Posted: 8/11/2014 4:54:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:00:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Ah, let the fatty hate flow through GD.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:08:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The mom stuffing fries in the kid's pie hole to keep him quiet made me sick to my stomach.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Is the Wookie still partnered with Monsantos and Subway for "healthy food?"
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:14:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The butthurt will be stronk in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:25:54 AM EDT
[#7]
You know, as much as i hate to say, i do think a lot of it lies in genetics. I am 21 years old 6' tall 160lbs and in great shape. I eat like a pig.... Now i know that i also do exercise, but i play an unhealthy amount if videogames. A friend of mine eats healthy and is active, but he is 21 years old 5'8" and 220 lbs. although if you do get overweight it is up to you to work to change it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:37:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know, as much as i hate to say, i do think a lot of it lies in genetics. I am 21 years old 6' tall 160lbs and in great shape. I eat like a pig.... Now i know that i also do exercise, but i play an unhealthy amount if videogames. A friend of mine eats healthy and is active, but he is 21 years old 5'8" and 220 lbs. although if you do get overweight it is up to you to work to change it.
View Quote

And now I will refute this.

I grew up very poor until I was about 9.  Very poor.  We ate apt of anything we could because it was cheap, canned pork and beans, no-name brand Mac & Cheese, cheap hot dogs, etc.  I have been chunky, but not fat for my entire life.  Right now I'm 5-10 and 190, still a bit chunky but not fat.

My wife comes from a family of fatties.  Every one of her brothers, sisters, mom and dad outweigh me by a pretty big margin.  She is not fat and can stay slim unless she's recently had a baby.  She is now 40 and still slim.

We are very conscious about our diets and lifestyles.  My kids are very active, eat well and are skinny as rails.  They are far mor fit that either of their parents ever were growing up and it shows.  I still have bad dietary habits, my kids eat veggies and fruit like I ate pasta and bread as a kid.  This video nails it.  Start them on good dietary habits young, change their entire lives forever.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:39:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

No, your friend is simply eating too much, probably a comfort eater.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:44:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I still don't understand how a website that bashes liberals for their lack of logic make diet and bodyweight so difficult.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:45:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I eat a very control caloric intake....still a fatty...some of us do have "Self Control"

but go ahead and keep judging...
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#12]
In all total seriousness,  I know a guy who just recently died at 32 from being obese.  

Heart attack. Totally preventable.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I've lost 55 lbs by just changing how much I eat.  I'm doing nothing other than myfitnesspal.  My goal is to lose 90.

If you take in more calories than you burn, you get fat.  Period.  End of discussion.  

Don't give me any of this gluten/GMO/HFC/processed foods bullshit.  I still eat like crap occasionally (McDonalds, salty snacks, Hostess, etc), and the pounds still came off.

Everything in moderation.  If you drink 2 liters of Coke a day, you're probably a fat bastard.  Fortunately, I was never a big soda drinker, so that's not a demon I had to fight.  Water, milk and unsweetened tea for me.

ETA: The website that made that commercial is an Herbalife distributor.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I eat a very control caloric intake....still a fatty...some of us do have "Self Control"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Self-control, or not, the point is valid. Being fat/overweight/skinny/muscular isn't magic and isn't chance. Yes, some of it has to do with genetics. A lot of it (most) has to do with diet and work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top