Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2002 11:29:36 AM EDT
You know, like the 80s GI JOE, with Cobra Commander and Destro and the Baroness.  Check out [url]www.gijoe.com[/url].

Here's a bit with Snakeyes doing a little of the one handed MG44 action:

[img]http://www.gijoe.com/common/images/products/53228_imageMain400.jpg[/img]

Also, reruns of the 80s series are going to be back on the cartoon network starting this Tuesday at 12:30AM.

I loved this crap when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
And knowing is half the battle...GO JOE!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My son loves the GI Joe toys...I only regret that I can't yet seem to get him interested in the Ultimate Soldier figures.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, i still have all my GI Joe stuff!  I can't wait to have kids (hopefully one boy) to pull the boxes out and play joe again!  
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
It wasn't that I minded (I did) that NOBODY ever got killed.  It was, that, in 30 seconds of combat they destroyed about $2 Billion worth of hardware.  F14s went down by the dozen, tanks went up like pintos.  SOMEBODY was picking up the bill for all that action.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh my God, I loved that show when I was a kid.  I'm glad Cartoon Network is picking it up.  I actually bought 'GI Joe: The Movie' on DVD just for the nostalgia.  :)
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet and corrected by Akintude:
And knowing is half the battle...[b][red][size=5]YO JOE[/size=5][/red][/b]!!
View Quote

Brings back memories. I hope the show catches on and enjoys a good long run...
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
You all be me to it, but...   Knowing is half the battle!

I really liked that show when I was little, of course I also liked the A-Team. They show the A-Team on TNN...damn is it stupid!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been waiting for a post like this. Early '80s my brothers had all the Joe stuff you could get, I was a little to old.

Fact is they never stopped makeing them, so there not back.

A couple of years ago some popped up in Odd-Lots(Big-Lots in some places). Got me interested. I looked up all I could on net.(ain't it great). Seen the stuff my brothers had is worth a fortune. Too bad my mom loves haveing yard sells, it's all gone.

Point is I started collecting new ones, thought it would be fun. It was. Me and one of my brothers and a few guys from work really got into it. I have all of 2000 and 2001 guys and vehicles. Started on 2002 but they totally changed figures, the ones you have pictured. They SUCK! Like new Coke. I stopped.

Joe collecting is a big thing, just like this place and AR-15s. Thats why most people think they stopped makeing them because collecters hoard them up. Part of the fun checking all over town to find that 1 guy.

I've went on long enough, sorry. If anyone out there collects or has any interest in Joes contact me. I have lots of info and as you can see I like to talk.

I got a tip on some repaints that come out this year, hard to find. I'm going to go post a new topic to see if I can get some help, wouldn't mind getting them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys are young.  The real G.I. Joe was Barbies heighth and went from having painted hair to real life afros and beards with kung fu grip.
Now the Ultimate soldiers look really cool.

When I was a kid the hot show was the Thunderbirds. Go puppet dudes...heh
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]

When I was a kid the hot show was the Thunderbirds. Go puppet dudes...heh
View Quote

Ungh, watching the Thunderbirds made me ill.  Physically.  That and Romper Room.  And HR Puf 'N Stuff. And the Bananna Splits.

"The horror... the horror..."
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]Akintude[/b], sorry about the 'go', it has been a while since I have seen it. I still get strange looks when I use the 'and knowing is half the battle' line. Maybe people will understand me now...well, probably not.[%|]

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#13]
What?  Are you kiddin' me? [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top