Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 11:10:42 AM EDT
They are discussing NO Confiscation on NRA Radio Right now (Simulcast online, nranews.com)

http://www.nranews.com

you can restart the coverage, it has been going since 3pm EST or listen to it on Sirius Radio.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm at work and can't listen...

Can you give a synopsis?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm at work and can't listen...

Can you give a synopsis?

+100

no speakers on work machine..

play by play pls..

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#4]
They're talking about booing somebody on a football game........
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They're talking about booing somebody on a football game........

did they get shot with a flintlock?   if not why are they talking about that on NRA RADIO.. and not the NO issue

thanks for the review..

keep em coming..

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#6]
"People are saying Bush caused the huricane.."

"Carl Rove's secret weather machine"

"The hurricane was racist..."

"I wanna move on and talk about John Roberts...."
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Just seems to be alot of political commentary?  Bush blamed for hurricane, Kayne West being boo'd at NFL game, and John Roberts trying to become the Chief Justice...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#8]
They talked about NO for a couple of minutes.

Short version is they talked about media reports of people being disarmed,
but they said they had no direct proof and were looking into it.

Took a couple of phone calls from listeners about it, and moved on
to Kanye West being booed at the NFL thing last night.

Now on to John Roberts stuff.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#9]
And that's where they're at....John Roberts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#10]
As usual, the NRA is bunkered down, frozen in place
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#11]
They talked about it for about 10 minutes at the begining of the cast,  The Commentatior said he was in disbeleif and had several callers on the subject, but no official statement from the NRA at this time.

I Did just receive an E-mail from the NRA;

Numerous media sources are reporting on an apparent campaign by New Orleans city authorities to confiscate lawfully-owned firearms from people in the city.  Louisiana statute does grant the government, during a state of emergency, broad powers in regulating and controlling firearms.

However, we have seen not just with Hurricane Katrina, but other similar situations, that when police are unable to control the criminal element, people turn to the one freedom that protects all others-the Second Amendment.

While one can certainly understand the dire predicaments of all those affected by Hurricane Katrina, as we have learned throughout history, campaigns to disarm the lawful do nothing to disarm the criminal.  And in truth, these restrictions make citizens less safe.  Despite the valiant efforts of many law enforcement officers and rescue workers, too many of those left in the wake of Katrina are ultimately responsible for their own security and safety and that of their families and loved ones; especially when communication is virtually non-existent and police can't be quickly summoned to respond to calls for help.  At these times, lawful gun ownership is paramount to personal safety.

Of course, the entire situation in New Orleans is constantly in flux.  But rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation very closely and will address any activity by the government that unduly infringes upon the rights of lawful gun owners at the appropriate time. As we learn more, we will report to our members accordingly.  In the interim, however, we join with all Americans in offering our thoughts, prayers, and assistance to the victims and survivors of this terrible natural disaster.

Sincerely,

Katrina Ruminski
NRA-ILA
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#12]

But rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation very closely and will address any activity by the government that unduly infringes upon the rights of lawful gun owners at the appropriate time. As we learn more, we will report to our members accordingly as we request donations. In the interim, however, we join with all Americans in offering our thoughts, prayers, and assistance to the victims and survivors of this terrible natural disaster and the coming of the next millenium.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Who just called up?
A caller "John"  just mentioned the posts on  AR15.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Who just called up?
A caller "John"  just mentioned the posts on  AR15.com

I got a busy signal
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Called both my senators and my congressman - said they'll "get back to me"
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
They talked about it for about 10 minutes at the begining of the cast,  The Commentatior said he was in disbeleif and had several callers on the subject, but no official statement from the NRA at this time.

Numerous media sources are reporting on an apparent campaign by New Orleans city authorities to confiscate lawfully-owned firearms from people in the city.  Louisiana statute does grant the government, during a state of emergency, broad powers in regulating and controlling firearms.

However, we have seen not just with Hurricane Katrina, but other similar situations, that when police are unable to control the criminal element, people turn to the one freedom that protects all others-the Second Amendment.

While one can certainly understand the dire predicaments of all those affected by Hurricane Katrina, as we have learned throughout history, campaigns to disarm the lawful do nothing to disarm the criminal.  And in truth, these restrictions make citizens less safe.  Despite the valiant efforts of many law enforcement officers and rescue workers, too many of those left in the wake of Katrina are ultimately responsible for their own security and safety and that of their families and loved ones; especially when communication is virtually non-existent and police can't be quickly summoned to respond to calls for help.  At these times, lawful gun ownership is paramount to personal safety.

Of course, the entire situation in New Orleans is constantly in flux.  But rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation very closely and will address any activity by the government that unduly infringes upon the rights of lawful gun owners at the appropriate time. As we learn more, we will report to our members accordingly.  In the interim, however, we join with all Americans in offering our thoughts, prayers, and assistance to the victims and survivors of this terrible natural disaster.

Sincerely,

Katrina Ruminski
NRA-ILA

Instead of "monitoring" why don't they get their attorneys involved and get an injunction?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I can just imagine how the liberal media and Pelosi's crew will spin any public annoucement by the NRA to maintain gun ownership rights in NOLA.  Makes me sick.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Katrina Ruminski
NRA-ILA

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Sincerely,

Katrina Ruminski
NRA-ILA

I got the same form Email.  What I find irritating is:

"Louisiana statute does grant the government, during a state of emergency, broad powers in regulating and controlling firearms."

The NRA should have challenged this before the disaster, not after (unless you need a test case, in which case they almost certainly have some by now).
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What I find irritating is:

"Louisiana statute does grant the government, during a state of emergency, broad powers in regulating and controlling firearms."

But a state statute cannot take away or negate a right provided by the federal constition.  Well at least, that's the way the LAW states it, but I guess that doesn't apply anymore.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

But rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation very closely and will address any activity by the government that unduly infringes upon the rights of lawful gun owners at the appropriate time. As we learn more, we will report to our members accordingly as we request donations. In the interim, however, we join with all Americans in offering our thoughts, prayers, and assistance to the victims and survivors of this terrible natural disaster and the coming of the next millenium.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Instead of "monitoring" why don't they get their attorneys involved and get an injunction?

How about they verify the reports first instead of doing the Chicken Little routine, eh?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

But a state statute cannot take away or negate a right provided by the federal constition.  Well at least, that's the way the LAW states it, but I guess that doesn't apply anymore.

Been going on for years in CA, IL, MA, D.C., VA, etc. etc. Just ask the gun owners there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a member of the NRA I have not been seeing much activity from them. As a member of the VCDL I find that much can be accomplished by being aggressive in fighting gun grabbers.

What has the NRA done to help this situation?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#25]
the NRA does NOT care......

period
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been going on for years in CA, IL, MA, D.C., VA, etc. etc. Just ask the gun owners there.

Please explain?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please explain?

VA had an incident where ATF and local Richmond police were abusing thier powers at gunshows. going to peoples houses and askign questions about the purchaser of the firearms.

just an inident, not any legislation in particular.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please explain?

VA had an incident where ATF and local Richmond police were abusing thier powers at gunshows. going to peoples houses and askign questions about the purchaser of the firearms.

just an inident, not any legislation in particular.

I was there, bought guns and ammo, but that doesn't answer the question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top