Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 6:06:52 PM EDT
These houses are not far from my place on the way to Lakeland. They share a fence...and not much else in common.

Here's a nice little place I wouldnt mind owning.

Here's his next door neighbour. This is not a farm but the livestock have destroyed the yard.

The two photos practically are edge to edge. Night and day.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the trailer still has the axles.  Mabe if the neighbors in picture one go over when no one is home they can 'haul' away the garbage.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, even though I wouldnt want house B beside me if I had house A, it's good to see that you can still be free to do as you please in some places in America.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
That one is just a hurricane away from being relocated.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#4]
You can't controll what you don't own.  I am going through something like that myself here.  There are people on this board that get angry if you say that you want to change the status quo where you live .  It seems that the first person living in an area gets to make all the rules about the community standards.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That house has been through two already.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
One's ready for a buy out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That house has been through two already.

Looks like it too. Nothing wrong with living in a mobile home, but you can be clean and neat and take care of your property.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Truth be told, you would find more house Bs in this area than house As.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Good fences make good neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Actually, even though I wouldnt want house B beside me if I had house A, it's good to see that you can still be free to do as you please in some places in America.

I agree of course.  A fresh coat of paint, some skirting, little nicer fence, and clean up the garbage it wouldn't look bad.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Tell us about your new camera......
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy both, then burn the damn trailer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#13]
What`s real estate going for in that area? Looks like  nice area.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It's actually a pretty nice area. Real estate values I dont know but I'd guess house A goes for over a hundred grand and house B goes 30. That right outa my butt.
The area is kinda hard to guage. It's rural, but on a main thoroughfare to Lakeland from Z-hills and bothe towns are growing right at it. In twenty years there will be a lot of developement here. It's a mile from the junction of Hwy 98 and SR 54.

The camera? It's just an old Intel webcam I havent gone digital at work ...yet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You can't controll what you don't own.  I am going through something like that myself here.  There are people on this board that get angry if you say that you want to change the status quo where you live .  It seems that the first person living in an area gets to make all the rules about the community standards.

Why is it that people think your neighbors get to decide what you do with your property? This has always puzzled me...... This is the reason I live where I do now, nobody tells me what I can or can't do on my own place. I have a machine shop, a non-matching carport, a non-matching storage shed, a non-matching pole-shed that I park my jeep under, and a bunch of HAM radio antennas strung up in the trees. All of this is "outlawed" across the fence in the "neighborhood" that is being developed behind me. People nowadays seem to be buying a house that they are planning on selling to make a profit on instead of buying a home to live in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why is it that people think your neighbors get to decide what you do with your property? This has always puzzled me...... This is the reason I live where I do now, nobody tells me what I can or can't do on my own place. I have a machine shop, a non-matching carport, a non-matching storage shed, a non-matching pole-shed that I park my jeep under, and a bunch of HAM radio antennas strung up in the trees. All of this is "outlawed" across the fence in the "neighborhood" that is being developed behind me. People nowadays seem to be buying a house that they are planning on selling to make a profit on instead of buying a home to live in.

I'm talking about illegal activities taking place on properties adjacent to my prpoerty and in the community.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm talking about illegal activities taking place on properties adjacent to my prpoerty and in the community.

Sounds like a cool place Target.
What do you mean by illegal Pangea?

I would say this house doesnt belong in a city, but this is pretty rural here and I think he's well within his rights.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
One's ready for a buy out.

Even better, just make friends with the tax collector.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Truth be told, you would find more house Bs in this area than house As.

Pooby,
You should do something like this.:

as Fine Mobile Homes of Florida.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would say this house doesnt belong in a city, but this is pretty rural here and I think he's well within his rights.

Thanks captainpooby, BTW I was actually agreeing with Pangea it just seems like it is argumenative. Unless he is supporting what my rant was about...... I also dont agree with the illegal activities as the meth situation makes us land owners nerveous around here. Headlines like " Meth Lab found in Local Community potentially poisons local water supply" scare me as I also have a well on my land. You get my point.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My problem is the burning of household garbage in the yards around my house. One of the violators does it within 20 yards of my place.  It makes it hard to have any outdoor activities like bar-b-queing or picnicking.  When 5 or 10 of these ooks do it at the same time the smell is intense and it makes you sick to your stomache to smell it.  They look at you like your speaking a foreign language when you ask them to stop.  I've looked into the laws concerning it and have the information to show them.

That's what I mean by illegal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Shoot, if I had a digital camera I could take a thousand pics like this. It's tar paper shackes next to million dollar homes all over the place around here. I never saw anything like it till I moved to Texas.

It made me wonder where in the world the middle class folks had gone.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I sorta think along these lines
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I was born in Lakeland ..good ole Polk county, half trailer, half orange groves.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Similar problem along those lines. I live in a nice neighborhood, in a good part of town, yet on the corner of the primary street into our neighborhood is a rental shithole with overgrown yard, busted wooden fencing and a totally ignored side run along the main boulevard. Looks like shit.
Then four houses along, opposite side of the street, another house with abandoned yard, shit all over the porch and proped against the front of the house, and both front-facing side fences damaged / broken. Looks abandoned but the same cars are there every weekend.

I'm waffling between a note on the doors asking them to clean up their shit, or just going there and DOING the work they won't. F'em. What kind of 'vandalism' charge can I face for CLEANING their yard?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Looks like the trailer still has the axles.  Mabe if the neighbors in picture one go over when no one is home they can 'haul' away the garbage.

+1
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually a pretty nice area. Real estate values I dont know but I'd guess house A goes for over a hundred grand and house B goes 30. That right outa my butt.
The area is kinda hard to guage. It's rural, but on a main thoroughfare to Lakeland from Z-hills and bothe towns are growing right at it. In twenty years there will be a lot of developement here. It's a mile from the junction of Hwy 98 and SR 54.

Holy crap.  House A in my neighborhood would be over $400,000, and even House B would be over $100,000 easily.  A house at the end of my street (1600 sq ft, but with 5 acres) just sold for $440,000.  Trailer homes in this area, with a (owned) tiny lot to sit on, go for around $100,000.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top