BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/5/2008 8:06:43 PM EDT
I think its all panic-talk.

Have we seen the country ever in a more pro-gun state?

Carry in National Parks on the path to being legalized.

More and more states considering carry in schools.

A bunch of Democrats supporting the lower court's decision in DC vs Heller

Hillary and Obama each trying harder to BS about how they support the individual's right to own guns.

And finally...DC vs Heller WILL be decided in our favor.

The last AWB was a complete failure.
Many here claim Obama wants to ban all semi autos......maybe he wants to ride a cow to the moon ....they're equally likely to happen.

I think Arfcommers are making too big of a deal of this...I really don't think another AWB is likely....Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe not nationally, but at the state level....
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hillary and Obama each trying harder to BS about how they support the individual's right to own guns.

Many here claim Obama wants to ban all semi autos......maybe he wants to ride a cow to the moon ....they're equally likely to happen.

I think Arfcommers are making too big of a deal of this...I really don't think another AWB is likely....Thoughts?

I'm one of the more optimistic members here, and while I agree with you that things are absolutely going our way... a new AWB I think is very possible if a dem gets elected president.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO, the fact that people make a big deal about it is part of the reason why it hasn't happened.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't matter whether or not the last one worked.  As long as they can convince the people that it did, they'll want a new one.

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree.

Gun guys tend to be a paranoid lot, though...so panic buying will ensue.

A year from now, when people realize that the sky is not gonna fall when Obama or Hillary take office, there wil be some deals to be had  
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You raise some good points....I think many many arfcommers are extremely doom and gloom though.. Everything I read is here is about the next AWB, but when you stop and think of these latest developments you point out, its raises some questions
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]

A LOT rests on this assumption.  I think we have the upper hand, but there is always the possibility that it goes south.  If it does...

I'd rather be too cautious than have them sneak up on us.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It doesn't matter whether or not the last one worked.  As long as they can convince the people that it did, they'll want a new one.

Maybe so, but including SKS's how many so called "Assault Weapons" are in private hands now? Nothing short of confiscation could possibly do anything. And Nation wide gun confiscation will not happen in America (At least not any time soon).
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Gun guys are paranoid due the fact that there have been two of them already.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#10]
You make a lot of sense. I think Democrats had to cross the fence in order to win in '06 which was to recruit ALOT of pro-gun rights candidates to run, otherwise they probably would not have won in '06.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

A LOT rests on this assumption.  I think we have the upper hand, but there is always the possibility that it goes south.  If it does...

If it is decided to be a collective right I have no doubt that this country will fragment apart. I believe Montana will be true to its word, and citizens everywhere will not turn in their guns. The SCOTUS knows this too, and that's one of the reasons why Heller will be progun...
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't know how accurate that is, but it made me LOL.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#13]
denial is a very strong emotion
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I think you trust the goobermint and the sheeple too much.

The goobermint and the sheeple don't give a damn if it works or not so long as it sounds good and does something "for the children". A lot of the sheeple don't even know WTF the 94 bill banned. They think a cosmetic feature makes it(the firearm) a baby killing tool.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#15]
DON'T YOU LET YOUR GAURD DOWN FOR A MINUTE!!!!!!

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#16]
My question is... How long before mandatory castration? Because many of the guys in this state have the demeanor of a woman.. And the fashion sense as well..

Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#17]

This makes me think we're advancing, not retreating. Sure, some states suck, but the ones that do are the bastions of leftism; how can you expect them not to suck? The rest of the nation is looking pretty good, from my perspective.

Edited to add: Even more recent version, mine's out of date. Look at all that lovely blue right-to-carry landscape.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#18]
don't jinx it
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#19]
well, I think you're a fucking idiot........

Watch the news much? You notice how many big news shootings there have been lately?

It can happen......
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think you trust the goobermint and the sheeple too much.

The goobermint and the sheeple don't give a damn if it works or not so long as it sounds good and does something "for the children". A lot of the sheeple don't even know WTF the 94 bill banned. They think a cosmetic feature makes it(the firearm) a baby killing tool.
I agree with you, but how many Fudd's were converted into AR/AK enthusiasts by the last ban?

How many people who had never owned a gun went out and bought an AR because Clinton told them they couldn't?

Even Remington and Charles Daly are producing ARs, they are as mainstream now as thuddy thuddy's
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#22]
There are a number of state AWBs in the process of being passed as we speak, including Nebraska and Illinois,
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#23]
burying your head in the sand is an understatement, Obama and Hillary haven't made mention of it, so put your faith in - THE DEMOCRATS ? !  

Are you friggin kidding me?!  If they get the exec branch and control both Senate and House, get ready to bend over and not come up for air!

These assholes are gonna be around for FOUR years +!  Don't you understand - DEMOCRATS BAN GUNS.  This is their philosophy.  This is what Democarats do!  They BAN THINGS ! ! ! ! How can you give them an elecron worth of credit that they're not gonna fuck gun owners?  Is you stoned?

They will not be doing their job if they do not raise your taxes, make government bigger and promote GUN CONTROL.

C'mom - the Repubs have fucked us on the Second Amendment - do you think Obama and ilk will relax and leave you be?  COME ON!

Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe so, but including SKS's how many so called "Assault Weapons" are in private hands now? Nothing short of confiscation could possibly do anything. And Nation wide gun confiscation will not happen in America (At least not any time soon).

They didn't confiscate the last time.  Just passed useless legislation that made them all feel good.

I do predict a .50BMG ban however.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#25]
DC vs Heller will be the nail in the gun grabbers coffin.

Words cant describe how enormously important this decision is.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Watch the news much? You notice how many big news shootings there have been lately?

It can happen......

I notice a lot of shootings with no noteworthy anti-gun response. NICS updates, big deal. The state government here in VA, waving the bloody shirt of Virginia Tech and with the governor's backing, tried to "close the gun-show loophole" and failed utterly in both the state house and senate. Meanwhile multiple states are trying to get legislation passed to allow carry on college grounds, some of which look like they may succeed.

I'm not running scared
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It can happen......
Nice personal attack, I guess I really pissed you off

To clarify--I am a member of the NRA- I write my congressmen--I take new people shooting.

I'm not letting my guard down, but I know more and more shooters are taking new people out shooting AR's etc.....things are moving in our direction.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I agree.

Gun guys tend to be a paranoid lot, though...so panic buying will ensue.

A year from now, when people realize that the sky is not gonna fall when Obama or Hillary take office, there wil be some deals to be had  

The last two or three gunshows toward the end of the year are gonna be interesting.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii19/Kylaer_/victory.gif

This makes me think we're advancing, not retreating. Sure, some states suck, but the ones that do are the bastions of leftism; how can you expect them not to suck? The rest of the nation is looking pretty good, from my perspective.

Edited to add: Even more recent version, mine's out of date. Look at all that lovely blue right-to-carry landscape.

Im told that only the police armmorer (sp, hum?) has a CCW in Hawaii. May issue? Not in obamas home state.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Sure they do... but only the guns THEY approve of! Get real! The Dems have ALWAYS been anti-gun, and the Reps are fading in their support of 2A. They ALL are only biding their time, in order to get a political climate that is more conducive to their goals.

Just look at the news lately. EVERY gun incident is played to the hilt by the media... which whips the sheep into a frenzy. Congress won't ignore this opportunity to ban guns.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
DON'T YOU LET YOUR GAURD DOWN FOR A MINUTE!!!!!!

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLUS MUTHAFUCKIN 1!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Sure they do... but only the guns THEY approve of! Get real! The Dems have ALWAYS been anti-gun, and the Reps are fading in their support of 2A. They ALL are only biding their time, in order to get a political climate that is more conducive to their goals.

Just look at the news lately. EVERY gun incident is played to the hilt by the media... which whips the sheep into a frenzy. Congress won't ignore this opportunity to ban guns.
Maybe so but if the SCOTUS affirms that the 2A refers to an individual right in order to balance power with the government-an assault weapons ban could be rendered impossible......

---Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Of course, all the microstamping and ammo serialization bills that they are pushing don't mean anything.

Don't think for a second that they don' want to take them. If they see an opportunity, they will jump, salivating, at the chance to ban features, capacities, and entire classes of weapons.

THEY HAVE BEFORE.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Of course, all the microstamping and ammo serialization bills that they are pushing don't mean anything.

Don't think for a second that they don' want to take them. If they see an opportunity, they will jump, salivating, at the chance to ban features, capacities, and entire classes of weapons.

THEY HAVE BEFORE.

What's that quote I'm looking for? Something about those who fail to learn from history?
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THEY HAVE BEFORE.

What's that quote I'm looking for? Something about those who fail to learn from history?

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Osama's words on guns....

More from him....

Hillarys words...

Need more?

Im sorry, anyone who doesnt honestly believe that either of these libtards intend on full bans if not outright confiscation is either: A) disingenuous to the point of absurdity or B) a fraud appealing for our vote for their gun grabbing masters, if not both.

These two can not be trusted with all the demonstrated gains we have had int he last 20 years, with no help from these two and no thanks going to these two. They have done everything in their power to fight us, and should they win, we will have a tough road to hoe under their administrations.

Think what you will, guard your liberties closely, once taken they shall surely not be returned. .

Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Hitlery made a statement just a few days ago that she is all for the RKBA, but she thinks we need to ban "assault weapons".

Don't ever let them fool you, they will strike when they think they can succeed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#38]
yeah, but assault weapons are evil, and we all know they have no legitimate sporting purpose. You can't hunt deer with an assault weapon.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#39]
well dont i feel like an asshole

By some of the responses here it seems like some think I am in a cover up conspiracy with the democrats.

My point was.....don't get so caught up in "the sky is falling" bullshit to see that there is good stuff happening to. And anyone who thinks that outright gun confiscation in America is possible is delusional I think.....

Yes it happened in NOLA...But do you really think an army serving Obama going door to door collecting guns would have any luck?

ETA I never said I trusted any LIBTARDS I just think that seeing them each trying to outdo the other in their support of guns means something.

ETA2 TO CLARIFY I'M NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA! (Or Hitlery)
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
yeah, but assault weapons are evil, and we all know they have no legitimate sporting purpose. You can't hunt deer with an assault weapon.

Guess I should give my M1A to the government, because they say that. I mean, .308 is only the most popular hunting cartridge made....must not be useful for the mulies in my state.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#41]
I pretty much agree with the OP.  I've been following the gun control debate for over 20 years.  I've seen the Dems lose control of congress in '94, I've seen the AWB not get renewed, and I've seen the number of states allowing CCW explode.  I've even seen some pro-gun Democrats get elected.  I think we'll see Heller go our way, too.

Many people forget that it doesn't matter what the president (whoever it ends up being) wants, it's the legislative branch that makes the laws.  Bush said he would have signed an AWB renewal.

Having said all that I'm personally trying to purchase all the "evil" weapons and ammo I can before the election.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#42]
The latest ploy is the serialization of ammo. You'll only be able to buy ammo that has microscopic serial numbers on each projectile. Immagine the extra expense for ammo.

They are currently trying tp pass this shit in numerous statehouses. Be aware!
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
My point was.....don't get so caught up in "the sky is falling" bullshit to see that there is good stuff happening to. And anyone who thinks that outright gun confiscation in America is possible is delusional I think.....

Orly....

Quoted:

I guess from your OP I missed that point.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Orly....

Quoted:

I guess from your OP I missed that point.

Thanks CavVet for pointing that out.

the OP needs to give this subject a litle more thought
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Thanks CavVet for pointing that out.

the OP needs to give this subject a litle more thought

Can you elaborate? I guess I'm just tired but I don't see your point....
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Even if it doesn't happen and we stock up on lowers...
More builds ensue...
Let BRD run its course and take over!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#47]
They don't need to ban guns.

They are gonna fuck us with the ammo regs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

It can happen......

I smell a...

in your future...
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It can happen......

I smell a...

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Pubboy/Master_Lock-Resettable_Brass_Padloc.jpg

in your future...
I thought so too But I guess someone would have to report him and I won't over that...
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#50]
lol. nice. name calling, real nice.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top