home does not. I have only an approach, sidewalk then the garage.

That is the only time I had it open, I was cutting the grass while the kids from high school got out (I live two blocks away from the school).

I called the local PD, they guy cared about as much as an Eskimo hearing about a weather forcast in Zambia.

Shame on me for not closing my garage while I am no more than 135' away from it at any point.

I am going to pray tonight that the good Lord touches that thief's heart.

Say, perhaps, with an MI?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think when I get a decent bike I am going to get one of those anti thief seats that shoot a spike up th eass when armed... that'l teach em

Link?  I would buy one and leave my bike in a bad neighborhood just to watch that!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#20]
edited for dupe.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have no idea how one would go about this, but it seems like there should be a way to give notice to the parents of school kids in the area. You know, to be suspicious if junior comes home with a new bike, supposedly paid for with money he made at his summer job.

Somehow I can't imagine the parents giving a half shit if their kids are already going into peoples' homes to steal bikes.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#22]
It's in the basement....

Of the Alamo!...

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#23]

See my post yesterday.  Theft !

Charma ! The only thing that keeps me sane !
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I know you said many kids walk past your house each school day, but have you given any thought to any one contact who might have known specifically what you had and where? I have had two things stolen at different times, and both thefts were linked to aquaintances knowing what I had in my possession. They coveted what I owned. They might tell their friends, and they might be thieves of your household property.

It is many times difficult to hide what valuable possessions you own, but a firm belief that what people don't see can't hurt them goes a long way.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#25]
You expect thieves to act with honor?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top