User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2001 4:18:25 PM EDT
Great article by Lew himself

[url]http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/theywerewrong.html[/url]

Nomex on! [flame]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you actually have any ideas of your own, or is it all you can do just to link to other people's?  Make your point, in your own words, please, if you can.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
You know you've been reading too much fantasy lit when you think WoT means the Wheel of Time.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Crap, every time I log onto one of these Lew Rockwell threads, I do so with the hope that just once, he'd make some sort of sense!

What an idiot I am - he's Lew Rockwell fer chrissakes, he ain't ever gonna make any sense!

It's sorta like going to the fridge for a glass of cold milk, pouring it, only to discover when drinking it that it is sour!

You look at the carton with surprise, astonished that milk could be so rancid, then calmly place it [u]back[/u] in the fridge, thinking 'next time, it will be ok'!
But the ostensible point of the intervention was to get Bin Laden and his organization. If that is not achieved, what was the point of the war? To put a gaggle of tribal warlords, some left over from Soviet days, in charge of the country? That's all we really have to show for the war so far, that and a lot of civilian corpses and burned up liberties.
View Quote

How many civilian corpses, Mr. Rockwell, care to hazard a guess? And what 'liberties' were burned up? I would suppose that Afghans have much more freedom today than they did three months ago! What do you think?

We have utterly deprived OBL of a sympathetic government, whose robes he could hide behind.

Wherever he flees to, on the face of the globe, that country willing to give him sanctuary need only look at the 'moonscape' that Mr. Rockwell says we created in Afghanistan to realize that harboring OBL might prove to be a very costly mistake.

Far easier to snuff his ass at the border and call the Special Forces to come collect his carcasse, and oh, BTW, make that $25 million check out to.....

Eric The(Stop,ICan'tTakeAnymore)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You know you've been reading too much fantasy lit when you think WoT means the Wheel of Time.  [:D]
View Quote

You know your into drag racing too much when you see "WoT" and think "Wide open throttle"

-Kc
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The same thing could be said of you DScott, Admoral Crunch and yes, you too Eric.

So many people are caught up in the USA USA USA chanting that they believe all the crap that is fed to you from our guberment.  Some are so blind they will not see.

Us tax slaves are only here, and have only been, to support a government that has it's own means to use and justify the end....or is it the end that justify's the means.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy kicking ass for revenges sake, but those that think that there will ever be an end to this war brought about by a government that respects poeples rights, well, I have a prime ski lodge for sale in Florida.

Any takers?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Post from Halfcocked -
So many people are caught up in the USA USA USA chanting that they believe all the crap that is fed to you from our guberment.
View Quote

So, tell us, what crap are we being fed by our government?

Eric The(20/10Vision,Actually,InEachEye)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I give up.  What the hell is WoT?  I read the article (stupid as it was) and didn't see anything I'd refer to as a WoT.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Go read the thread at the top of the forum.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Threads at the top change every time somebody post a new one.  The title of this on is "They were wrong (about the WoT)"  I get it, War on Terrorism.  Never mentioned in the thread or the artilce.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#10]
No the one titled "War is a Racket".
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#11]
War Party... cool. I like that.

"War is an extension of diplomacy by other means."

-Von Clausewitz
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#12]
 Wide Open Throttle ???
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Whenever I write about this topic, I receive a flurry of emails demanding to know: what is your alternative? The answer can be summed up in a single, very unfashionable word: diplomacy, the practice of resolving international disputes through adroit and tactful negotiation as an alternative to destructive war.
View Quote
So, according to this clown, we should now be sitting down and talking with Osama and company about 9/11.  This is not an "international dispute".  They attacked innocent civilians on American soil.  Our lack of action in the last few years emboldened Osama and his boys to do what they did.  That is where diplomacy gets you, as Lew's apparent hero, Clinton, was real good at talking and doing nothing else.

I suppose we should have sat down with the Japanese after Pearl Harbor.  Actually, that is what the Japanese were hoping for, look it up.

And for those of you who accuse others of being caught up in the "USA USA USA" fever and believing everything we are told, you guys apparently believe everything you are told by crackpots and lunatic losers like Lew Rockwell.  Other than losers like Rockwell and a few others, where are you getting your "facts"?  Are any of you privy to sensitive info that is being kept from the rest of us?  Do you just naturally know more than the rest of us or do you just hate your country?  Perhaps you would like it better if Al Bore were in office registering your guns but doing nothing about 9/11.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, if there weren't people like Lew to "explain" everything, we might have to actually think for ourselves.  Besides, who could we blame for all our problems?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 2:31:56 AM EDT
[#16]
And the ironic thing is, this insipidly moronic buttlicker is admired by self-described "patriots."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top